Blood Ties

We'll Meet Again

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 01, 2008 on Lifetime

• A young boy shows up all of fifteen claiming to have a wife and having lived for hundreds of years. After Vicki has Henry speak with him they realize he is telling the truth and he wants Vicki to find his long lost love. Henry is thinking of leaving.

The penultimate Blood Ties tale dealing with love, destiny, and devotion. There are a number of things going on here and we have to really delve into the story to see the things taking shape.

For the major plot we have a fifteen year old, Lee who is an emancipated boy who has lived and loved thru twelve lifetimes with his "soul mate". The stories seem to be often tragic and short lived but the story is always the same. They die together and are reincarnated and meet again when they are teenagers. In a way it is almost a vicious circle.

This time the girl, Helen, has not come to find Lee and he has had no luck at all finding her so he comes to Vicki as she is known for taking weird cases.

Throughout the story we see more and more of the tale and begin to understand the futile relationship, but the passionate nature of the story as well. Because of a mix up at the time of their last demise Helen is now ten years older, married, and having another mans baby. She looked for him, but finally moved on after three years.

In the secondary plots we have Mike ready to lose his job over his relationship with Vicki and Henry finally coming to his senses and getting ready to move on to another life. We meet Augustus played by Blu Mankuma who is like a broker of vampire territories and lives. His family has been handling the arrangements for generations. In the end Lee goes crazy and tries to kill the husband, but manages to get stopped before he kills him. As a minor he'll get juvi or probation as he has never done anything bad before. He'll need to learn to move on with his life though. We really don't know much about either of the guys final dispositions though as things are left in the air.

A fair episode that is sort on the upswing from the last, but not on par with the previous one to that. I expected something greater being that this was the second to last episode and there had to be some idea that the show wasn't coming back. One more to go! Thanks for reading...