Blood+

Cursed Blood

Aired Sunday 1:30 AM Oct 21, 2007 on Adult Swim

• Kai begs Saya to use her blood to save Irene. Unfortunately, the shiff are born of Diva's blood, so Saya's blood is the shiff's bane and not boon. The shiff leave, now having a new target. Hagi comforts Saya.

Great Ep. Very sad, though. Too bad...I liked Irene. For some reason, I had forgotten that Hagi had his largest set of consecutive words to date! Joking aside, it's cool that he can comfort Saya even if only for a moment. It's still a trip to see Riku dressing so Hagi-ish. Saya's chevaliers have more style than Diva's. I didn't have any revelations from this ep like the past few, but it's a good transitional narative. The Shif leave without bloodshead...so close to coming to an understanding, but still worlds apart. An enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. And poor Kai, his symbolic victory shatters some of his faith. I wonder what he was thinking when he saw Saya holding a small crystal of Irene towards the sunset. Perhaps Saya was mourning the lost posibilities in her own way.