Blood+

Mismatched Feelings

Aired Sunday 1:30 AM Dec 09, 2007 on Adult Swim

• Saya and Hagi engage James in combat. Nathan watches the show, Diva walks-off. Kai follows and helps out as best he can. Nathan stops James from killing Saya. David sneaks into Cinq Flech, encounters Julia. A pompus Argeno is taken hostage by David.

I thought this one was pretty good. I'd give it a B+ for plot advancement. I wouldn't quite say this was a transitional episode. I liked the little exchange between David and Julia. Van Argeno...what a punce. I rather enjoy the little bits here and there where he gets some come-up-ance. He's got the tough front, but he nearly pisses himself like the coward he is when confronted. Too bad David didn't break his arm or bleed him a little bit. I don't understand why Saya didn't splash some of her blood into Jame's eyes or mouth. Sometimes ya gotta be creative, think outside the box. However, the combat was fairly good. Of course, there is no way a .45 ACP could bring down that metalic fixture on top of James. Oh well. I snickered when Diva walk out of the auditorium, she says "sister looks scary'. At least Saya doesn't whimper on the floor paralyzed by fear anymore. Too bad she thinks that her feelings are a weakness...when ultimately they give us strength. I am reminded of the very end of an old Pink Floyd song "together we stand, divided we fall". I enjoyed Lewis's observation about Kai and David, that the looked so much alike...each hurt, perhaps deeply, by the woman he loves. When I think of David in this instance, I recall the old addage 'you don't know what you have until it is gone', I think this is true about Julia. It is mildly ironic that initially, David was too wrapped up in his work to be in touch with Julia, not it is just the opposite.