Blue Bloods

Critical Condition

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 07, 2011 on CBS

• Who is John Wayne...?!

This episode revolves around a bank robbery gone wrong that turns into a hostage situation. Danny and his partner are signed up to the case which naturally gets a lot of media attention. It's interesting to see both sides of the story as this decision affects his father as well as the rest of the family.
    I won't go into details and spoil it for viewers although it's not a (really) surprising twist but still very interesting because we see which effects police work can have on close relatives and on the personal life as it is after all a high stress job and there aren't always laurels to win for it.
    Danny's fiery personality seems to get him into trouble on a regular basis. But it's this trait that makes him interesting to watch and to grow. And probably a real good cop.
    And now there's Jamie who finds himself assigned with a new partner whom he knew from the academy (I sensed some possible future involvement but I might be wrong). There could be some interesting dynamics between the two of them as she seems to be the complete opposite of Jamie, a bit of a hot shot.
    This episode didn't keep me on my toes like the one ending season one but I found the story intertwined with some background from the family as intriguing as the rest of the series. With episodes like this one I will be coming back for more and more.
    And the thing with John Wayne... You'll figure it out! ;-)

CBS