Blue Bloods Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

How can Jamie work as a police officer on a daily basis and still be undercover?

Charlie183

[1]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 17

How can Jamie work as a police officer on a daily basis and still be undercover? Wouldn't it be too risky that someone sees him working in uniform and then tells the people he is trying to fool?

Maybe I missed something essential ? Did they explain that somehow ?
    Or does someone see a good explanation for that ? It kind of bugs me about the show, although I like everything else !

Edited on 01/06/2012 7:45pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Charlie183

[2]Apr 4, 2012

I heard in the next episode 2x19 they will make him worry about it a little when he gets into the press for something that he did..

but still I don't get it..

nobody else bothers this ?

Jemadari

[3]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 12

In a city of 8 million he met maybe 20 people as Jimmy Reardon and though it's never been said I imagine the mobsters' turf is no where near his patrol area

but when it's all said and done if one applies basic logic to most tv shows then tv would never get watched

Charlie183

[4]Apr 7, 2012
    you are right.. i didn't think about the size of the city (grew up in a small town).. thanks

and I don't try to think to much about the logic of most shows, some things you just have to accept or it doesn't work. Although i really appreciate if they are at least consistent within their logic.. and there are a lot of shows out there which aren't .. but I don't mind too much if it's just little things and the characters are good, like in Blue Bloods..

Jemadari

[5]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 12

Yea I used to quit watching shows left and right because of the flagrant abandonment of logic then I decided to take a more 'just go with it' approach and for the most part that seems to help, sorta of like a variation on the Dr. Seuss quote "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Edited on 04/07/2012 10:39pm

sshan39

[6]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    I thought the same thing. He wouldnt be able to. Its unrealistic. I am really not into the undercver story anyway. I like Donny walbergs character the most and the family dynamic. I love Tom Sellick in action too.

Jack146

[7]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 11

Charlie183 wrote:
    How can Jamie work as a police officer on a daily basis and still be undercover? Wouldn't it be too risky that someone sees him working in uniform and then tells the people he is trying to fool?

You are exactly right about this but there were extenuating circumstances here. Jamie was asked to go into plain clothes only temporarily to check up on underage drinking at that bar, a fairly non-dangerous assignment. Just by chance he struck up a friendship with the mobbed up guy he met there.

When he reported what occurred and it was decided he would follow through with his undercover work, he would have immediately been removed from all uniformed patrol duties and worked strictly undercover.

It got even worse later on when he rescued the baby and they had to make Sgt. Renzulli take the credit and and receive an award on TV, but they really blew it when they had Jamie not only attend that presentation but he was in full uniform and standing right next to Renzulli with cameras rolling and flashes going off constantly.

I submitted this as a GOOF for the Some Kind of Hero episode, but the moderator rejected it saying it was not a GOOF. I have a VERY interesting story to tell the moderator about a very similar real life situation involving a 60 Minutes story that put an undercover Officer's life in danger, but there doesn't seem to be any way to even know who the moderators are anymore nevermind contacting them.

Edited on 04/17/2012 7:51pm