Blue Bloods

Manhattan Queens

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 31, 2014 on CBS

• 3 Inventive Storylines

This was such a good episode. I liked how the kidnapping scenario, which initially had the feel of Erin-in-jep, was sent in a totally different direction. Erin showed her Reagan sense of values and resourcefulness in digging up the truth in the Cooper case. And then, lest she be perceived as too warm-and-fuzzy, she doesn't hold back on taking advantage of an I-told-you-so moment. Finally, at the end, when she might have shared a typical I'm a-mother-too moment with Mrs Cooper, she tells her instead to leave before she changes her mind about prosecuting her for kidnapping. Great writing!

The whole drag queen murder investigation, in which Danny has a surprisingly rich knowledge of the life, was amusing. The film-noir scene between him and Tallulah in the dark office was priceless. And his admission at the end that he's a big tent kind of guy belied the idea that he was only watching the TV show Queen Bee because his wife watched.

But the most interesting feature in this ep was Baker's handling of DeLuca, from her put-down at the opening of the conference; through her developing of the evidence pointing to him as a suspect; and finally the use of a drone to nail down the arrests. (Drones were one of the topics of the conference, after I'd like to see more of Det. Baker, who up until now has only been portrayed as a go-fer. Thanks, CBS, for another smart, strong, and beautiful female character.
  • good show

I liked this show it let Abigail have more of a lead in it. Was great.