Blue Bloods

Friday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2010 In Season

Blue Bloods Fan Reviews (212)

• Nicky, 8

I'd give Blue Bloods a 10, and Tom Selleck deserves an EMMY. I've read most of the reviews, and I too miss Linda and wish they'd bring her back. Donnie Wahlberg as Danny Reagan, is my favorite character. And I would give Nicky (Sami Gayle) an 8 because she's so damned cute that I don't remember or care what she actually says! We watched her grow up on Blue Bloods. I would expect to see her in a leading role in another series someday soon.
  • Nikki, 2

I have to say I've kept quiet about this for years because it's probably not going to go over very well. I hope now that she's at San Francisco the character of Nicki won't be returning. I feel she was a poor representation of what younger people are and a poor representation of what family is. She was not exposed to social skills. She was allowed to say anything she wanted and they would just sit there and listen. I caught myself many times yelling at the TV shut up you little brat. Anyway that's my feeling.

• New writers?

Have watched Blue Bloods from day one and always loved it, however this years episodes are boring and most of the time I have to watch each episode several times to make sense if it. My husband said he isn't interested in it anymore either. It's good Jamie and Eddie have bigger rolls but we need some more interesting stories. Since Linda was in a helicopter crash and that was it, maybe she could be lost and not killed in the crash and brought back. Or Tom Selleck involved in a stormy romance. Or Anthony involved in a steamy story. Come on writers give us something interesting!
  • Bring Linda back

I wished Blue Bloods would bring Linda back! The show is just not the same without her. Here's a thought Danny could wake up one day and she would be there it was all a dream. Really.

• Tom Selleck deserves an EMMY

If you haven't watched "Blue Bloods" you are missing out. Tom Selleck as Police Commissioner Frank Reagan has been outstanding, this season in particular has been a stand out for the show and Tom (who deserves an EMMY nomination for this role).
  • Blue Bloods season 9 episode 18

I was extremely offended by your reference about gastric bypass as cheating to lose weight. I had gastric bypass 19 years ago and I work everyday to keep the weight off. It is not a sure cure for being over weight. It is a helping hand. I do 24 miles a week of aerobic exercise and watch everything I eat to make sure I keep off what I lost. You broke my heard by saying that as if I don't try to lose weight. I am ashamed of your writers and cast for using that excuse in the show. You need to change your thinking about gastric bypass.
  • So Proud of Blue Bloods

Blue Bloods is one of the greatest shows. They are a good Catholic family who sticks together. I am Catholic, and a good clean show representing the Police is wonderful.

I love the dinner table scenes. Ok, the characters are awesome as well. Although I am not Irish, I do believe that the show betrays true Catholic families. The shows are clean and have lessons. Thank you for producing this show.

I have tons of ideas for this show.

Regardless, thank you for bringing a great cast together, especially with a great bottom line.

Kudos.

Dr. G.
  • minorities vs The Reagans

Sorry, guys, but I can not watch Blue Bloods any longer. Having been a fan of the actors and the plot line I have watched from the first season, but no longer. At first I thought that the minority characters were being portrayed as so exaggerated just to highlight the Irish police brand of the Reagans, but I came to realize that there is an underlining element of racism in the Reagan family.
  • How to make Barney Fife look good.

I enjoy the show overall. Danny Reagan is not a very good detective. He should go back into the Marines, of which he was once a member. His style of police work belongs in a war zone. But the worst of the lot would have to be Jamie. A really lousy cop. A namby-pamby goody two-shoes type. He butts into things that are NONE of his business and when people are recalcitrant to talk to him he doesn't go away. He keeps pushing. If he were doing that to me, I'd have him up on charges so fast, his head would still be spinning. Or, I'd just punch him out.

He needs to go into law as the attorney he supposedly got his degree in. I cringe every time Jamie comes on the scene. He would have been fired in the first season if he were in a real police force. Except, of course, for the nepotism we have here.

Tom Selleck's character is actually pretty good. I like him. Erin Reagan is also quite good as was Danny's wife, Linda. Made a mistake killing her off, she was a settling influence on the Reagan clan.

But this just shows why NYPD is one of the worst police depts in the world, along with LAPD.

Very happy I don't live in either city. I would not be safe in either one of them.

I know this is just a drama, and characters are what the writers make of them. However, the show really ought to consider hiring firearms experts to teach those clowns on proper firearms handling.

Oh well, expecting any kind of realism from any TV show or any movie is just expecting too much.

Don't even get me started on Criminal Minds, or Law & Order.

But now I'm digressing, so I'll just close with saying Blue Bloods is, sadly, one of the better shows on TV

The one thing you can say is that Jamie makes Barney Fife look professional.
  • Season 9 Off to Slow Start

Most of what we saw was predictable. But the best of Blue Bloods is when tension or a dilemma is solved through some creative idea or collaboration. The only one that came close last night was Danny's character setting up the snitch. There has yet to be a warm, meaningful "you are one of us" welcoming of Eddie character. So much of the great fun, banter, chemistry between Jamie and Eddie happened on the job. A shame to lose that which is where it appears it is going. Still say that Eddie, Baker, and Maria could have bigger parts and impact. Danny's partner already does but always in the same role. Eddie and Baker are way up for more. Don't make Syd look like such a comic character "golly gee boss" - he, too is smarter than that. Add more dimension to the characters and dynamic. It is required when the show has been running this the dimension could be in new relationships they have with each other. Back to Eddie being really part of the family now, for example and Baker being a problem solver not just a Girl Friday.
  • Dining Etiquette on Blue Bloods

I cannot stand to see the family dining scenes on Blue Bloods when they show Nicky eating. She cuts her meat like a four-year old learning to use a fork and knife. Isn't there someone on the production team who can teach her how to use her eating utensils properly?
  • par time job

earn by working partime job so try it now very easy i am making daily one hundred dollers easly by working only 2 hour so try this just copy and paste in you adress bar............

fastcas7 dot com (before remove dot and replace with dot symbol then search)
  • Only a few believable characters left and the clock's ticking....

I've been following this show from day one but much more of the cranky, miserable old coot Henry Reagan can we take ? How much more of the nave, entitled, spoiled rotten princess Nicki Reagan can we take ? How much miserable pissed off attitude to everyone around him can we put up with in regards to Danny Reagan ? Is anybody sick of Tom Selleck's fake clown smile ? Are the Magnum PI writers hanging around at the bar ? The only good thing about the show is it doesn't rely on instant high tech ridiculous hacking of the Pentagon, the IRS and the CIA to solve a crime like the other dope shows. It's time to cull out some of these characters with a fitting hail of bullets.
  • Confused

Jamie and Eddie are great but see season 7 episode 12. Can't have commissioner son marry his partner when it was frowned upon and showed bad judgement in this episode
  • POP UP BARRY

I WATCH THIS SERIES FROM TIME TO TIME AND I NEVER SEE ANY ACTION BETWEEN JAMIE AND EDDIE. IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME OLD CHIT CHAT - NO CLOSE RELATIONSHIP. THEN IN EPISODE S8E18- FRIENDSHIP, LOVE, ETC... EDDIE GETS SHOT, JAMIE CHECKS HER OUT AND FINDS THAT SHE IS OK. WHO IS THIS BARRY THAT POPS UP IN THE HOSPITAL TO TAKE EDDIE HOME? HOW DID HE KNOW THAT SHE WAS THERE AND LEAVING AT THAT TIME TO TAKE HER HOME? DID EDDIE CALL HIM? AND JAMIE GETS TURNED DOWN THREE TIMES IN A ROW. WHAT THE HELL ?

BARRY NEVER SHOWS UP IN THE SERIES AGAIN THIS SEASON. JAMIE/EDDIE ARE FINE LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED. AND EDDIE IS NOW SITTING AT DINNER TABLE.

TOTALY CONFUSED.

• my opinion

3.5
    I think the show is a bit predictable. There is ALWAYS a chase scene with danny spotting a bad guy and then running after that person. Frank reagan always pouting scrunching up his lower lip and then breathing out heavily. Case wraps up is solved every episode. can't they not solve a crime in an hour and have maybe a part 2? Jamie always trying to do the right thing and getting repremanded for it
  • "Days of our lives" called and want their scipt back

2.5
    The story line of the recent episodes is superficial and the characters are more "caricature" rather than realistic profile of the people they portray. Danny having a felon ride along and help catch a worse felon only to have an epiphany to warn Danny and crew not to enter a booby trapped hide out (PLEASE). Jamie is late for Sunday dinner so he can dramatically announce he has capitulated to the wisdom of him becoming a Sargent. They are all starved but have to flip through the "obligatory" prayer so they can get on with the meal. The series used to give time and reverence to the Sunday family prayer before the meal, as a traditional; Catholic family would, but not secular liberal writers. The writers and, or the directors as obviously changed. Please bring the original writers and, or the original director back before you completely destroy a great series.
  • Looking for an episode in season 2 (2011)

Does anyone know the episode where Jaime was chasing a guy on a skate board through Washington Square Park in NYC? I know that this scene was actually filmed on August 30, 2011, but I just do not know the title of the show nor the episode. Can one of you Blue Bloods Fans help me out? Thanks.
  • Linda's departure is wrong

I have watched this fab series since episode 1, Linda was an important part of the Blue Blood family, why oh why did they kill her off, its ridiculous & the way it was done was really shabby, Danny's character needed her to boost him up as he has a face like a slapped backside most of the time ! Can Danny lose a case every now & then, its all getting a little predictable x Frank is always as miserable as sin, give the man a date!, the Major one line per show is "you serve at my discretion!" sick of hearing it x I suggest the writers go back & watch the first & second series & re kindle that anticipation & good story lines.
  • Newbie

I never watched this show - never was one for police dramas, but I caught one rerun while I was home not feeling too well and got hooked. I have been binge watching several seasons on Ion. It's pretty much the perfect storm of a show. I really like the format and the fact that they model such integrity and upright behavior and that they go to church and have Sunday dinner as a family every episode and that Frank is taking care of his dad. Kids should watch this show to see how families are supposed to operate. The only negative comment is that Tom Selleck looks down way too often most of the time. And he should lighten up his character just a little.
  • Noticeably

4.5
    What happened to last night's show? (3/9/18) The acting, script, and lines were stilted. Erin and her detective could not make it work. The lines were not natural and seemed forced. Very awkward. Danny's murder investigation was so predictable and took too long to solve. Frank's solution to filling a position was confusing at best. Family dinner banter was ok but also seemed forced and too rapid.
  • True Blue

I'm a true blue fan of Blue Bloods. I've been watching since the first episode when Jamie graduated from the Academy. But I have to ask what the writers are thinking? In the March 2, 2018 Legacy episode, it was insinuated that Danny was broke because he has gone from a two income to a one income family. Forgive me but Linda was killed on the job in a helicopter crash and seeing that she was a highly intelligent woman I know she had life insurance. My childhood friend was killed on the job and her family was offered a hefty settlement before they filed a law suit. The hospital did not want the bad publicity so they settled swiftly. In addition, the boys qualify for social security seeing that they are still in school. Furthermore, how many times is Danny going to contemplate quitting? It's getting old. Please get some new writers.
  • Frank Reagan Should Resign

I'm seriously disappointed in the direction the writers are taking the plots. This most recent episode clearly illustrates that Frank Reagan should resign. It appeared he was getting ready to resign in previous episodes. Instead, the writers are changing his character into a milquetoast that suddenly needs to be politically correct. Firing the rookie cop for doing her job was something he should never had done. Oh wait, he didn't fire her, he had her CO do it so it seemed like a "local" decision. Really!?! What a coward! Gone are the days that he would have stood by his people. And gone are the days that I considered Blue Bloods to be one of the better TV shows.
  • Disappointed ...

The first show back after the Olympics took a left hand turn, and it looks like the next episode is going to continue that trend. Most every show on TV has leaned to the left and Blue Bloods was one of the very few that hadn't taken that turn yet. Now it looks like they have. If this trend continues, I will no longer watch what has been my favorite TV show for the last eight years. Very sad about this.
  • Love the Show still today

As a Retired police office in fl. I can't wait every day until it comes on love them all ,i just wish Linda ( amy ) was not come back on the show sad , but i think he show can still go further maybe 10 years thanks to your writers and producers
  • Danny Reagan Sucks

I know the writers, and director control the way the show goes, but any NYPD Cop who has done what Danny Reagan has done over the years would have been unemployed a long time ago even if daddy is the PC. The show expects viewers to lack a functioning brain, and no common sense. Ridiculous that nowhere else in the 5 Burroughs of NYC is there any other detective that can solve a major case. If you know even a little bit about law enforcement you know this show went of the rails years ago, and has turned into a sad joke.
  • Too Much Drama!

3.5
    I've been watching Blue Bloods since it first came out, but I'm really disappointed in the way it has evolved.

There is now WAAAY to much DRAMA!!! (see what I did there?) Family members and co-workers are always yelling at each other, displaying too much impatience, anger, etc. than most people would/should in real life. I'm about ready to give up on this show.
  • Get to the hidden strong characters

Abigail and Eddie are wasted characters that have the strength and edge it takes to mix it up respectfully with such a strong family! Bring them on, get the romance realistic and up a notch between Jamie and Eddie. Have Jamie handle dilemmas creatively like his father, Frank, does - relationship wise and otherwise. Dial back Nicky - a 21 year old self absorbed character who takes up too much air time finding her voice. Danny Reagan character dead on every time ! Need to show greater respect collaboration between brothers.
  • Blue Bloods Has Gone Left Wing! And, where did the Italians go?

My family and I used to love Blue Bloods. However, the show has progressively gone left or "politically correct," as evidenced by the very pro-illegal alien episodes, Whoopi Goldberg's character, no longer saying grace during Sunday dinner, and the lack of respect for traditional American values. In addition, the show has become very poorly written, the Jenko character is abysmal, and storyline soooo predicated and predictable. No more Blue Bloods for this family.

Where are the Italian and Jewish cops, apparently, the spics took over the city and show. Thus, I no longer see the real cops in NYC, represented in the show. I know it sounds "racist" yet the truth is the truth. That is, America is losing it's cultural heritage, and is becoming a third world country.
  • Still a fan.

I still love Blue Bloods but the loss of Linda has really had a major impact on the show. I realize that Amy Carlson wanted to leave but I wish they would have addressed it better. The first 3 or 4 episodes of season 8 seemed like they had new writers who knew anything about the show and of the chemistry between the actors and characters. The last 3 episodes seem like the regular writers are back. From the beginning of season 8 the relationship between Eddie and Jaime seem to have the only natural flow. I really, really hope that they finally get Jamie and Eddie together and Eddie gets a PERMANENT SPOT at the Sunday night dinner table. Please writers and producers finally listen to the fans and get Jamie and Eddie together PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Thank you . My rating of the show will go up to 10.0 when Jaime and Eddie get together and stay together.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8