Blue Bloods

Friday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2010 Between Seasons

TesserT

Blue Bloods Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• Janko

Get rid of Janko. Her character whines badly & acts line a hussy (to put it nicely). Jamie is better off with hus partner at work either being a guy or a much stronger woman character. Janko's character acts too immature. Please get him a stronger partner, & don't ruin the show by having Jaimie & Janko end up being more than intimate. I'm not the only one that feels that way. Lits of the people i know who watch BB agree. If Janko stays & becomes more than Jamie's friend, i may have to stop watching. It will ruin the show for me.
  • EGO's galore and an AMEN too.

Wahlberg and Trump is the same room. Never happen. There is no room on earth that could hold both of these egotistical J A's in the same room. I can not stand him. Amen Ruth, these people have no idea about the beliefs of the Catholic Church.
  • Blue Bloods Misrepresents Catholicism

The writers appear to not know anything about the Catholic Church or else they want to make Catholics look bad. What they portray is a family of hypocrites. None of them seem to care that sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin. Erin, the high powered attorney wears clothes with plunging necklines and when she wears a dress with a neckline down to her waist even her father says nothing. Danny talks of purposely limiting his family to two children. Never do any of them quote anything from the Bible or mention Jesus or Mary. And where are their crucifixes and statues?

There must not have been a Catholic to advise the writers about Catholic traditions, because this supposedly traditional Catholic family continually acts Protestant. The traditional way for Catholics to say grace is they all pray together in unison. They don't assign one person to say the prayer. In one episode, Nicky is portrayed on her way out of the church as saying how good the "service" was. Catholics don't talk like that. Catholic Mass is not called a "service".

There are so many examples showing that the Reagans know nothing about their supposedly strong Catholic faith. I've always liked Tom Selleck and Len Cariou, but I'm tired of waiting for the Reagans to act Catholic and repent of their sins. I wish the writers would not have brought religion into the show at all rather than to misrepresent the Catholic Church. People misunderstand the Church enough already without this. Anyone reading this who is interested in getting to know the truth about Catholic belief can go to or any of countless websites that portray the truth.

I also think it was a serious mistake to get rid of Danny's true partner, Jackie. She was so good and in every show i wish that she were still in it.

• Give us some flashbacks!!

Surely I can't be the only one who wants to see what the family was like when Mary and Joe were still alive or Erin and Jack were still married. I would love to see some of the history of the show and I would particularly like to see Joe before he was killed and how he got into the situation he did.

I adore this show and everytime something bad goes on in NY, I keep looking for Frank Reagan to take charge. :)
  • BEST COP SHOW IN A LONG, LONG TIME!!!!!

BLUEBLOODS is the BEST show on cable TV at present, not including PBS programs. I started watching it several seasons ago. Tom Selleck deserves Emmy consideration, as he portrays his position as the commissioner very well. He looks at all angles, and I disagree that the plots are easy to figure out. I think he is very respectful of the cops under him, and tries to be fair with all. I think he has real feelings for the people he deals with, but realizes that he still needs to maintain his position and follow his head as well as his heart. Great job Tom, and all the others in the cast. I love the Catholic sideline, and the family knowing that the Church isn't perfect, and makes mistakes, which is noted at times on the show. I hope they don't cancel this show, but of course like any other long running program, story lines run out, and hopefully the quality of each episode stays up to par. It's just a great show; I have no complaints at all !!!!!!!
  • blue bloods

I just started watching Ble Bloodsthanks to my m and I am hooked, I love the stories, writing, action, Donny Walbuger plays his role so believeable it's crazy, I love the whole cast, the praying at the dinner table all of it. Now we have netflix and we are watching a marathon
  • my favorite

Blue Blood is my favorite show. It is a great family show. I love the ENTIRE cast, but Danny is my favorite. A faithful and loving husband,an excellent father,son,brother and detective. He is protective of and stands up for his family and his partner. And I heard that he is a musician/singer in addition to being an actor. Will there any new episodes made. I want to see more.
  • Best TV show on these days!

This is the best TV show on because you always feel good after each episode. There should be more show like this on TV. It has strong family values, no bad language, just good clean entertainment. CBS has hit a home run with is show and should leave it in their schedule for years.
  • Great family show

always feel good after I see a Blue Bloods show, good feeling show
  • LOVE This Show

This is one of my favourite shows on TV at the moment. I hang out all week for it.
  • My favorite Gal

Jennifer Esposito was great in this show. What happened to her? She played that part to the "T". The gal that plays Niki (Simi Gayle) is the worse. Take her off. Otherwise, this is the greatest show ever!
  • Could quite possibly be the best series currently on TV!

There are only three shows that I regularly watch and Blue Bloods sits at the very top of that short list. It is well written and directed. The acting is superb across the board. Tom Selleck is his normal flawless self but the fact that every other regular cast member is great doesn't hurt either. The combination of actors, writers, producers, and directors on this series simply cannot be improved upon. I think I'd hold-off dying an hour just so I could watch one more episode of Blue Bloods.
  • Praise the Lord and pass the potatoes!

Love this show! Never miss it. BUT, I am bothered at meal time! Although they say "Grace before Meals" on a regular basis, like all good Catholic families should, they are not saying it correctly.

It should be:

"Bless us Oh Lord, AND these thy gifts which we are about to

They say:

"Bless us Oh Lord, FOR these thy gifts which we are about to

Please correct this annoying error.
  • Tom Selleck

Never really cared for Ton Selleckbut he plays the shit out of Blue Bloods.
  • Great Cop Show

Wow, I've watched this show from the beginning, but I confused a little last week I saw a show maybe 99th Episode didn't Sgt. Gormley make Lieutenant. I'm sure of it, so why do they still refer to him as Sgt. Gormley? Someone needs to notify the writers
  • Too unbelievable and poor continuity

I have watched Blue Bloods from the start but often ask myself why. The plots are predictable and no one else in NY seems able to solve any crimes plus the constant plot developing coincidences leave me screaming at the telly some times.

Tonight episode is a classic example, only Danny in a population the size of NY could find himself in a bank just as it gets robbed and lay on the floor repeatedly fumbling for his gun without the robbers seeing him. Then instead of being treated as a witness and providing statements or even being given some time off to get over the trauma he immediately starts working the case. The bit where they found a cigarette but and his sister fast tracked the dna test and he went to the house of the suspect on their own baring in mind this is a suspected armed robber, spoke to him without any caution and didn't even arrest him was a total joke.

The final insult was the fact that the crew was all given lighter sentences because it was for a good cause. And lastly the episode before Fridays show Frank promoting the Sergeant that he brought in to advise him to lieutenant but all through this episode they kept calling him Sergeant still.

It's getting very silly.
  • The "perfect family"

Great Show ... but I have a few issues .

First off , how do the ages of the Reagans add up? The Great Grandfather looks to be roughly the same age as the Police Commissioner.

2. If Danny is such a tough guy why are his two boys so soft , and annoying?

3. Where is the black sheep of the family ? There is no family in the world without some misguided soul. I'm not talking about Danny bending the rules while he clears 100 percent of his cases , I'm talking about a jobless drug dealing brother , or some punk emo kid who hates the family dinners and would rather smoke dope and get drunk.

- Other than that I really like the show

• Bring Back Jackie!

Danny has never had a partner like Jack. I miss her character so much. There was real chemisty between the two actors.
  • Blue Bloods

Love this show... I consider it one of the best I have ever watched!
  • Danny is Overacting

2.5
    Danny is overacting a lot. IDK, if he thinks that is cool but it is annoying as hell!!
  • There have been better NYC police shows

Blue Bloods is not very credible. Tom Selleck has a constant scowl on his face, does not seem to be happy in his job, and he swills scotch by the gallon. Not a gray hair on his head or stache (Just for Men, black shoe polish???). I always liked him in earlier TV series, and in movies.

Donny Wahlberg's character does things as a detective (threatening to kill or shoot suspects, physical brutality, rudeness) which would put him in jail, get killed, or cause a lawsuit against the department. His dad (Selleck) warns him over and over that he will not always get away with what he does, but Danny is an inconsiderate dolt. It is humorous that he and his wife have New York accents, but no one else in their family does.

Sunday dinner is a good touch, and the scenes of New York are pretty cool. The arrogance that the Reagan family has in solving every crime in NYC is not believable, especially when Danny pushes his sister to take shortcuts. Erin is touted as being tough, but looks like she is about to break down crying any moment. For all of the religious praise for this program, the characters drink constantly, and Danny does not set a good example as a human being. I can appreciate that people in law enforcement need support and faith, due to what they deal with on a daily basis.

Law and Order was/is definitely more credible, and NYPD Blue was gritty and realistic, without the nepotism..
  • Best shows ever this year

Your writers are amazing and so current with what is going on in the country. I love the moral family core of all of the decisions as well.
  • still the best

for Fri night. I have always liked Selleck and this show gives me nothing to dislike him for. The show is perfectly cast. I hope it continues for many more seasons.
  • love it

One of my favorite shows out there. Many of the reviews here take issue with the faith on the show, but to me its about family. Growing up I sat down to dinner every night of the week with immediate family and regularly with extended family, sometimes it was great and sometimes it was tense. But for better or worse it was is a show about people who are trying to be better and it inspires me to try to be a better person even when it's hard.
  • Astonishing!

Great story line it has great actors, plots and writing.

I lobe the fact the shows creator(s) aren't afraid to mention hard topics like religon. Our culture is losing our faith & I absolutely love that the show involves faith and the family dinners are great it's an amazing show. One of my favorites! Keep it up!
  • Blue bloods

I hope the show will continue. I don't want it to be a realistic show. The news is always showing that ,most bad guys get away with crimes. I want pretend where the good guys always win and act with integrity. Tom Selleck could be bald or all grey hair he's likeable and all the actors play a great part. Just give me a show to watch that don't have to be politically correct and I can forget all the crap I see or hear in one day. Just enjoy.
  • Reanan family dinner

please bring the prayer back to the dinner table
  • Nicky

I was hoping she would go across the country for college! What a false can't afford to send Nicky to an expensive college. Solution: Pick a less expensive school! Did the show really imply that Columbia might not be good enough? If she goes to school in NYC, why can't she live at home? And how come this wonder kid is not flooded with scholarship offers?

• Bad Blue BloodsEvery

Don't know what happened to Blue Bloods this the writer's are new, or they were told to "take it up a notch" but whatever happened, it was to its demise. This was a good show. A little different from the other cop/CSI shows. I am not a Catholic or a conservative, although my roots were that, so maybe that was the appeal, but it was real and it portrayed a decent family who show respect and love for each other. Now, this season, most of the dialogue is rude and combative and totally out of character. The plots are staged and stereotypical, but hardly believable. I will miss The Reagan's, as the actors in these roles had a good chemistry. The writing has gotten so bad, the show is unwatchable. Major error.
  • The Murder of Blue Bloods

PandaProductions,Inc.

1925CenturyParkE

Los Angeles, CA 90067

Re: The Murder of Blue Bloods

Folks:

My wife and I are ardent fans of Blue Bloods to the extent that we have not missed a single episode. We have marveled at the show's fidelity to conservative and Catholic values in a Hollywood that has a virulent bias against both.

Unfortunately, in the October 10 episode, Hollywood successfully attacked those values. The script had Frank Reagan saying something to the effect that the Catholic Church was behind the times in not recognizing homosexuality and changes had to be made, particularly in light of the recent clergy sex-abuse scandals.

That speech was wrong on many levels.

The scandals were not recent; the majority of awful occurrences happened decades ago in the 60s and the 70s.

A devout Catholic family, as the Reagans are portrayed, would know that the Catholic Church preaches "respect, compassion, and sensitivity" to people with homosexual attractions. The Church forbids homosexual acts, not homosexuality, a distinction the Commissioner should have made in his response to the press conference question. [Not content with that, the script also makes a Cardinal unaware of the distinction and, for good measure, depicts the Cardinal as arrogant, hypocritical, duplicitous and vengeful a Hollywood grand

And it became more absurd. Frank Reagan's script urges that the alleged change in the Church position should be made because of the sex-abuse scandals. That makes no sense at all. The only significant change the Church could make would be to lift the prohibition of homosexual acts. But the sex-abuse scandals were in fact mostly homosexual acts. An investigation produced a report, the John Jay study, which revealed:

"four out of five (80%) alleged victims were male," and "the majority of alleged victims were post-pubescent (87.4%), with only a small percentage of priests receiving allegations of abusing young

In 2004, the National Review Board stated that while the sex abuse crisis had no single cause, "an understanding of the crisis is not possible" without reference to "the presence of homosexually oriented The board cited the data: "eighty percent of the abuse at issue was of a homosexual

In an August 25, 2006, National Catholic Register editorial, Dr. Paul McHugh, a former psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital and a member of the National Review Board, observed that the John Jay study had revealed a crisis of "homosexual predation on American Catholic

In other words, the scandals were compelling reasons not to change the prohibition on homosexual acts.

In sum, Hollywood successfully inserted its biased propaganda to destroy the essence of Blue Bloods, its Catholic values. In crime parlance, it was murder.

I pray for a miracle: that somehow the writers will be able to undo the crime and resurrect the series' integrity.

Thank you.