Blue Bloods

Friday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2010 In Season

TesserT

Blue Bloods Fan Reviews (102)

• Bad Blue BloodsEvery

Don't know what happened to Blue Bloods this the writer's are new, or they were told to "take it up a notch" but whatever happened, it was to its demise. This was a good show. A little different from the other cop/CSI shows. I am not a Catholic or a conservative, although my roots were that, so maybe that was the appeal, but it was real and it portrayed a decent family who show respect and love for each other. Now, this season, most of the dialogue is rude and combative and totally out of character. The plots are staged and stereotypical, but hardly believable. I will miss The Reagan's, as the actors in these roles had a good chemistry. The writing has gotten so bad, the show is unwatchable. Major error.
  • The Murder of Blue Bloods

PandaProductions,Inc.

1925CenturyParkE

Los Angeles, CA 90067

Re: The Murder of Blue Bloods

Folks:

My wife and I are ardent fans of Blue Bloods to the extent that we have not missed a single episode. We have marveled at the show's fidelity to conservative and Catholic values in a Hollywood that has a virulent bias against both.

Unfortunately, in the October 10 episode, Hollywood successfully attacked those values. The script had Frank Reagan saying something to the effect that the Catholic Church was behind the times in not recognizing homosexuality and changes had to be made, particularly in light of the recent clergy sex-abuse scandals.

That speech was wrong on many levels.

The scandals were not recent; the majority of awful occurrences happened decades ago in the 60s and the 70s.

A devout Catholic family, as the Reagans are portrayed, would know that the Catholic Church preaches "respect, compassion, and sensitivity" to people with homosexual attractions. The Church forbids homosexual acts, not homosexuality, a distinction the Commissioner should have made in his response to the press conference question. [Not content with that, the script also makes a Cardinal unaware of the distinction and, for good measure, depicts the Cardinal as arrogant, hypocritical, duplicitous and vengeful a Hollywood grand

And it became more absurd. Frank Reagan's script urges that the alleged change in the Church position should be made because of the sex-abuse scandals. That makes no sense at all. The only significant change the Church could make would be to lift the prohibition of homosexual acts. But the sex-abuse scandals were in fact mostly homosexual acts. An investigation produced a report, the John Jay study, which revealed:

"four out of five (80%) alleged victims were male," and "the majority of alleged victims were post-pubescent (87.4%), with only a small percentage of priests receiving allegations of abusing young

In 2004, the National Review Board stated that while the sex abuse crisis had no single cause, "an understanding of the crisis is not possible" without reference to "the presence of homosexually oriented The board cited the data: "eighty percent of the abuse at issue was of a homosexual

In an August 25, 2006, National Catholic Register editorial, Dr. Paul McHugh, a former psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital and a member of the National Review Board, observed that the John Jay study had revealed a crisis of "homosexual predation on American Catholic

In other words, the scandals were compelling reasons not to change the prohibition on homosexual acts.

In sum, Hollywood successfully inserted its biased propaganda to destroy the essence of Blue Bloods, its Catholic values. In crime parlance, it was murder.

I pray for a miracle: that somehow the writers will be able to undo the crime and resurrect the series' integrity.

Thank you.

Richard M. Coleman

• You lost me

I had all the Catholicism cramped down my throat I can stand, I am not watching this show anymore. There is so much wrong with this show I can't believe that I have watched it for this long, but last week's episode soiled me on ever watching it again. So what is wrong with it? Frank kissing the ring of the Cardinal dude was worse than kissing your sister when you were young. Is Danny really the only person in the entire NYC police department that is solving every crime that great city has? The real actor for Grandpa is only 6 years older than Tom Selleck is for Frank, it doesn't work, they look too close in age. Even though the father Frank is almost 70, he still does not have a single gray hair? Tom Selleck's glasses are too small for his face and are so 90's. Does Frank really wear his rain coat everywhere he goes, even in July? Family dinner together every single Sunday, with everyone sitting in the same place, giving the same prayer and no one ever misses? Really? Get real. The show would be so much more interesting if one of the characters were to disagree with their faith and the Sunday mandatory dinners, say someone like Jamie. Give us some variety. What if Jamie were to live with his girlfriend openly and give no apologies to the family or the Catholic church and not feel one iota bad about it and he was still a nice person that did good things for people? What if Nicky were gay? How would this staunchly religious family handle that? Hmmm, that might resemble more of the American family than this show's version of one. This show has become so preachy every week that I am bailing out of it. This show should be on the Hallmark channel where all the other sugary versions of family life exist.
  • Blue Bloods Blunder

Blue Bloods is (was) one of my top favorite shows. However last night they made a huge blunder and are obviously supporting the pro gay agenda pushed by media and actor community. The Catholic Church can't change God's Law. The Pope will not change the position to love all people even those in sin (pretty much all of us) but hate the sin. This supposedly catholic family needs to go back to class they are in grave error. And if the show continues down this path they lose me and anyone I will talk with as viewers. What a shame to sell out like this.
  • Blue Bloods Miss Maria

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria? That song rings in my ears as I consider how to respond to Tom Sellick's comment that the church is behind on the issue of homosexuality! BB used to be the highlight of Friday night TV for this tea totaling family despite it emphasis on alcohol. The program usually venerates the church and family with subtle yet powerful images. Even to Southern conservative Baptists this was a welcome relief from most stereotypical programs which laud extramarital sex and demean traditional moral values. How Do You Solve A Problem Like the Church's Prohibition against wrong? You copy the behavior of Hollywood in the 1930s. You slash, edit and create films to prevent offending the prevailing powerful political lobbies, and you write scripts and dialogue that call into question the righteousness of The Church and it's Holy Book! This first BB film of the 2014 season was a culmination of a creeping political correctness that began to seep into the show last year. It's was a far cry from the purity, the epitome of goodness, and the quality of moral absolutes presented in The Sound of Music. We are sorely disappointed with the direction your show has taken!
  • Show This Week Was Totally Disappointing

As others have said here the show was totally disappointing. It was beginning to be one of my favorites. NO MORE! I also liked the family and the fact the show was not afraid to blend in Catholicism. But for Tom Sellick to make the comment that the church should be more up to date on homosexuals is totally untrue. The life style may be wrong but NOT the person.
  • Regretted watching this!

October 10th's Blue Blood show bombed in our house! In the past, we always looked forward to

watching Blue Bloods even though the last few shows did not seen to be up to par with previous episodes. However, last night's insulting episode involving the Catholic Church's teachings both in the comments by Tom Selleck and then the hard to believe comment made by the nun at the end of the show made me realize I don't really want to watch it anymore. In the past, after a Blue Blood show ended, someone in the house would usually remark "that was a good one". Couldn't say that for this one, I regretted even watching it.

• Blue Bloods episodea great disappointment

What a disappointment and game changer for the viewers!

Our family has been fans of the CBS show Blue Bloods for several years, chiefly because of the strong family values and somewhat conservative traditional values portrayed, as well as Tom Selleck and the quality acting of the cast.

Last night's episode was a terrible betrayal of those who have watched the series because of these strengths. It is disgraceful enough to attack the Catholic church for its strong moral position that homosexuality is a Biblical sinwhich it has been for a few thousand years in fact. But to have Mr. Selleck be the one to undermine the legitimacy of that position in his own church was against everything we were led to believe this character stands for. By not supporting the legitimate choice of the Catholic church to not sanction gays and their lifestyle, and to 'lead the charge' of this view in his dialogue in the episode, and then to throw in a gay nun to boot is just too much.

We will not be watching BlueBloods any longer and will advise all our friends to take the same steps. We are tired of Hollywood and the Courts condemning those who have a moral and religious right to not support homosexuality.

It is a sad day when the Blue Bloods scriptwriters decided to change from a strong anti-crime police show to become yet another politically correct arm of the liberals, and support scripts that promote strongly the socialist agenda in this country.

Disappointed ex-fans

• Typecasting Jewish brokers

In last nights episode the cardinal suggested sending the school proposal to his Jewish brokers to decide if the school is viable. Please... In this day and age, give me a break! Can't the writers be more original!
  • Tom Selleck's new persona is fake and phony

I enjoyed Tom in many things he did, especially magnum pi, but this new charlton heston wannabee persona, he is not selling. I enjoyed that he was both an incredibly sexy man and an twerp in magnum, now he has deepened his voice, and tries to sound like an ole cowboy, Tom you're so phony.
  • A drunk priest gets a pass - really????

Was anyone else out there incensed as I was with Season 4 Episode 5, Lost and Found? A priest is picked up for his FOURTH DUI!!! And because he's a priest, and the Commish is Catholic, all he gets is a gentle talk about finding his faith, showing up at the precinct so he could be release ROR. Really????? His FOURTH DUI, and they're gonna put him back on the streets??? I don't care how much or why anybody drinks, but dammit, you STAY OFF THE ROADS. The Commish never said a word about the crime he committed, how he put innocent lives at risk. Disgusting!!!
  • Poppycock: The Latest Show

I'm beginning to regard Blue Bloods, the CBS Cop show, with great contempt. It has been way too supportive of NYPD's unconstitutional Stop and Frisk in some of its story lines lately. In the latest, the story was about a newly appointed inspector general and a reference was made that a federal "activist" judge was responsible for the IG. It's almost as if the producers, directors and writers have been meeting Police Commissioner Kelly over drinks for help with their story lines.

Crypto fascist poppycock, if you as me.
  • REFUSE to watch

Based on the 'trailers' for the programme...

I will never watch such a ***phobic programme!

Asking the youngest son at sunday dinner on the promo - where is your 'GIRL'

HOW Demeaning in 2013!

This is the 21st Century and just the name alone reminds me far too much of the socio-political attitudes of 1980's Regan/Thatcher.

Ding dong they are both dead - move on, the world has!
  • Shame.

I can't believe how racist the last episode was (s03e15 - Warriors). Do they even do a little research before writing these episodes? Almost everything that's said about Turkey was wrong and prejudiced. If writers, directors, producers aren't concerned about what they are presenting in TV why do people bother understanding each other? With this attitude nothing's going to change in this world. It's a shame.
  • Danny is bringing this program down!

Danny represents everything that is bad about cops. He is brutal, disregards the rules, is the rudest character ever. In this past episode, he was so rude to the Hasidic Jewish characters. My grandfather and brother are cops and Danny's character as a cop is awful. He doesn't fit into his family either. I am going to quit watching, as much as I enjoy the rest of the characters. He needs a personality and value lift or perhaps you could just get rid of him.
  • poor programing

What happened 12/14??? you take off the last show to run reruns of what we had been watching all day. My heart goes out the victims families I can't think of anyhing worse but after 8 hrs we needed a break. You could have at least ran it last night. .0
  • Blue Bloods - Jackie's Replacement

Jackie's replacement is NOT VERY GOOD in the role as a NY detective. In fact, she's TERRIBLE. Either bring back Jackie or find another replacement that can carry the role in a more believable way. I don't know who selected this new person but it must have been a friend or a boyfriend because she's wrong for the part.
  • turned off -- kendra joy bethune age 35 nkotb fan

1.5
    i watched 1 epidsose and saw donnie walhbergh play a police it turned me off for a while my mother brought me another Marliyn monroe journal so i start listing to the classic nkotb song my favorite girl and cover girl
  • I WANT JACKIE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

1.5
    I WANT JACKIE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
  • Disappointed in the direction of show

My husband and I have been watching Blue Bloods since the shows inception and noticed that season 4 writing is substantially different from the previous shows. The family no longer prays together; there is very little, if any, mention of their faith; the mother, Erin, gives worldly and secular advice to her daughter about pre-marital sex; the main character, Frank Reagan, is having sex out of marriage; also, his character is acting much differently than before. After checking out the writers for the first 3 seasons, we noticed that there are two new writers this season. It's obvious that they are taking the characters of the show in a completely different direction from what was first intended. One of the main appeals of this show is that they lived their faith openly and even though the writers dealt with hard subjects, the family was always grounded in their faith in God. I'm just about ready to give up on this show. I'm not interested in watching another secular dramatization.
  • I hate this show

It is the most stupidest show ever. I hope it gets cancelled I tried to like it but I just don't. It's boring. I'd rather watch magic City on starz and some of my other favorite prime time shows like Arrow, Grey's anatomy, teen wolf, I'm 22 btw. And I don't really like Tom selleck I think he's weird looking. And Danny on the show is too angry and I don't like it. I like Donnie wahlberg though but I cant stand cops in real life, they act so much like Danny.
  • A clever title goes here!

I love the show but Danny's new partner is awful. You need to make amends with his old partner actress. What a terrible choice - the woman can't even act.
  • This show is a waste of time. Its shallow, obvious, color by numbers police drama. There is absolutely nothing to think about as you watch except for wonder why the suspects are talking to an abusive cop rather then end the interview, or get a lawyer.

Its so unrealistic it almost makes you yell at the tv set. No one bothers to get a lawyer. No one seems interested in filing police brutality charges against Danny. I mean come on. If cops acted like that, the city would be getting sued until they got fired simply from too many brutality suits. In the episode I saw a famous musician did not bother to get a lawyer even though he was hit in the head by the cop questioning him. Huh? It didn't even seem like a big deal to anyone. Just, you know, because he didn't have a crew cut obviously it was perfectly ok to hit him, and he knew it. Seriously? What are we back in the 1960's?

As opposed to real life, where we are inundated by police that fake evidence and kill their wives( remember the cop whose three wives went"missing"? After the first two wives were killed by this man, his buddies at the police force finally had to take the case seriously, and found the dismembered body of the third) this show seems to imply that cops are wonderful, sensitive family people. Instead its people who are musicians, models, computer programmers and fashion photographers that are dissolute, power hungry desperate individuals. HUH? I don't think Steve Jobs ever hit anyone. Neither has Cindy Crawford.

Then Danny is too far in the other direction! Cops also don't insult people, hit them, torture them, and call them names. Why would the city hire someone that made bad situations worse? And how is it that people even talk to him? If he were interrogating me, even if I wanted to help the police I would probably be so offended by his tone, that I would end the interview, and just say thats all; Arrest me, or leave me alone. How can you trust someone like him? Best to just say nothing to a guy like that. Especially as most people would know he was lying when he said that they could put you away. If they could do that, they wouldn't be talking. They would have everything they needed. Simple logic.

And there isn't even any mystery to solve, except the mishmash about the blue templars, I suppose. Usually we never have more then one suspect, and even if there was its simple. The most wealthy and well educated are always the ones who did it. Or if there is ever someone who works in the arts, then they did it. Everyone knows that poor, uneducated people are always innocent, they never do any crimes at all. The less people use their brain, the more innocent they are. If you ever meet an artistic, brilliant scientist from a prominent family that happens to be wealthy, caucasian, young and handsome you better run. You know they are evil. Isn't that reallistic?

• Danny is Overacting

2.5
    Danny is overacting a lot. IDK, if he thinks that is cool but it is annoying as hell!!
  • There have been better NYC police shows

Blue Bloods is not very credible. Tom Selleck has a constant scowl on his face, does not seem to be happy in his job, and he swills scotch by the gallon. Not a gray hair on his head or stache (Just for Men, black shoe polish???). I always liked him in earlier TV series, and in movies.

Donny Wahlberg's character does things as a detective (threatening to kill or shoot suspects, physical brutality, rudeness) which would put him in jail, get killed, or cause a lawsuit against the department. His dad (Selleck) warns him over and over that he will not always get away with what he does, but Danny is an inconsiderate dolt. It is humorous that he and his wife have New York accents, but no one else in their family does.

Sunday dinner is a good touch, and the scenes of New York are pretty cool. The arrogance that the Reagan family has in solving every crime in NYC is not believable, especially when Danny pushes his sister to take shortcuts. Erin is touted as being tough, but looks like she is about to break down crying any moment. For all of the religious praise for this program, the characters drink constantly, and Danny does not set a good example as a human being. I can appreciate that people in law enforcement need support and faith, due to what they deal with on a daily basis.

Law and Order was/is definitely more credible, and NYPD Blue was gritty and realistic, without the nepotism..
  • TOM, DITCH THE VEST, SMILE AND GET A GIRLFRIEND!

JESSE STONE WOULD BE EMBARASSED BY THE 'CIMISH' AND HIS LACK OF A 'BABE' IN HIS LIFE. AND THE SERIES COULD USE A LITTLE ROMANCE TO SPICE IT UP...
  • Get rid of Danny's new partner!!!

3.5
    She's biased, she assumes every perp is guilty, she hates men, she has no spark and no chemistry, her comments are immature and predictable. Even if you wrote better lines for her, she couldn't carry them! She looks ridiculous with those bangs and everything she says is blas. Really, such a successful show and you can't get Jennifer Espisito?? It's not like she's a top money making actress but she deserves whatever she's asking on this show because without her, your gonna lose it my rating without Jennifer is a 4, with her, it's an 8 or better!
  • Jackie!

3.5
    You people are an excellent definition of butt heads. Get this woman back on the show. Work it out. JACKIE is Danny's partner. You have cut her out of her salary and are preventing her from working anywhere else. You have marred this otherwise excellent show. I will not watch it again until she's back.
  • Jennifer Esposito MUST return

3.5
    Is this new partner a joke? Everything about her is wrong. She looks like a kindergarten teacher, He voice is grating like the announcers on public radio. We really do need to get jacki back ASAP.
  • Skewed

Last nights episode, please, could we try any harder at representing fringe Catholicism and misrepresenting the Church?? Sellick kissing the Cardinals ring, as if hearkening back to some archaic time when his eminence would have next sold our good officer an indulgence? And the nun who holds dear to her lesbian past, as if Sellick and this nun somehow represent mainstream catholics and religious-- all closeted anarchists to an outdated church, waiting patiently for the 'Vatican' to come around? The misrepresentation of moral teaching, confusing judgement of the sin versus judgement of the sinner, and the Insinuation that pope Francis is breaking new ground, 'moving the needle' as they said in the show, on this issue? Francis for all who are just now tuning in because popular media is covering it (and have likely not picked up a bible or catechism ever or since 1st grade communion prep) is representing the unchanged teachings of the church that say that while homosexual behavior is a sin, God reserves judgement on homosexuals for himself--that's not our job (either to judge or presume to know the judgement), and we are all called to love because regardless of our orientation, each of us has his own sins (and please don't confuse today's PC/'tolerance'/pizza version of love with how Jesus lived and spoke about love). And for the record, God reserves judgement on heterosexuals for himself as well-- we all have sin, we all get the same treatment. Goodness, what a propaganda/smear piece of media.
< 1 2 3 4