Blue Bloods

Friday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2010 In Season

Blue Bloods Fan Reviews (130)

• What Happened to the Show

I'm getting a little sick of the way College Liberal Arts students who belong to political groups as crazy and intolerant. The writing on this show has gone off the rails. It's so unbelievably obvious that there is a political agenda being run through this show. It's getting incrediby frustrating to watch this show, that only last season I was waiting every week for a new episode ....

It's not just the politics, but the portrayal of how police do work. In a MILLION years the things that Danny does wouldn't be allowed for even a single day
  • partners :(

I love this show, but have a hard time watching it lately! Both Danny's and Jamies Partners just don't work for me. Danny's partner with that pissy look all the time makes me want to slap her. And Jamie's partner is not believable at all! The show will suck if you have those two hook up.
  • Entertaining, but rediculously inaccurate

It's hard not to laugh when the detectives are interrogating a suspect. No detective would ever be so abrasive or confrontational, while trying to get a confession.

And a guy like Danny Reagan has no business carrying a gun. When are they going to write the episode where he flips out and beats a J walker to death? He constantly breaks the law, which is okay, because he's a cop?
  • The last minute for Garrett

Season 6, Episode 3 - There is not a much bigger Blue Bloods fan than I am. Watching every episode is a must for me. I love all the characters and yes, I do have my favorites. But Garrett is not one of them. In this episode I was hoping right up to the last minute that he was going to be gone. But no. I guess the tension between him and Frank is necessary to the drama but I've lost count of how many times I just grit my teeth when Garret is in the scene. than on Blue Bloods. I love ya!
  • Best show lately

I love this show not only for the Drama but for all the cast they are wonderful, but what I did not like the other day in one of the oficces there was a picture of a murderer Che Quevara, he is or was a horrible person that kill thousands of people in Cuba and I sure in other countries believe me he was a Terorist, trust me Iam a 71 year od Cuban I came with my parents in 1960 I knew Castros mother and she will say my son is crazy Batista had just release him from jail because a a big shot priest had had to do with the release. Fidel Castro and his brother are the same as murderes as Quevara, so please ask Tom Select to take away the picture of, I am Cuban and it wil gve me pleasure in seing that taken care of it,
  • Good Show but the bible thumping is too much

Too much emphasis on the Catholic church and the fact that the Reagan family holds high moral ground over everyone,

Time for me to pull the plug on the show,

• Is Blue Bloods Islamophobic?

The last segment of TV's "Blue Bloods" on 9-25-15 missed a chance to strike a blow against Islamophobia. A terrorist attack was thwarted by two good Muslims. Those two were not treated well in the episode (I know the police have to be a little rough on people reporting potential threats to make certain the "whistle-blowers" are genuine) and were not thanked at or near the end for being good people and for being pivotal in stopping the attack?? "Blue Bloods" missed a real opportunity here to acknowledge that the vast majority of Muslims hate terrorism as much as anybody else. And I'm saying this as a Jewish-American.

• It's good; could be better

I like blue bloods and I think it gives us an interesting perspective from all aspects of the law, which is nice. I like that they criticize race baiters, drug dealers, corrupt cops etc. However, I wish it was less PC. I understand looking at a broad spectrum, and I have no problem with gays, trans people or whatever. However, constantly putting these asshole new dicks against these weak small women so Danny can go punch them gets a bit old. I wish that there were woman perps. Not every woman is a victim and not every man is an asshole. So yeah, good show, starting to feel a bit stale but still good.
  • Janko

Get rid of Janko. Her character whines badly & acts line a hussy (to put it nicely). Jamie is better off with hus partner at work either being a guy or a much stronger woman character. Janko's character acts too immature. Please get him a stronger partner, & don't ruin the show by having Jaimie & Janko end up being more than intimate. I'm not the only one that feels that way. Lits of the people i know who watch BB agree. If Janko stays & becomes more than Jamie's friend, i may have to stop watching. It will ruin the show for me.
  • EGO's galore and an AMEN too.

Wahlberg and Trump is the same room. Never happen. There is no room on earth that could hold both of these egotistical J A's in the same room. I can not stand him. Amen Ruth, these people have no idea about the beliefs of the Catholic Church.
  • Blue Bloods Misrepresents Catholicism

The writers appear to not know anything about the Catholic Church or else they want to make Catholics look bad. What they portray is a family of hypocrites. None of them seem to care that sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin. Erin, the high powered attorney wears clothes with plunging necklines and when she wears a dress with a neckline down to her waist even her father says nothing. Danny talks of purposely limiting his family to two children. Never do any of them quote anything from the Bible or mention Jesus or Mary. And where are their crucifixes and statues?

There must not have been a Catholic to advise the writers about Catholic traditions, because this supposedly traditional Catholic family continually acts Protestant. The traditional way for Catholics to say grace is they all pray together in unison. They don't assign one person to say the prayer. In one episode, Nicky is portrayed on her way out of the church as saying how good the "service" was. Catholics don't talk like that. Catholic Mass is not called a "service".

There are so many examples showing that the Reagans know nothing about their supposedly strong Catholic faith. I've always liked Tom Selleck and Len Cariou, but I'm tired of waiting for the Reagans to act Catholic and repent of their sins. I wish the writers would not have brought religion into the show at all rather than to misrepresent the Catholic Church. People misunderstand the Church enough already without this. Anyone reading this who is interested in getting to know the truth about Catholic belief can go to or any of countless websites that portray the truth.

I also think it was a serious mistake to get rid of Danny's true partner, Jackie. She was so good and in every show i wish that she were still in it.

• EPISODE: Reviews Continue

REVIEW FOR 5/29/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Loose Lips (Rerun from 10/24/2014). As usual, this episode has several distinct events. But, the key one involves Jammie and a young lady he tried to help in a park. She was in bad shape and scared of someone. The young lady later turns up dead. This is where Danny and his partner Baez get in the mix. Jamie and his partner, Jenko, are ambushed and another cop car goes up in flames. On a lighter side, Erin learns that her perfect daughter has been trashing one of her school teachers on the web. When Erin confronts her, she removes the tweet, but the teacher makes an example of her anyway. Added to this is Henry off the cuff comments at a function that was recorded and posted on the web. Caught up in all this mess is Frank. No matter which way he goes, it will be wrong. A footnote to this episode. Does anyone ever remember Nicky being punished for any transgressions or is she the perfect teen ager. REVIEW FOR 5/22/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Burning Bridges (Rerun from 10/10/2014). Danny and Biaz response to a severe attack. A good samaritan is a witness, be doesn't want to be recognized. Danny finds out he is a cop hanging out in a gay bar district. The shunning starts. In the end, his partner supports him and the bad guy his the slammer. Jimmy's partner get tossed around during an arrest and he steps in. She was not happy with Jimmy. In the end, all is cool. Jimmy understands her side and knows she will have his back. Frank has 2 dilemmas. One is a nun wants his help to keep her school open. The second one is a comment he made during a press conference. The comment involves the church and law enforcement. Frank stands firm. One BAD scene was when the smug church bishop visits Frank, insisting he retract his statement. He holds out his ring and with a smirk on his face, visually demands Frank kiss it. THIS SCENE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THE EPISODE. REVIEW FOR 5/1/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: The Art of War. This episode was part 2 or 2. The last episode ended with shots fired in the hospital. Tonight, we found out that Linda got caught in the cross fire and was severely wounded. Of course, Danny went ballistic at the news. Now the really want to catch the shooter and the gang boss that order the shootings. But, the one person standing in the Danny way is Erin, making sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. Not the Danny way. He does catch to shooter, but he won't talk, fearing for his mother's life. Finally, with a little make up on his mother, he is persuaded to give up the boss who ordered the hits. The final scene was outstanding. When Frank visited the boss in jail and talked about the murders, and advised his that the NYPD Chief's murder that started all this, was going to lead the boss to a federal trial and the chamber. That really took the smirk off his face. REVIEW FOR 4/24/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: New Rules. An old friend and also a NYPD Chief visits Frank. Later that night, he and his wife are gunned down. This man was one of the good guys and Frank wants everything done by the book to ensure no slip ups. Danny gets caught in the middle when Erin is posted in his squad room to make sure all the rules are followed. Danny really loves that. Another man who may know about the murder is in the hospital with Linda being one of her nurses. A young man, a friend of the family, get caught up in the gang pressure and tries to kill the hospitalized man. This show end with shot being fired. Part 1 of 2 parts. REVIEW FOR 4/17/2015 EPISODE: EPISODE: Excessive Force. This was a rerun of the episode that aired on 10/17/2014. The only thing I can say about this episode was Mister Evil; Potter was on his hate rampage again. And the actor really fits the part. All his images spur hatred. In the real world, he would be one of the forces that the world should be fighting. One key downer in the episode was the movement of Danny's boss, Sgt. Gormley. That left a big hole in the squad that hasn't been filled properly to this day.
  • Give us some flashbacks!!

Surely I can't be the only one who wants to see what the family was like when Mary and Joe were still alive or Erin and Jack were still married. I would love to see some of the history of the show and I would particularly like to see Joe before he was killed and how he got into the situation he did.

I adore this show and everytime something bad goes on in NY, I keep looking for Frank Reagan to take charge. :)

BLUEBLOODS is the BEST show on cable TV at present, not including PBS programs. I started watching it several seasons ago. Tom Selleck deserves Emmy consideration, as he portrays his position as the commissioner very well. He looks at all angles, and I disagree that the plots are easy to figure out. I think he is very respectful of the cops under him, and tries to be fair with all. I think he has real feelings for the people he deals with, but realizes that he still needs to maintain his position and follow his head as well as his heart. Great job Tom, and all the others in the cast. I love the Catholic sideline, and the family knowing that the Church isn't perfect, and makes mistakes, which is noted at times on the show. I hope they don't cancel this show, but of course like any other long running program, story lines run out, and hopefully the quality of each episode stays up to par. It's just a great show; I have no complaints at all !!!!!!!
  • blue bloods

I just started watching Ble Bloodsthanks to my m and I am hooked, I love the stories, writing, action, Donny Walbuger plays his role so believeable it's crazy, I love the whole cast, the praying at the dinner table all of it. Now we have netflix and we are watching a marathon
  • my favorite

Blue Blood is my favorite show. It is a great family show. I love the ENTIRE cast, but Danny is my favorite. A faithful and loving husband,an excellent father,son,brother and detective. He is protective of and stands up for his family and his partner. And I heard that he is a musician/singer in addition to being an actor. Will there any new episodes made. I want to see more.
  • Best TV show on these days!

This is the best TV show on because you always feel good after each episode. There should be more show like this on TV. It has strong family values, no bad language, just good clean entertainment. CBS has hit a home run with is show and should leave it in their schedule for years.
  • Great family show

always feel good after I see a Blue Bloods show, good feeling show
  • LOVE This Show

This is one of my favourite shows on TV at the moment. I hang out all week for it.
  • My favorite Gal

Jennifer Esposito was great in this show. What happened to her? She played that part to the "T". The gal that plays Niki (Simi Gayle) is the worse. Take her off. Otherwise, this is the greatest show ever!
  • Could quite possibly be the best series currently on TV!

There are only three shows that I regularly watch and Blue Bloods sits at the very top of that short list. It is well written and directed. The acting is superb across the board. Tom Selleck is his normal flawless self but the fact that every other regular cast member is great doesn't hurt either. The combination of actors, writers, producers, and directors on this series simply cannot be improved upon. I think I'd hold-off dying an hour just so I could watch one more episode of Blue Bloods.
  • Praise the Lord and pass the potatoes!

Love this show! Never miss it. BUT, I am bothered at meal time! Although they say "Grace before Meals" on a regular basis, like all good Catholic families should, they are not saying it correctly.

It should be:

"Bless us Oh Lord, AND these thy gifts which we are about to

They say:

"Bless us Oh Lord, FOR these thy gifts which we are about to

Please correct this annoying error.
  • Tom Selleck

Never really cared for Ton Selleckbut he plays the shit out of Blue Bloods.
  • Great Cop Show

Wow, I've watched this show from the beginning, but I confused a little last week I saw a show maybe 99th Episode didn't Sgt. Gormley make Lieutenant. I'm sure of it, so why do they still refer to him as Sgt. Gormley? Someone needs to notify the writers
  • Too unbelievable and poor continuity

I have watched Blue Bloods from the start but often ask myself why. The plots are predictable and no one else in NY seems able to solve any crimes plus the constant plot developing coincidences leave me screaming at the telly some times.

Tonight episode is a classic example, only Danny in a population the size of NY could find himself in a bank just as it gets robbed and lay on the floor repeatedly fumbling for his gun without the robbers seeing him. Then instead of being treated as a witness and providing statements or even being given some time off to get over the trauma he immediately starts working the case. The bit where they found a cigarette but and his sister fast tracked the dna test and he went to the house of the suspect on their own baring in mind this is a suspected armed robber, spoke to him without any caution and didn't even arrest him was a total joke.

The final insult was the fact that the crew was all given lighter sentences because it was for a good cause. And lastly the episode before Fridays show Frank promoting the Sergeant that he brought in to advise him to lieutenant but all through this episode they kept calling him Sergeant still.

It's getting very silly.
  • The "perfect family"

Great Show ... but I have a few issues .

First off , how do the ages of the Reagans add up? The Great Grandfather looks to be roughly the same age as the Police Commissioner.

2. If Danny is such a tough guy why are his two boys so soft , and annoying?

3. Where is the black sheep of the family ? There is no family in the world without some misguided soul. I'm not talking about Danny bending the rules while he clears 100 percent of his cases , I'm talking about a jobless drug dealing brother , or some punk emo kid who hates the family dinners and would rather smoke dope and get drunk.

- Other than that I really like the show

• Bring Back Jackie!

Danny has never had a partner like Jack. I miss her character so much. There was real chemisty between the two actors.
  • Blue Bloods

Love this show... I consider it one of the best I have ever watched!
  • Danny is Overacting

Danny is overacting a lot. IDK, if he thinks that is cool but it is annoying as hell!!
  • There have been better NYC police shows

Blue Bloods is not very credible. Tom Selleck has a constant scowl on his face, does not seem to be happy in his job, and he swills scotch by the gallon. Not a gray hair on his head or stache (Just for Men, black shoe polish???). I always liked him in earlier TV series, and in movies.

Donny Wahlberg's character does things as a detective (threatening to kill or shoot suspects, physical brutality, rudeness) which would put him in jail, get killed, or cause a lawsuit against the department. His dad (Selleck) warns him over and over that he will not always get away with what he does, but Danny is an inconsiderate dolt. It is humorous that he and his wife have New York accents, but no one else in their family does.

Sunday dinner is a good touch, and the scenes of New York are pretty cool. The arrogance that the Reagan family has in solving every crime in NYC is not believable, especially when Danny pushes his sister to take shortcuts. Erin is touted as being tough, but looks like she is about to break down crying any moment. For all of the religious praise for this program, the characters drink constantly, and Danny does not set a good example as a human being. I can appreciate that people in law enforcement need support and faith, due to what they deal with on a daily basis.

Law and Order was/is definitely more credible, and NYPD Blue was gritty and realistic, without the nepotism..
< 1 2 3 4 5