Blue Bloods

Friday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2010 Returning September 26, 2014

TesserT

Blue Bloods Fan Reviews (78)

• This show is a waste of time. Its shallow, obvious, color by numbers police drama. There is absolutely nothing to think about as you watch except for wonder why the suspects are talking to an abusive cop rather then end the interview, or get a lawyer.

Its so unrealistic it almost makes you yell at the tv set. No one bothers to get a lawyer. No one seems interested in filing police brutality charges against Danny. I mean come on. If cops acted like that, the city would be getting sued until they got fired simply from too many brutality suits. In the episode I saw a famous musician did not bother to get a lawyer even though he was hit in the head by the cop questioning him. Huh? It didn't even seem like a big deal to anyone. Just, you know, because he didn't have a crew cut obviously it was perfectly ok to hit him, and he knew it. Seriously? What are we back in the 1960's?

As opposed to real life, where we are inundated by police that fake evidence and kill their wives( remember the cop whose three wives went"missing"? After the first two wives were killed by this man, his buddies at the police force finally had to take the case seriously, and found the dismembered body of the third) this show seems to imply that cops are wonderful, sensitive family people. Instead its people who are musicians, models, computer programmers and fashion photographers that are dissolute, power hungry desperate individuals. HUH? I don't think Steve Jobs ever hit anyone. Neither has Cindy Crawford.

Then Danny is too far in the other direction! Cops also don't insult people, hit them, torture them, and call them names. Why would the city hire someone that made bad situations worse? And how is it that people even talk to him? If he were interrogating me, even if I wanted to help the police I would probably be so offended by his tone, that I would end the interview, and just say thats all; Arrest me, or leave me alone. How can you trust someone like him? Best to just say nothing to a guy like that. Especially as most people would know he was lying when he said that they could put you away. If they could do that, they wouldn't be talking. They would have everything they needed. Simple logic.

And there isn't even any mystery to solve, except the mishmash about the blue templars, I suppose. Usually we never have more then one suspect, and even if there was its simple. The most wealthy and well educated are always the ones who did it. Or if there is ever someone who works in the arts, then they did it. Everyone knows that poor, uneducated people are always innocent, they never do any crimes at all. The less people use their brain, the more innocent they are. If you ever meet an artistic, brilliant scientist from a prominent family that happens to be wealthy, caucasian, young and handsome you better run. You know they are evil. Isn't that reallistic?

• Romney Bashing Episode

I love this show but I am seriously considering boycotting it and passing it along to anyone I can. On the Domestic Disturbance episode, your transparent attempt to subliminally implant negative thoughts about Mitt Romney by casting his virtual look-alike as a woman beater was disgusting, disrespectful, and insulting to my intelligence. Then what do I see as soon as I pull up the Blue Blood TV.com site? Barack Obama ads. Now that is a testimony to your lack of intelligence. I don't know why I expected better from any form of media but you have sold yourselves out for this poor excuse for a president and a person. Otherwise this is one of the best shows on TV right now. Maybe at one point I will bring myself to watch it again.
  • REFUSE to watch

Based on the 'trailers' for the programme...

I will never watch such a ***phobic programme!

Asking the youngest son at sunday dinner on the promo - where is your 'GIRL'

HOW Demeaning in 2013!

This is the 21st Century and just the name alone reminds me far too much of the socio-political attitudes of 1980's Regan/Thatcher.

Ding dong they are both dead - move on, the world has!
  • Disappointed in the direction of show

My husband and I have been watching Blue Bloods since the shows inception and noticed that season 4 writing is substantially different from the previous shows. The family no longer prays together; there is very little, if any, mention of their faith; the mother, Erin, gives worldly and secular advice to her daughter about pre-marital sex; the main character, Frank Reagan, is having sex out of marriage; also, his character is acting much differently than before. After checking out the writers for the first 3 seasons, we noticed that there are two new writers this season. It's obvious that they are taking the characters of the show in a completely different direction from what was first intended. One of the main appeals of this show is that they lived their faith openly and even though the writers dealt with hard subjects, the family was always grounded in their faith in God. I'm just about ready to give up on this show. I'm not interested in watching another secular dramatization.
  • Tom Selleck's new persona is fake and phony

I enjoyed Tom in many things he did, especially magnum pi, but this new charlton heston wannabee persona, he is not selling. I enjoyed that he was both an incredibly sexy man and an twerp in magnum, now he has deepened his voice, and tries to sound like an ole cowboy, Tom you're so phony.
  • turned off -- kendra joy bethune age 35 nkotb fan

1.5
    i watched 1 epidsose and saw donnie walhbergh play a police it turned me off for a while my mother brought me another Marliyn monroe journal so i start listing to the classic nkotb song my favorite girl and cover girl
  • Shame.

I can't believe how racist the last episode was (s03e15 - Warriors). Do they even do a little research before writing these episodes? Almost everything that's said about Turkey was wrong and prejudiced. If writers, directors, producers aren't concerned about what they are presenting in TV why do people bother understanding each other? With this attitude nothing's going to change in this world. It's a shame.
  • "Blue Bloods" You know the TV's bad when you find yourself wanting, trying hard to like the show...but the magic is not there. This show has amazing potential, but so far, it's far from living up!

"Blue Bloods" You know the TV's bad when you find yourself wanting, trying hard to like the show...but the magic is not there. It feels like there's something special about to happen when the opening title music rolls, but the intensity is doused.

The actors/casting is perfect. The character stories underlying the episodes are intriguing and have huge dramatic potential. But the meat...the main plot each episode...uugh! I want to gouge my eyes out! What is this, CSI:Miami, in NY dress? It's all point and tell, rather than show, imply, and feel. There's nothing for the viewer to do, nothing to think about. "This feels like TV," I said to my wife. "Law and Order, at its very best, that felt dramatic. You got lost in the show."

With this, I'm just watching the clock, hoping it breaks through and becomes spectacular. TOO BAD! Put Sellick and Wahlberg into some stuff they're worthy of. When there's been TV out there like Nip/Tuck, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, 24, Rome, The Tudors, Deadwood...heck even great cop shows like Third Watch, this simply doesn't measure up.

I watched the 3rd episode, "Privilege" tonight, waiting for a spark. There was a scene near the end with the young cop, Jamie Reagan (Will Estes), is on the couch looking through old photo albums with his grandfather, Henry (Len Cariou). As Jamie notices a photo of his detective older brother, Danny (Donnie Wahlberg), wearing a lapel pin emblem of the mysterious "Templars" cop-club, a thought occurred to me: why is the show spreading itself so thin trying to be seen giving all these great characters something to do each week?

Why not stop trying to do everything at once, and narrow the focus? Let each episode be a vignette more zeroed-in on just one of these major characters, and the work they must do to execute a case. Make the story more about these characters, not as much about these so far ridiculous crime plots. You can allow one or two of the other major characters to intersect in the story, if it becomes the obvious and logical thing to do, but stop trying to FORCE it together for everyone, in every 10 minute segment!

Think how much more rich and engrossing you could make the stories then. You'd have time to carefully orchestrate the scenario that's going to propel the story of that week's character forward. Think about "Homicide: Life on the Street" in that sense. The show didn't try to cover everyone in the whole homicide squadroom each week. It used the squadroom as a touchstone, opening and closing the show, coming back to relieve the tension. We get to see everyone there. But then, for the real story and plot development, the show narrowed the focus and kept on just a couple of the major characters for the evolution of the episode.

Like that.

CBS's got a really great concept here, with Blue Bloods. I don't want to stop watching, because the underlying characters, and the larger picture that is tying them together, is so captivating. But the weekly stories and scene setups that these characters must wade through...so far it's just devastatingly BORING!

I don't have any faith that'll get better. So I best stop with the show now, or grow bitter over the future of serial disappointments that await.
  • Disappointed

My husband and I are big fans of the show and tape each episode! We were disappointed with last night's episode, however. When Erin speaks to Nicki about sex, she falls into the Hollywood trap. The Bluebloods writers are usually so much more enlightened! There was no mention of physical or emotional consequences. If only Erin could have spoken of "commitment"--that beautiful force that is one step beyond love. Commitment is good for all couples; for Christians, it means marriage. 5
  • Get your history straight

5.5
    The dinner scenes are a time for them to talk about religion and politics. However, they (the writers) need to get their facts straight especially when it comes to Catholicism. On the latest episode, Jamie mentions the crusades; however, current perceptions are not accurate about them and I would suggest to viewers to research the ubiquitous myths being perpetuated about the crusades by writers and others who have very little knowledge of them.
  • A drunk priest gets a pass - really????

Was anyone else out there incensed as I was with Season 4 Episode 5, Lost and Found? A priest is picked up for his FOURTH DUI!!! And because he's a priest, and the Commish is Catholic, all he gets is a gentle talk about finding his faith, showing up at the precinct so he could be release ROR. Really????? His FOURTH DUI, and they're gonna put him back on the streets??? I don't care how much or why anybody drinks, but dammit, you STAY OFF THE ROADS. The Commish never said a word about the crime he committed, how he put innocent lives at risk. Disgusting!!!
  • I hate this show

It is the most stupidest show ever. I hope it gets cancelled I tried to like it but I just don't. It's boring. I'd rather watch magic City on starz and some of my other favorite prime time shows like Arrow, Grey's anatomy, teen wolf, I'm 22 btw. And I don't really like Tom selleck I think he's weird looking. And Danny on the show is too angry and I don't like it. I like Donnie wahlberg though but I cant stand cops in real life, they act so much like Danny.
  • Team Play vs. Personal Presentations

I do hope we've seen the last of character Kelly... One of the great appeals of the show is the "team" or in this case "family" work... But every second she is on camera Kelly does something to draw attention to herself -

eyes, head shakes, body language, o ver-expressiveness. I'd say she is constantly "overacting" in her self-interest, exclusively... So let her call me, too, a son-of-a-bitch, and be done with her...

BTW the one exception to team play might be Nicky, but fortunately she will soon be off to college...
  • I dunno...

seems every time you turn around there are new crime fighting shows on TV and they don't really seem to have evolved much since the early days of NYPD Blue which nobody can even remember even though it was on the air for years on end. Every case gets solved within the one hour of the show and everybody loves their jobs which I don't think is very realistic as in life is often not like that. It was good to see Tom Selleck again on TV but I preferred his characters in films like Quigley Down Under & Runaway (where he plays a cop)
  • new girl

Megan Boone is drop dead gorgeous!
  • Danny is bringing this program down!

Danny represents everything that is bad about cops. He is brutal, disregards the rules, is the rudest character ever. In this past episode, he was so rude to the Hasidic Jewish characters. My grandfather and brother are cops and Danny's character as a cop is awful. He doesn't fit into his family either. I am going to quit watching, as much as I enjoy the rest of the characters. He needs a personality and value lift or perhaps you could just get rid of him.
  • TOM, DITCH THE VEST, SMILE AND GET A GIRLFRIEND!

JESSE STONE WOULD BE EMBARASSED BY THE 'CIMISH' AND HIS LACK OF A 'BABE' IN HIS LIFE. AND THE SERIES COULD USE A LITTLE ROMANCE TO SPICE IT UP...
  • Jamie;s one night stand

I was a bit shocked and really disappointed that young (do things the right way) Jamie had a one night stand with an old friend in law school. I was led to believe he is a character with upstanding morals and I feel the bedroom scene brought him down morally. Seems it would be best if he dated and married like the Good Book says. Not everyone cow-tows to sex outside of marriage.
  • Poppycock: The Latest Show

I'm beginning to regard Blue Bloods, the CBS Cop show, with great contempt. It has been way too supportive of NYPD's unconstitutional Stop and Frisk in some of its story lines lately. In the latest, the story was about a newly appointed inspector general and a reference was made that a federal "activist" judge was responsible for the IG. It's almost as if the producers, directors and writers have been meeting Police Commissioner Kelly over drinks for help with their story lines.

Crypto fascist poppycock, if you as me.
  • Standard formula cop drama.

Blue Bloods is about as standard and formula-ized as a crime drama can get. There's nothing much about this show to either honestly love or hate one way or another. This is the type of show that I would categorize as prime time white noise. In one eye and out the other, and after watching one episode tonight, I'd have to say I'd be hard pressed to remember what the story was about the next day. This is the type of show that allows you to raid the fridge and or take as many bathroom breaks as you want without feeling that you've missed anything important. Zzzzzzzz.....
  • Why Praying has Stopped ?

I was VERY impressed with your show when I first saw it a few months ago. There was ALWAYS a time - somewhere - in your show that a prayer took place. I was especialy impressed when it was before the famly dinners. An AMAZING witness to their children (and the families watching). I do not follow the Catholic am a Christian. But in out society prayer to our Heavenly Father will help you to FEEL HIS guidence, grace, peace in our lives -IS- what everyone needs.

My personal testimony - I've have MANY brain surgeries. I experince pain EVERY day. My strength is in my time of prayer and in HIS MY STRENGTH !!!

Thank you and I hope that you will bring prayer back to your program.

JOD-TOAD
  • A clever title goes here!

this is a great show
  • I love this show

I love this show but lately the back ground music is so loud you can't hear what they are saying. WHY
  • Danny s partner gone for good?

Is danny s partner ever gonna come back? Or has she quit the show?
  • poor programing

What happened 12/14??? you take off the last show to run reruns of what we had been watching all day. My heart goes out the victims families I can't think of anyhing worse but after 8 hrs we needed a break. You could have at least ran it last night. .0
  • Family matters

I was disappointed in this show after a good pilot, but in the following episoded the story about the blue templar didn't progressed very much (I've watched 'till the 10th episode). Among the positive things there is obviously the family interactions, but most of the time but it was too much case-of-the-week scenario. It was nice to see how the characters work affected their personal life, but it was not enough. I've kept an eye on the show, but I'm putting this show to bed after I heard that CBS wanted to make it more of a procedural (How that's possible, I don't know).
  • The character Erin

I love this show but I am constantly irritated and angered by the actions of the character Erin. She is portrayed as a self righteous, sanctimonious, judgmental control freak who treats her daughter like a possession with no brains. If I didn't enjoy the show as much as I do and the other characters I would not watch this show because of her character. I find myself wanting to either slap her or choke her almost every episode.
  • 9.7 love this show

I think Tom' s hair needs some gray in it. The acting is great, the plots are well developed. His hair is so black it looks wierd. 9.7

• Great Show

This show portrays family morals and traditional values. Great down to earth show.

Often discusses controversial subjects, and current ones. And also shows how the justice system is flawed in certain ways.

Great show with great characters, its a classic.

One thing i don't like though, is the actor that plays Nikki. Bad/annoying acting (not sure if its somewhat from the script or what.. but damn). And her hair cut.... Need to focus less screen time on her,
  • great show