Blue Bloods

Friday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2010 Returning September 23, 2016

TesserT

Blue Bloods Fan Reviews (151)

• Best Show in Thirty Years!

Blue Bloods is testimony that great entertainment does not need graphic violence, sex or language to capture an audience. Creative screenwriting for its characters, intriguing plots and family situations we can all relate to; these and more have renewed my faith that network TV can still come up with something authentic. Keep em coming!
  • Review of Blue Bloods

I LOVE this show! I love the family values, I love that they incorporate the family dinners and family problems along with the best crime drama on TV. I love that they honor God & pray & bring those values to their lives & jobs. I do think they should include more of Jamies challenges instead of always following Danny & it would be great if Danny wasn't always acting like a hard a** & being angry. More family oriented & compassionate. Plus, getting tired of Erin always having her mouth open. I guess it's an acting technique but she is too over the top with it. Close your mouth Erin, PLEASE! CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! Tired of you in scenes with a gaping mouth.
  • "Blowback" Really Blew

BB is my favorite show (but I agree with the review below -- less Danny and bring back Jennifer Esposito!) but tonight's was incredibly LAME. No big city Mayor -- especially a Black one -- is going to be the slightest bit contrite after an anti-Cop rant, let alone resign! Just look at Baltimore. Or even NYC itself, which has just gone from bad to worse by electing a Communist to replace Doomberg, whose primary concerns were hobbling the Police and ensuring you couldn't buy a 24 oz. Coke. And they fired and were going to prosecute the bleeding heart ADA who released the video! Surrrreee . . . Ridiculous show tonight, very disappointing
  • Blue Bloods Dinner Prayer

3.5
    I wish they would go back to showing the family having prayer before dining. Seems they have fallen into Political Correct. Was hoping they would continue to be more like real life.
  • Danny has to go or at least his ego has to go

1.5
    It was a really good show in the beginning now it is all about how great Danny is and his ego is huge. Wahlberg makes it worse by being so nasty and believing his own importance. Bring Jennifer Esposito back and have more about the other family members especially Linda. She is great but doesn't get enough air time. Danny isn't the only cop in NY!!! You don't play well with others! Give other people a chance they may even be better than Danny. This will be my last season watching this.
  • "FORTH WITH"???

I love this show but why oh why do they all say "forthwith" when they mean RIGHT NOW or ASAP. Sounds stupid and long when you are in a hurry. What's wrong with saying ASAP like everyone else. If I were on the receiving end of the emergency call I might say "huh? what is it you need?"

They for sure need to change that. I binge watch these shows so it is very noticeable to me.

One other thing, that family is way too much Catholic
  • creates a sense of intimacy

Great Show! Great Characters! What I like is how the family is multi-generational public safety. I love the family dinners. I love the karma from Steve Schirripa & Bridget Moynahan - I think they are perfect together! I don't care for Donnie Wahlberg and Will Estes arguing (too much negative tension). The questions from the children are terrific! Nice family show tied into running a great city. I like Blue Bloods alot and really look forward to the new episodes.
  • Speedster

I do like the show a lot but it`s a little hard to believe that Danny outruns every thug he runs after. Even the ex Pro Football player! Then there is the tackle from the side angle. Maybe he should be called Flash to start from behind and still be able to tackle the guy from the side. Definitely a speedster!
  • Lawyer and impressed critic

As an attorney I have such high praise for this smart and challenging show. When Erin had to choose in "Help Me Help You" between career and her duty to being an "officer of the court," her courage was inspirational. I look forward to each episode and applaud the incisive interest in controversial themes of the day with unerring fidelity to integrity and reckoning with inevitable policy consequences.
  • EPISODE: Help Me Help You 2/26/2016

FRANK: May have a psychological battle with the new speaker for the city council. NOTE: The actress chosen the play the speaker is a bad choice. My opinion. Their first meeting was a bust. Butting heads. The final solution after time was one word, "Compromise". ERIN: A mentor judge who lost his wife but heads with Erin over his new rulings. The final points is the judge realized his faults and all is good. Finally, DANNY: A co-worker of Linda's is having a problem with her "X" after their divorce. The situation escalates, but ends on the good side for all.
  • How can you not love this show

This show has a great combination of actors (Tom Selleck) and a very pretty actress in Bridget Monyahan

It sometimes is a bit goofy but then again that brings levity to the show.

There is usually a decent plot of which the good guys always win.

Sometimes we can figure it out and sometimes there is a twist.

It's a great relaxing show on Friday night
  • A massively bad show

This may be the worst show on tv today - terrible acting, sanctimonious plot lines, and a 1950's perspective on life in New York. Tom Selleck plays a dour father figure, who surrounds himself with worse actors than he is. I suspect this is his . See Jesse Stone as another example. Or even Magnum. Selleck knows he's awful, and the only way to make himself look good is to hire actors that are even more cardboard than he is. 70 years old. Black hair. Black mustache. If you'd like to see good acting in a police show, I suggest you watch "Longmire" on Netflix. Three dimensional. It's interesting, complex, and not black and white like Blue Bloods.

• Drinking

Love the show! But why do you have to show so much drinking in the family?
  • Marisa Ramirez

Not sure why she is still on the show!?! Jennifer Esposito needs to be brought back!! Marisa Ramirez's "NY" accent is awful!! It's an insult to New Yorkers. To be honest, not sure which is worse, her accent or her acting. The show had a great cast til Ms. Ramirez started. Either get Jennifer Esposito back or find a better actress to replace Ms. Ramirez, she brings down the quality of the show. Can't you afford a better actress? And one more thing, who's idea were her bangs?? Terrible!!

I'll give a much higher rating when she is off the show.
  • Danny the bullet proof tough guy.

This show IMO, has its ups and downs. I watch it only as a last resort. way to many reality shows are taking over the airways. Danny portrays a bullet proof tough guy cop, for me it makes me laugh knowing he started out as one of the singers of the pop rock band , The New Kids On The stage setting's are always off. They must do a lot of retakes, notice the background shots are always off. at dinner they are talking and switch to another person that does the talking. The clock will be off or they are eating a different dinner, or someones hair has changed,Tom has a different tie .. take notice when you watch the show. They are getting better though. someone else must have noticed it to. I could go on and on. The writers are good the story lines are good, just another cop show to me. Imo, They try to make it like the perfect family with everyone at dinner. There is not a family that lives like that. as for the show, it might not make it another year. I am giving the show Leverage a try now. IMO, it is a lot better then blue bloods.
  • Great Show To Watch

When you look at a show like Blue Bloods you see the close bond between the whole family and then as it branches out into each individual family, arguments between brother and sister aswell father and son etc..

You see money troubles through the episode, aswell as work arguments, which makes this show fit in to reality so easy aswell as relateable to the real world. This show gives out a great vibe with outstanding work done by all of the actors, they couldn't have chosen any better actors for this show.

When you look at the episodes created and take each of the characters in the show individually you can see how they have grown (Through learning and struggles) to where they are in the show at this moment.

The episodes of this show is verry basic but with a twist, you get a look in every characters day to day work and lives.

I really hope that they match Jamie and Eddie and grow these two characters together as a couple and aswell as in their professional lives, you can clearly see that there is a love/relationship build up between these two characters and I hope to see that happening soon.

All in all this is a great show.

• At least learn the language

So many problems but the one that is annoying is that if you are going to portray a character from another country and specifically an ethnic group try to learn the language or at least perfect the accent. Even more, at least cast someone who can speak the language. This episode depicts an Afghan who speaks Hazaragi which is referred to being an "obscure" language. If you go to Afghanistan, Hazaragi is the third most spoken language in Afghanistan so I don't know what the writer or director of this show has read about Afghanistan but clearly he/she doesn't have a clue about Afghanistan. As someone who identifies Hazaragi as my mother langauge I am disappointed by the way it is displayed on this show. Please before making an episode about a group of people, learn a little about them or at least learn the language.
  • This show is a disgrace

I can not believe that this show has lasted 4 seasons it's disgusting to watch Danny (with a 100% conviction rate) tune people up. It amazes me that people tune in on Fridays to watch this portrait of a family that does nothing but judge people below them. The fans of this show must be the same people who are pooled to a jury and end up letting the cop off for murder.
  • Great Show!!!!

This show is very detailed and is sure to include stories/events for each character. It is extensively thorough when solving crimes and any wrongful issues. It shows people that doing the right thing should always be demonstrated. If you are not interested in it, then you shouldn't watch it.. let alone take the time to write a bad review or opinion about it.
  • You lost me - will they please cancel this show!?

I had all the Catholicism cramped down my throat I can stand, I am not watching this show anymore. There is so much wrong with this show I can't believe that I have watched it for this long, but last week's episode soiled me on ever watching it again. So what is wrong with it? Frank kissing the ring of the Cardinal dude was worse than kissing your sister when you were young. Is Danny really the only person in the entire NYC police department that is solving every crime that great city has? The real actor for Grandpa is only 6 years older than Tom Selleck is for Frank, it doesn't work, they look too close in age. Even though the father Frank is almost 70, he still does not have a single gray hair? Tom Selleck's glasses are too small for his face and are so 90's. Does Frank really wear his rain coat everywhere he goes, even in July? Family dinner together every single Sunday, with everyone sitting in the same place, giving the same prayer and no one ever misses? Really? Get real. The show would be so much more interesting if one of the characters were to disagree with their faith and the Sunday mandatory dinners, say someone like Jamie. Give us some variety. What if Jamie were to live with his girlfriend openly and give no apologies to the family or the Catholic church and not feel one iota bad about it and he was still a nice person that did good things for people? What if Nicky were gay? How would this staunchly religious family handle that? Hmmm, that might resemble more of the American family than this show's version of one. This show has become so preachy every week that I am bailing out of it. This show should be on the Hallmark channel where all the other sugary versions of family life exist.
  • This is a very stupid show masquerading as a smart show.

I admit, I like and watch it from time to time. Its characters are very easy to 'get', primarily because they are all 2-dimensional. The charachers and story lines are essentially just dusted-off cliche characters from the cannon of cop/legal dramas. At first, you might find it fun, since the cases and actions of the characters are so easily figured out through the story but soon you realize you're figuring it all out because it's written for people who aren't too smart to begin with. They also have a general 'bad writing' tool they use called selectively variable intelligence. Basically, they'll make an otherwise smart and insightful character dumb, if that advances the story they are being shoe-horned into or conversely, they'll have a dumb character suddenly give out with a case-solving pearl of insight. Essentially, all of the main characters are bad at their jobs and too flawed to really respect. The producers count on the audience to sympathize so much that they overlook these flaws but in real life, would any New Yorker feel safe with this bag of damaged goods cliches in their respective positions? They all need to be fired or locked up. Watch it for a lark but this is in no way good drama.
  • Danny can't live on $160,000. per year?

Danny is a top NYC Detective with seniority. (approx $80-$100K per year with overtime). His wife is a head nurse in ER at a trauma-certified NYC hospital. She easily makes the same annual income as Danny. Using the very conservative low-end of the income estimate ($80k+$80k) we arrive at $160k per year combined family income. This does not include the value of the generous healtcare and other benefits from both jobs.. Yes, they are paying for Catholic school for their 2 sons However, having lived in NYC, I have some idea of what a family of four needs. The recurring theme of money problems in Dannys' family is hard to swallow. I could easily set up a stress-free family budget on less than they in Staten Island. .
  • This show has to go

i've hung in there as long as I could thinking that the writing would get better and they would stop portraying this family as The Corleones of law enforcement. Not one likable character sitting around the dreaded dining room scene. For a family that is supposed to be staunch with Catholic beliefs they are the most judge mental, bigots,hypocrites, and lets not forget their morals are soooo much better than the rest of the world. The smarmiest family on . The only person I do like is Joe. I wish they would have a flash back on him because he seems to be the normal one. And could someone please tell Danny to shave!! he looks like a bum in a suit. And that broken grammar of his is grating on the ears. And lets not forget that he seems to be the only cop out there who can solve a crime. The remainder 34,999 police officers must be walking around bumping into walls. Thank goodness for Daaaaanny. His partner talks like a baby and always has a puss on her face. Jackie was the only good character on that show and they blew it by firing her. Frank is pompous and always has to have the last word. Half the time I would watch the show I found myself screaming at the . for him to just SHUT UP. No one ever leaves his office or a room without him saying something. He always has to have that "i know everything" attitude and it's not enough that he knows, he has to make sure everyone else knows he knows. The rules don't seem to apply to the Regan family. I mean they even bring liquor into the hospital several times and have the cafeteria for Thanksgiving dinner. The grandfather just had a heart procedure, don't you think the doctor would have put him on a restrictive diet? Again UNBELIEVABLE. And in what Universe would the ADA prosecute a case her bothers were involved with? Many times you hear Erin say "I wanted this case" well in real life she wouldn't be anywhere near cases that involved her family being the arresting officers. This show is so bad and I truly tried to like it. No Can Do.
  • What Happened to the Show

I'm getting a little sick of the way College Liberal Arts students who belong to political groups as crazy and intolerant. The writing on this show has gone off the rails. It's so unbelievably obvious that there is a political agenda being run through this show. It's getting incrediby frustrating to watch this show, that only last season I was waiting every week for a new episode ....

It's not just the politics, but the portrayal of how police do work. In a MILLION years the things that Danny does wouldn't be allowed for even a single day
  • partners :(

I love this show, but have a hard time watching it lately! Both Danny's and Jamies Partners just don't work for me. Danny's partner with that pissy look all the time makes me want to slap her. And Jamie's partner is not believable at all! The show will suck if you have those two hook up.
  • Entertaining, but rediculously inaccurate

5.5
    It's hard not to laugh when the detectives are interrogating a suspect. No detective would ever be so abrasive or confrontational, while trying to get a confession.

And a guy like Danny Reagan has no business carrying a gun. When are they going to write the episode where he flips out and beats a J walker to death? He constantly breaks the law, which is okay, because he's a cop?
  • The last minute for Garrett

Season 6, Episode 3 - There is not a much bigger Blue Bloods fan than I am. Watching every episode is a must for me. I love all the characters and yes, I do have my favorites. But Garrett is not one of them. In this episode I was hoping right up to the last minute that he was going to be gone. But no. I guess the tension between him and Frank is necessary to the drama but I've lost count of how many times I just grit my teeth when Garret is in the scene. than on Blue Bloods. I love ya!
  • Best show lately

4.5
    I love this show not only for the Drama but for all the cast they are wonderful, but what I did not like the other day in one of the oficces there was a picture of a murderer Che Quevara, he is or was a horrible person that kill thousands of people in Cuba and I sure in other countries believe me he was a Terorist, trust me Iam a 71 year od Cuban I came with my parents in 1960 I knew Castros mother and she will say my son is crazy Batista had just release him from jail because a a big shot priest had had to do with the release. Fidel Castro and his brother are the same as murderes as Quevara, so please ask Tom Select to take away the picture of, I am Cuban and it wil gve me pleasure in seing that taken care of it,
  • Good Show but the bible thumping is too much

Too much emphasis on the Catholic church and the fact that the Reagan family holds high moral ground over everyone,

Time for me to pull the plug on the show,

• Is Blue Bloods Islamophobic?

The last segment of TV's "Blue Bloods" on 9-25-15 missed a chance to strike a blow against Islamophobia. A terrorist attack was thwarted by two good Muslims. Those two were not treated well in the episode (I know the police have to be a little rough on people reporting potential threats to make certain the "whistle-blowers" are genuine) and were not thanked at or near the end for being good people and for being pivotal in stopping the attack?? "Blue Bloods" missed a real opportunity here to acknowledge that the vast majority of Muslims hate terrorism as much as anybody else. And I'm saying this as a Jewish-American.