Blue Bloods

Friday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2010 In Season

TesserT

Blue Bloods Fan Reviews (163)

• Agree

Erin and nikki need to close their mouths. Get rid of nikki, erin, jenko,baez, danny wife and jamie. It's the Donnie Wahlberg show. Those others are really guest stars. Danny Reagan super cop speaks in whispered tone. Everyone else has about a line per show.
  • Mouth?

What is up with Erin and Nicki? Do they not know how to keep their mouths closed when not speaking? And they are not the only actresses with this problem, Kristin Stewart (Twilight) is just as bad! Did they all have the sam acting coach? Mouth just hanging open is not appealing, does nothing to express emotions, and it certainly doesn't show horror or sexual tension. These ladies should study some of the greats! Elizabeth Taylor could express so many emotions without saying a word. Of course her face wasn't full of Botox either! These ladies, not so much. Other than these irritants, I love the show.
  • Best show on the air currently

Scripts, characters and acting all great. I wish they would have a few story lines that last for multiple episodes like they did with Joe's killer and the Thomas Wilder thread.
  • Saying grace at dinner

Catholic grace begins with "Bless us oh lord AND these thy gifts not "... FOR these thy gifts When you say "FOR" you imply that YOU are giving God the gifts. Blue Bloods is my favorite TV show. Any Tom Selleck show is GREAT!!
  • blue bloods

Blue bloods is a great cop show. I like all the characters. I want 2 b a police officer when I grow up but I can't because I have Epilepsy which means I have seizures.
  • Don the Don

This show is great but needs something about now to keep it from becoming the same ole same ole. Please give us some flashbacks of Don. He supposedly has been dead for years now. The family gets so sad and they toast him and talk of him and so forth. I want to know Don. I want to see him.
  • Danny the great!

They need to put Danny on far less. He is super cop. He's involved in so much its not even believable. Show his flaws besides being a hot head. He could have an attraction to his partner and continually struggle to resist her or something. They are all really too perfect although I do appreciate the show minus Danny the great.
  • BEFORE READING OTHER REVIEWS...

I wanted to write before reading other reviews to avoid any influence. I really like this show. At first, the family aspect seemed to be overdone. For instance, the first few shows, every other line seemed to include the word "family" or "Reagan". We got it without that. However, I'm now watching Season 5, and I do like the family dynamics--especially the dinners. They don't pretend to be perfect, either as individuals nor as a family, but they do love each other and are fiercely loyal to one another. I love the kids in these scenes who do a great job!

Frank: I think Tom Selleck is superb as the Commissioner. I love the strength of the character in standing up for what he believes as well as not pandering to the other government offices or influences--and we do see his struggle there. He's also great as a dad who loves his children and grandchildren, but does not want to cross a line as far as favoritism. His pausing before speaking indicates that great thought goes into each word coming out of his mouth. Couldn't imagine any one else in this role.

Danny: Love that we see Danny's strengths and weaknesses and his struggles with each. Donnie Wahlberg does a great job with this character. Love that he loves his wife and kids. I don't know why, however, he's gone through so many partners. There have been references to this in that the partners can't take being around him much, but I don't get that. I see his loyalty to his partners even if he is a little gruff. I never saw huge issues between them. In Season 5 now, his partner is Baez whom I don't feel is as good as the Jennifer Esposito character. A little grating with her speech too. Did I miss something with Jennifer Esposito? Suddenly she was packing her belongings saying she needed some What happened? Also, I don't understand why he's got the 'accent' whereas the rest of the family does not.

Erin: This is probably my least favorite character. Even though Erin is portrayed as having the 'Reagan family values and morals", there doesn't seem to be any substance to her--as a mom, as an attorney, or as a daughter. I don't know why this isn't being pulled off--perhaps an acting deficit? Scenes where she is supposed to be standing up for the law or for morality just come off as if she's trying too hard to be angry and offended. I also really dislike the constant scenes where her mouth is hanging open. We call this a "duh" look. I wish the producers/director would realize how awful this is--or even Bridget herself.

Jamie: I wasn't sure about him at first. He almost seemed to be a non-character. However, in his quiet ways, he's shown himself to be a solid guy. Will Estes really portrays this well. Not without his own struggles, he speaks up when pushed and generally backs up an underdog-type character. I do like the struggles he is having with having feelings for his partner, Janko. I am not through Season 5 yet, so it will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with this. I also like that he is there for his niece and nephews.

Pops: Sorry, can't think of his name right now. Like this portrayal of the patriarch of the family, who also has his flaws, but fiercely defends and loves his family. When Erin's ex-husband came through, he said "keep moving" which I thought was hilarious. Love his interaction with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Len Carou's acting is good enough that it's really hard to believe that he and Tom Selleck are only a couple of years apart in age.

Garrett: Probably my second favorite character! Gregory Jbarra is great in this role. I absolutely love his humor and his attempts to keep the Commissioner on track, which sometimes are successful and sometimes fail. There's a lot of humility and substance to this guy.

Nicky: What a beautiful gal she is and very well portrayed by Sami Gayle. What I don't like (but which is not a deterrent from the show) is, as she is coming of age, she is showing the mindset of the typical American young person, which is to embrace everything and everybody and shame on those who stand up for what they believe to be right and wrong. She displays the acceptance of all too evident 'gray' areas in society. The mother, grandfather, great-grandfather, and sometimes her uncles, raise their eyebrows but are very reluctant to push back with their own stance. I wish, as strong as this family is supposed to be, that they would be strong enough to reach a guiding hand into her life.

Linda: What a beauty Amy Carlson is! Love her as Danny's strong wife. She pulls everyone together at the table but isn't afraid to voice her opinion. Perfect complement to Danny.

Well, that's everyone at the table (except the 2 boys who are adorable and very well portrayed) besides Garrett (had to include him!) I also like Baker as the Commissioner's administrative assistant. I like that she is getting a little more camera time (even if just hanging up the coat he flung in the chair). You can tell she is a sharp gal with quite a decorated history. Oh! I almost forgot Sergeant Anthony Renzulli (Jamie's first partner during his probationary year). This guy is wonderfully played. Love his demeanor which is all tough guy but really a big sweetheart. Love his accent.

Overall, this is a super interesting show that gives a great and pretty realistic look into the NYPD. I love that the show doesn't worry about political correctness. Whites, blacks, Hispanics, are all portrayed equally good and bad, just like real life. No body is afraid to focus on either one.
  • Too many TSTL moments

Overall I do enjoy the show. However, I HATE seeing so many "to stupid to live" moments. For instance, when you are going to talk to a suspect, and you see him across a parking lot, you don't yell out his name like Danny does so he has time to start running. (I kid you not, as I write this he did it AGAIN in episode Old Wounds. Leading to a foot chase ending up on a bus. So, so dumb. They could've just walked right up to the No cop would do that. Ever. Also, on episode 3-1, when they found Danny at gunpoint digging his own grave, after the guy had strapped a bomb to 2 different officers, they wouldn't have yelled out his name. They would've just shot him on the spot. His time for negotiations was over by then.

The grand daughter needs to shut up, and keep that big yapper closed when she isn't talking. What an annoying character and actress. I fast forward through her scenes.

Selleck's stash is of course, awesome.
  • Knuckle sandwiches

Overall not a bad show however, there are a few things that really busts my chops. First of all Danny's tough guy routine where he is constantly smacking people around and handing out "tough guy knuckle sandwhiches" has gotten out of hand. If he were a cop in real life he'd be doing 20 years for stunts he has pulled. I have also grown tired of hearing "forthwith" I realize this must be something the NYPD says in real life even though I have no idea why it sounds awful. Stop saying it Danny, Forthwith! Overall most of my complaints are with that SOB Danny. And someone below commented on Erin and how she never shuts her mouth. Didn't realize it until I read that. You are so right. And yes she needs to keep that pie hole of hers shut when she's not talking. Tom's stash looks phenomenal per usual. That's all I have to say for now.
  • About time

I've watched Blue Bloods for 6 seasons and finally ,in a City with over 65% minorities they actually had the balls to arrest a black person. I never thought that I would see that in this politically correct place we call the USA
  • Don't Lose it at the End

I would have rated it higher last season, but so far it seems you have taken out the family blessing over the meal. I pray I am no alive the day America totally turns it's back on God. I wouldn't want to be part of that wrath. I think the 2nd review by Grammedian was great. Yes Jamie's struggles & life issues need to be more integrated into family time & a little less Danny. Danny needs to tone down his rhetoric & go back to taking his partner. A crazed lone wolf like him in real life would be bench for psyche eval & put on desk duty. No way would he be allowed to act so much like an angry bull so often.
  • Best Show in Thirty Years!

Blue Bloods is testimony that great entertainment does not need graphic violence, sex or language to capture an audience. Creative screenwriting for its characters, intriguing plots and family situations we can all relate to; these and more have renewed my faith that network TV can still come up with something authentic. Keep em coming!
  • Review of Blue Bloods

I LOVE this show! I love the family values, I love that they incorporate the family dinners and family problems along with the best crime drama on TV. I love that they honor God & pray & bring those values to their lives & jobs. I do think they should include more of Jamies challenges instead of always following Danny & it would be great if Danny wasn't always acting like a hard a** & being angry. More family oriented & compassionate. Plus, getting tired of Erin always having her mouth open. I guess it's an acting technique but she is too over the top with it. Close your mouth Erin, PLEASE! CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! Tired of you in scenes with a gaping mouth.
  • "Blowback" Really Blew

BB is my favorite show (but I agree with the review below -- less Danny and bring back Jennifer Esposito!) but tonight's was incredibly LAME. No big city Mayor -- especially a Black one -- is going to be the slightest bit contrite after an anti-Cop rant, let alone resign! Just look at Baltimore. Or even NYC itself, which has just gone from bad to worse by electing a Communist to replace Doomberg, whose primary concerns were hobbling the Police and ensuring you couldn't buy a 24 oz. Coke. And they fired and were going to prosecute the bleeding heart ADA who released the video! Surrrreee . . . Ridiculous show tonight, very disappointing
  • Blue Bloods Dinner Prayer

3.5
    I wish they would go back to showing the family having prayer before dining. Seems they have fallen into Political Correct. Was hoping they would continue to be more like real life.
  • Danny has to go or at least his ego has to go

1.5
    It was a really good show in the beginning now it is all about how great Danny is and his ego is huge. Wahlberg makes it worse by being so nasty and believing his own importance. Bring Jennifer Esposito back and have more about the other family members especially Linda. She is great but doesn't get enough air time. Danny isn't the only cop in NY!!! You don't play well with others! Give other people a chance they may even be better than Danny. This will be my last season watching this.
  • "FORTH WITH"???

I love this show but why oh why do they all say "forthwith" when they mean RIGHT NOW or ASAP. Sounds stupid and long when you are in a hurry. What's wrong with saying ASAP like everyone else. If I were on the receiving end of the emergency call I might say "huh? what is it you need?"

They for sure need to change that. I binge watch these shows so it is very noticeable to me.

One other thing, that family is way too much Catholic
  • creates a sense of intimacy

Great Show! Great Characters! What I like is how the family is multi-generational public safety. I love the family dinners. I love the karma from Steve Schirripa & Bridget Moynahan - I think they are perfect together! I don't care for Donnie Wahlberg and Will Estes arguing (too much negative tension). The questions from the children are terrific! Nice family show tied into running a great city. I like Blue Bloods alot and really look forward to the new episodes.
  • Speedster

I do like the show a lot but it`s a little hard to believe that Danny outruns every thug he runs after. Even the ex Pro Football player! Then there is the tackle from the side angle. Maybe he should be called Flash to start from behind and still be able to tackle the guy from the side. Definitely a speedster!
  • Lawyer and impressed critic

As an attorney I have such high praise for this smart and challenging show. When Erin had to choose in "Help Me Help You" between career and her duty to being an "officer of the court," her courage was inspirational. I look forward to each episode and applaud the incisive interest in controversial themes of the day with unerring fidelity to integrity and reckoning with inevitable policy consequences.
  • EPISODE: Help Me Help You 2/26/2016

FRANK: May have a psychological battle with the new speaker for the city council. NOTE: The actress chosen the play the speaker is a bad choice. My opinion. Their first meeting was a bust. Butting heads. The final solution after time was one word, "Compromise". ERIN: A mentor judge who lost his wife but heads with Erin over his new rulings. The final points is the judge realized his faults and all is good. Finally, DANNY: A co-worker of Linda's is having a problem with her "X" after their divorce. The situation escalates, but ends on the good side for all.
  • How can you not love this show

This show has a great combination of actors (Tom Selleck) and a very pretty actress in Bridget Monyahan

It sometimes is a bit goofy but then again that brings levity to the show.

There is usually a decent plot of which the good guys always win.

Sometimes we can figure it out and sometimes there is a twist.

It's a great relaxing show on Friday night
  • A massively bad show

This may be the worst show on tv today - terrible acting, sanctimonious plot lines, and a 1950's perspective on life in New York. Tom Selleck plays a dour father figure, who surrounds himself with worse actors than he is. I suspect this is his . See Jesse Stone as another example. Or even Magnum. Selleck knows he's awful, and the only way to make himself look good is to hire actors that are even more cardboard than he is. 70 years old. Black hair. Black mustache. If you'd like to see good acting in a police show, I suggest you watch "Longmire" on Netflix. Three dimensional. It's interesting, complex, and not black and white like Blue Bloods.

• Drinking

Love the show! But why do you have to show so much drinking in the family?
  • Marisa Ramirez

Not sure why she is still on the show!?! Jennifer Esposito needs to be brought back!! Marisa Ramirez's "NY" accent is awful!! It's an insult to New Yorkers. To be honest, not sure which is worse, her accent or her acting. The show had a great cast til Ms. Ramirez started. Either get Jennifer Esposito back or find a better actress to replace Ms. Ramirez, she brings down the quality of the show. Can't you afford a better actress? And one more thing, who's idea were her bangs?? Terrible!!

I'll give a much higher rating when she is off the show.
  • Danny the bullet proof tough guy.

This show IMO, has its ups and downs. I watch it only as a last resort. way to many reality shows are taking over the airways. Danny portrays a bullet proof tough guy cop, for me it makes me laugh knowing he started out as one of the singers of the pop rock band , The New Kids On The stage setting's are always off. They must do a lot of retakes, notice the background shots are always off. at dinner they are talking and switch to another person that does the talking. The clock will be off or they are eating a different dinner, or someones hair has changed,Tom has a different tie .. take notice when you watch the show. They are getting better though. someone else must have noticed it to. I could go on and on. The writers are good the story lines are good, just another cop show to me. Imo, They try to make it like the perfect family with everyone at dinner. There is not a family that lives like that. as for the show, it might not make it another year. I am giving the show Leverage a try now. IMO, it is a lot better then blue bloods.
  • Great Show To Watch

When you look at a show like Blue Bloods you see the close bond between the whole family and then as it branches out into each individual family, arguments between brother and sister aswell father and son etc..

You see money troubles through the episode, aswell as work arguments, which makes this show fit in to reality so easy aswell as relateable to the real world. This show gives out a great vibe with outstanding work done by all of the actors, they couldn't have chosen any better actors for this show.

When you look at the episodes created and take each of the characters in the show individually you can see how they have grown (Through learning and struggles) to where they are in the show at this moment.

The episodes of this show is verry basic but with a twist, you get a look in every characters day to day work and lives.

I really hope that they match Jamie and Eddie and grow these two characters together as a couple and aswell as in their professional lives, you can clearly see that there is a love/relationship build up between these two characters and I hope to see that happening soon.

All in all this is a great show.

• At least learn the language

So many problems but the one that is annoying is that if you are going to portray a character from another country and specifically an ethnic group try to learn the language or at least perfect the accent. Even more, at least cast someone who can speak the language. This episode depicts an Afghan who speaks Hazaragi which is referred to being an "obscure" language. If you go to Afghanistan, Hazaragi is the third most spoken language in Afghanistan so I don't know what the writer or director of this show has read about Afghanistan but clearly he/she doesn't have a clue about Afghanistan. As someone who identifies Hazaragi as my mother langauge I am disappointed by the way it is displayed on this show. Please before making an episode about a group of people, learn a little about them or at least learn the language.
  • This show is a disgrace

I can not believe that this show has lasted 4 seasons it's disgusting to watch Danny (with a 100% conviction rate) tune people up. It amazes me that people tune in on Fridays to watch this portrait of a family that does nothing but judge people below them. The fans of this show must be the same people who are pooled to a jury and end up letting the cop off for murder.
AFNPAC