Blue Collar TV Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Who thinks this show is funny?

andyradke

[21]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 5

Having watched all 3 DVD sets back-to-back, I can honestly say I'm glad they cancelled the show.  It went from being extremely funny to extremely montonous.  I felt the show ran out of steam midway towards the end of the first season.  The "Redneck Yard Of The Week" segment got old.  Most of the "What Burns Me Booth" segments just weren't funny.  Same goes for the "White Trash Days Of Our Lives".  It's as though they poured everything that was funny into those first number of episodes.  After that, they had nothing left. 

They should've done a few more toddler segments.  They were funny.  As were the "Big Deck" segments.  They could've really played those up.  But when they started showing "Random Stories From Bill", I just had to roll my eyes.

I'd like to see it return, IF and only if they can bring back the humor that graced those first episodes.  Otherwise, ending it was the right thing to do.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Darth-Revan45

[22]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 20
    andyradke wrote:

Having watched all 3 DVD sets back-to-back, I can honestly say I'm glad they cancelled the show. It went from being extremely funny to extremely montonous. I felt the show ran out of steam midway towards the end of the first season. The "Redneck Yard Of The Week" segment got old. Most of the "What Burns Me Booth" segments just weren't funny. Same goes for the "White Trash Days Of Our Lives". It's as though they poured everything that was funny into those first number of episodes. After that, they had nothing left.

They should've done a few more toddler segments. They were funny. As were the "Big Deck" segments. They could've really played those up. But when they started showing "Random Stories From Bill", I just had to roll my eyes.

I'd like to see it return, IF and only if they can bring back the humor that graced those first episodes. Otherwise, ending it was the right thing to do.

You're right on that, I think I wrote my review based upon the old episodes which were great, but those "White Trash Days of our Lives", "Bill Stories", "What Burns Me" were incredibley stupid. And I aggree on the "Deck" thing which was the best skit on the show in my opinion [Drew Carey's one was better]. Just wish it didnt go down so much later.

MegaGamer37

[23]May 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    I love watching Blue Collar TV! Read my Review on it. My favorite cast member is Larry. 'Git-r-done'! Ha! I love that!