Blue Gender Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

"Second Season"?

Lordofsith55

[1]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 8
    Any news of a possible "second season"?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JavierP3

[2]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    None that I've heard of.  With a movie out on it (re-telling the series), this would seem to be the standard anime end of a series.  

GUNDAMDEATHSYTE

[3]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 4
    As usual only time will tell yet at this rate it doesn't seem that likely anytime soon.

Aleven

[4]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 3

I've seen the ending today - so I am blissed.

In no way I can see a possible second season. Simply, they lived happily ever after, the "ordinary" peaceful life has come for them after all they'd gone through.

Any further story would be a simple soap opera of their lives and them organising the new order. Wonder if there's any other humanity left? What would happen to all those reckless soldiers on Earth met on previous episodes and nomadic people?

Would there be a different enemy? I feel it would be very artificial then...

There are a lot of questions, but in the end, I don't feel like I want to know answers. It's like giving the heroes a little privacy ... or like giving yourself the opportunity to fantasize for yourself!

smooth_rogue90

[5]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    It would be great to have a second season but I don't see how they could do it with the way they ended it. Unless they did a prequel or something and went into greater depth into the origins and rise of the blue

lights_justice

[6]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    I think Blue Gender had an excellent ending and I really don't know if they could do anymore without diminishing the quality considerably.

MarcoSnow06

[7]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 5

@Aleven: Well said, I agree with you completely. In fact, Blue Gender was one of the few anime series that didn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Most of the time it seems animes go for one of two things: the tragic ending in which the protagonist dies, or the bittersweet ending where the central conflict is resolved and things just return to the way things were/everyone involved decides to go their separate ways (lookin' at you Samurai Champloo). Finally, there's the rush-job ending where the show a) catches up with the manga it's based on and ends abruptly, or b) in a straight-to-anime release, the plot falls apart at the last minute, souring what could have been an anime classic, leaving you absolutely clueless as to what you've just witnessed (Evangelion, anyone?) or c) uncertain whether the show will be cancelled, the series planners write in the possibility of a second season but never follow up on it (Outlaw Star, we hardly knew ye). None of these scenarios is in evidence here, and I'm tempted to say this is one of my favorite animes of all time in terms of plot, character development, action, and animation. A thoughtful, satisfying conclusion is icing on the cake for a show of Blue Gender's caliber. In all honesty: what more can one ask for?

Edited on 08/03/2009 4:12pm