Blue Heelers Forums

Seven Network (ended 2006)

Favourite Episode(s) ever

rleedham

[1]Mar 10, 2006
    • level: 25
    Well discuss your favourite episode or episodes as the case may be in here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway my favourites would have to be Gold, One More Day, Showdown, Hunted, Wedding Blues. They would be my main ones but there are plenty of others as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

millinniumman

[2]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    I think most of them are wonderful, except maybe season 11's Keeping Mum which was hard to watch. I'll need to watch all the episodes again but here are some of my faves from each season (spoilers for the episodes below).

Homecoming Queen (season 2): This was a rather fun episode (with Maggie and the radio contest) and dealing with some of the aftermath of Tom being shot, including how he just wore the sling for sympathy.

Reality Bytes (season 3): Another fun episode that not only very much shows the personality of Dash and Adam but builds on it as well. In the Gun would be a close second, with the continuing storyline with the Darcy's.

Reports of Damage and Loss: Unquestionably one of the best episodes they had put on, a very dramatic episode with Nick and Adam trying to save a young girl's life in a flood, and one of the best parts is that it doesn't involve a murder or big city crime, but something that does happen in small country towns.

Piece of Cake (season 5): This was a very strong season with many good episodes (Secrets, The Whistle Blower, Stars in Their Eyes, Little Monsters, False Alarms and Hunted among them) but I would have to go with Tony Timms spending the day with Nick and the uproarous tale of his secret: pretending to be an old lady and baking sponge cakes in competitions.

The Grace of God (season 6): Another strong season with some top notch episodes. This one deals with the murder of the well liked new recruit and goes into all the details of the shooting, such as the guilt Robin feels for switching shifts, Tom and Falcon Price having to tell Greg's family and Ben's thinking he would be next. A very powerful episode.

Bully Boys (season 7): I chose this one over any that deal with Maggie's death for the simple reason that it deals with the very worthwhile issue of school bullying, a topic that hadn't been visited by the series for a while. Aside from that it was a well done episode.

Charming (season : Episodes dealing with paedophiles are always well done, and this is no exception with the bid to try and make the suspect crack. Holds up well against other excellent episodes such as A Hard Call.

Breaking Point (season 9): The two part opener weaves many excellent stories, such as Tess and Hayley, Tom and her daughter's problems at the school and the child who killed a classmate and having to face the struggles of other parents wanting to ruin it for them.

Sexual Healing (season 10): You want a cliffhanger to keep you hanging on until the next season? Only Tom appearing to kill Tahni in cold blood a year later tops this for finishers. The story with Susie and Brad was good and set the groundwork for the way she would be in future episodes (with her turning to Ben for comfort, and then having a romance with him as well as Jonesey, Alex, a suspected drug dealer...) and right at the end, for Brad to lose it and Ben being forced to kill him in front of Susie, you just had to watch the next year to see what happens.

Pigs Will Fly (season 11): Best episode yet? It's right up there, from the bomb hoax and threats and character building for Joss and Kelly to the Heelers loosing out big time with Cal's murder\suicide and no answers on the bombing or Grace's killer, and Nick interrogating a suspect the way it should be done. "ANSWER THE QUESTION!"

Child's Play (season 12): Parental descretion is advised indeed. A horrific look at how some criminals are utterly without compassion and remorse, with an utterly powerful and stunning end where the killers taunt the mother of the girl they murdered.

scarlettslegacy

[3]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 12
    I was reviewing Ben's history with women in a blog I write, and it occured to be how emotionally screwed-up he was. I mean, I was laughing as I write summarised his relationships because they were so pathetic. And then I stopped laughing and realised that I hadn't been laughing at the time, and I hadn't been laughing because they were so well written and acted. His misery and subsequent stupidity really stood out, and they're my fave storylines (even if they aren't exactly episodes)

asithgftoc

[4]Jun 12, 2006
    His ex wife moved away and took his kids with her, this was hard on Ben and was just one of the bad things that happened to him. He had to go through a lot but overall he was a good officer.

scarlettslegacy

[5]Jun 13, 2006
    I know... the point I was making was that he had such crappy judgement when it came to women to summarising his relationship history, I was laughing at how sad and pathetic it was. But you could really feel for him even though it was sad and pathetic, and that made them some of my favorite storylines.

asithgftoc

[6]Jun 13, 2006
    Do you mean the time he liked Susie but he just refused to give up even though Susie was obviously not interested?

scarlettslegacy

[7]Jun 13, 2006
    Yeah... and the time he had an affair with Felcity Falcon-Pryce... and his aborted engagement to that Salvation Army Captain, Marissa... and that destructive little fling he had which ended with the woman dying... and his interest in his first wife (the one he was married to when he was eighteen or nineteen)... and his interest in Maggie...

asithgftoc

[8]Jun 15, 2006
    One thing I liked about Blue Heelers was it's consistency. In all seasons there were great episodes, there was not much difference between the worst season and the best season which is a good thing.

The best episode from Season 13 was Moonlighting in my opinion.

I can't remember names of episodes apart from the episodes I have on DVD(episodes 1-181) so I will give you my best from these episodes.

#97- Unfinished Business.........The episode after Wayne was killed and it contained his funeral. Nick's outburst at Roz was fantastic viewing as was the heelers showing up unexpectedly at Wayne's funeral to pay tribut to their mate. The episode ended with the cast sitting in a circle talking about why they loved Wayne.

#138- Fool for Love........This episode was when Adam got married. But the best thing was when Dash and Adam kissed for the first time. I was a fan of the Adam and Dash relationship and wish they got together. They shared a nice moment when Dash admitted her feelings for Adam.

#154- Every Contact Leaves It's Trace.........This was the episode where Adam's wife Stacey's cruel plan was revealed. Adam was up for murder when he shot Stacey's ex-boyfriend, but Dash thought about the situation and realised that Adam was setup by Stacey. When Adam quizzed her about Dash's allegations she admitted that she planned to have Adam killed but claimed that they would never be able to prove it, but she did not know that while she was admitting to wanting Adam dead.....Adam had a tape recorder under the sheets of his hospital bed which caught everything that Stacey said. The episode ended with Dash consoling with Adam telling him everything would be OK. I loved this episode because Dash worked so hard to clear Adam's name and she succeeded.

iluvFriends

[9]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 8
    My favourites were Once Only Withdrawal parts 1 & 2, in season 3, where Wayne and Maggie are held hostage in the hospital during the bushfires

Emmma

[10]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 9
    My favourite episodes include:

An Inspector Calls, an absolutely hilarious episode with a good story line.

Too good to be tru part 1 and part 2, very exciting and griping story lines, with a lot of Tess/Jonesy drama

blueheelersgal

[11]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 3
    My fav. episodes are the ones that have maggie and pj in it like 1994 to 2000

asithgftoc

[12]Nov 29, 2006
    Episode 210 Rotten Apple part 1 was good because Dash and Adam FINALLY got together, too bad it happened when Adam was about to leave.

Crickette

[13]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 7

My favourite ones would be:

* Running of the Rams (Season 7) because it had it's funny moments.

* The deepest cut (Season 6) as it was one of those Ben suffering episodes.

* In another place (Season 9) as it highlighted the trauma experienced in detention centres.

* Be prepared (Season 6) as PJ proposed to Maggie which I had been waiting to see for years.

blueheelersgal

[14]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 3

Omg I love all the ep's which have Maggie and PJ in it

For Example- Gold, Fools Gold,  Be prepared , and all the other eps

I Love Blue heelers

heelers_fan

[15]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 26

'Gold' - Pj and Maggie FINALLY! 'Monster' - love Amy Fox, intense and disturbing episode. 'Love In' - Jo is hilarious and good old Rusty being a pain as usual. 'Another Day at The Office - part 2' - comes to mind, creepy and a good Amy episode.

pjhasham

[16]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 17

iluvFriends wrote:
    My favourites were Once Only Withdrawal parts 1 & 2, in season 3, where Wayne and Maggie are held hostage in the hospital during the bushfires

Yeah, that was one of the better siege episodes they've done. The Barry Baxter one in Season 12 was great too.

I just watched The Kremlin Factor, with Dash's first appearance and Asher Keddie playing a girl who supposedly went missing eighteen years before, and I believe it was the first point where the show crashed into the fried chicken stand (the opposite of "Jumped the Shark"). I actually stopped missing Wayne with her arrival, especially when she was talking about Tom not realising he was behind her. And the episode would have to be one of the best cases they'd done up to that point, with three or four plot twists in the final minutes, which actually bested The Usual Suspects. Anyone else love this episode?

Binga09

[17]Feb 5, 2009

As a massive ' Blue Heelers ' fan, i can tell you that from my own knowledge, basically every episode has been great. I really love the ones where the officers made their debut ie, Dash, Jonesy, Jo, Ben, and the ones whre the offiicers left, ie. Nick, Dash, Jo, Pj and so on.

I also think the entire storyline with the Darcy's, and The Baxters really went well.

sleepy-sonic

[18]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 19
    One more day