Blue Heelers

Seven Network (ended 2006)

SrRui

Blue Heelers Fan Reviews (24)

• Excellent show which sadly jumped the shark

Blue Heelers was, for ten years or so, an excellent series, one I would happily rate at ten out of ten. Sadly, the loss of Lisa McCune from the cast led to an imbalance in the characters and a decline in viewership. The show, however, was still great - until the network decided to counteract the viewer decline by ramping up the action. And ramp it up they did - too far. The last couple of seasons were embarrassingly far from the believable and equally far from the spirit of the series, and did a lot to ensure the show's demise. For that reason, I'm docking it a couple of points - but tracking down the earlier seasons is definitely well worthwhile.
  • WOW!!

I love this show and i always have!! Especially when it gets a little interesting... With Ben and Falcon Prices wife, PJ and Maggie ect...
  • its a great show

Blue Heelers is a intertaining show to watch and its just great to watch, some of my fav actress's are Lisa McCune who plays Maggie, Jane Allsop who plays Jo, Samantha Tolj who plays Kelly, Rachel Gordon who plays Amy, Simone McAullay who plays Susie and my fav actors is Martin Sacks who plays PJ, Ditch Davey who plays Jonesy, Danny Raco who plays Joss
    i really hated the way Jo died and how Maggie got shot and i though it was good that they were both a love interest for PJ. i think they did a great job making and producing Blue Heelers
  • Blue Heelers was the police drama to end all police dramas. It is the best drama Australia has ever produced. How dare they axe it!

Blue Heelers was the most amazing drama on television.

For the Cops in Mt.Thomas, it's more than just a badge.

The setting was Mt.Thomas, the characters were Maggie, Tom, Wayne, Nick and PJ and the job was protecting the people of the town. And they did it with style and attitude.

The characters then became Adam, Dash, Jack, Ben, Tess, Jo, Kelly, Joss, Amy, and Matt. They continued the job with the same enthusiasm. Chris helped keep up with the town gossip.

This show had it all; hot blokes, hot chicks, action, shootings, murders, sucides, assualts, relationships, secrets and most of all drama. Lots of drama!

This is the best show ever!
  • Blue Heelers...it's one of a kind! It was soo sad that while watching the finale on Sunday 4th June 2006 and enjoying every minute of it, it was sad to know that this was the last episode! Longlive Blue Heelers in our hearts!

I only really started watching Blue Heelers when once day in the holidays (about 2004) I watched a few old repeats coz I was bored and Mum said a few things about Maggie Doyle, the couple of times she had watched it. It wasn't until the day that "End of Innocence" was to show that night that Mum was going she saw the promo and that it looked pretty awesome and interesting, considering a police station was going to be blown up! So we watched it, and I guess I sort of got hooked after that, but VERY hooked about early 2005! I sort-of became an obsessed BH lover (ha-ha!) but I loved the show! So, like a lot of people, I was heartbroken when crummy Smelly 7 decided to axe the show! It will ALWAYS be a TV show that I will enjoy and remember, and who knows, when my kids enter their teens, I may even show them the DVDs of "the greatest cop show in history!" And maybe even they might get hooked...even if it's twenty years since it's finale!
  • Blue Heelers, an Australian drama. A legend throughout us all. What will we do? What will we watch? The answer is......... We watch the box sets. But we need someone to bring it back!!!

But we need someone to bring it back!!!

Hey, Did anyone else like the episode when The old couple on a farm took children, and killed them?
    That was a chilling episode, Fabulous screen play by Martin Sacks!
  • Blue Heelers is the best show ever! It should have never been canceled.

Blue Heelers was the best show ever, my favorite actors were Lisa McCune and Martin Sacks. And they on screen relationship. The DVD's are alright, but they need to release all of the seasons on DVD cause its the best! I rated this show 10 out of 10 cause i would say its the best tv show that was ever out. All saints is alright, and supernatural but i think blue heelers is the best!
  • i really liked blue heelers it was a great show. i watched it so many times i was really dissappointed that it was axed though!!!!!!!! i really wish it was still on TV.

blue heelers was easily my favourite show on TV. my favourite character was "Ben Stuart" played by Paul Bishop!!! i ust 2 watch it every week and be really impressed in wat the crew has done!!!! i now hav the dvds of blue heelers nd watch them all the time
  • I used to love this show, but now after all of my favourite characters have left it isnt as good.

Some of the story lines are quite pathetic and unoriginal, and they can get quite boring. How many crimes can occur in a small country town!! But sometimes it is still worth watching. I miss the old episodes with Jonesy, Ben, PJ, Tess and Jo but at least Suzie is still there.
  • BEST SHOW EVER

I can't believe channel 7 are brainless enough o axe this show! This is such an awesome show! BEST SHOW EVER. Great actors! great story lines. It is a true masterpiece. I LOVE IT.I LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE ITI LOVE IT
  • Australia\\\'s #1 Drama

Title: Blue Heelers Other Title: Boys In Blue Date: January 1994- July 2006 Genre: Drama Cast: John Wood: Senior Sergeant Tom Croydon Rachel Gordon: Detective Senior Constable: Amy Fox Martin Sacks: Senior Detective Patrick Joseph P.J. Hasham Geoff Morrell: Sergeant Mark Jacobs Samantha Tolj: Probationary Constable Kelly O\\\'Rourke Plot: The situations, lives and adventures of an Australian police force in the fictional town Mt Thomas My Rating And Comments: 10/10 Blue Heelers is the best Australian local production on the Seven Network, Australia on the 8.30 Wednesday now Saturday time slots it is now in season twelve which the series will conclude its production in July 2006. Bottom Line: A great local drama for Australian Television, ending this year (2006).
  • One great Australian Drama

With the news of Blue Heelers being cancelled nearly broke my heart. Blue Heelers for many years has been an extremely popular Australian country cop show. Without going to far out of reality like CSI, Blue Heelers revolves around the cops at a Victorian police station at Mount Thomas. Day by Day, Week by Week we see the true attitudes of humans even in country towns. This show has been apart of many lives for 11 years.

Two years ago the show underwent a change to keep the ratings up which worked but still wasn't enough. None of the other Aussie Dramas but All Saints even competes with BH.

Watch this show. Highly recommended as a nice relief from the unrealistic show's such as CSI and enjoy the old fashioned cop show.
  • I was sad to hear about the dimise of the perenial favourite Blue Heelers, however I was pleased to hear it will beat Homicide. Wow, what an achievment.

I can't recall watching the first episodes of Blue Heelers, but I do think it was around the same time as X-Files began. I was living in a bording House in Sydney's inner suburb of Sydenham. I was in room 8 I think and my mate Dougie was in room 6. I may have watched it, or I may not have. I don't remember. I do however remember the episode when "Wayne" died. Grant Bowler. I was in Narrabri at the time visiting my sister. That was in 1996 I think and my Nephew had been born that year. Hi Dale...
    I think me and Dougie may have watched it in the unit we shared at Allawah in 95-96.
  • Real Policemen life

Nice fiction, too bad that in Italy we only got it on a minor channel and only the first few series. I'd be really curious to see more episodes after I've seen those 4 or 5 times each :).

Anyway what I like most about this series is that it doesn't look like a "big thing" made for the TV. There aren't many unreal events made on purpose just to make up a more exciting storyline. On the contrary, what is shown is the life of policemen in a small village, as it (probably) really is, both in good and bad times, and this makes it more real. Besides, the characters (those I know, at least), are very good and funny, each one having its own personality.
  • classic Australian police drama

This is classic Australian police drama and my favourite tv show too. Some of my favourits actors in this tv show are John wood(Tom), Rachel Gordon(Amy), Mavtin Sacks(P.J) and Jane Allsop(Jo). one of my favourite episodes is 'Keeping up apperances' because its funny to watch Amy with the other uniforms than jonesy.
    keep the good work going
    Chantelle
  • There's been so many great episodes it's very hard to pick but 4 stand out, Gold and Fool's Gold, One More Day and Loose Ends.

There's been so many great episodes it's very hard to pick just one that stands out from the 495 episodes that have gone to air over 12 years. In Gold and Fool's Gold, we're relieved when PJ and Maggie finally admit to just how they feel about one another. And like any relationship theirs doesn't run smoothly but when they finally decide to marry we are left in tears by the end of One More Day and Loose Ends, as Maggie dies in PJ's arms. A grieving PJ is arrested, released and nearly killed before her killer is revealed.
  • Classic Australian Drama

I could not imagine Australian television without Blue Heelers on it.
    Over the years the show has never been scared to take a risk, with brilliant exciting storylines.
    We have seen the loss of some excellent Australian actors but they are always replaced with new favourites.
    It is also excellent to see that John Wood has stayed with the show, I don't think it would be the same without him ... GIVE HIM A LOGIE! PLEASE!
  • Blue Heelers is a great Australian show. The show seems to be going downhill fast, but i still like watching it.

Blue Heelers is a great Australian drama. It's based on Police In Victioria solving problems that ordinary people cause.

It is interesting to watch because you always want to find out who the culpret of a murder is. It's not always about murder, sometimes it's about people causing trouble in the Town.

Blue Heelers has lost it's popularity since the new hit series "House" aired. They both air at the same time, but more people choose to watch "House" over "Blue Heelers". Channel 7 was thinking about not airing the show anymore because of the small amount of viewers watching the show. People have made online petitions to save the show, but will they work?

This show would be recommended to anyone who likes watching Drama.
  • This is a great aussie drama show and is now the longest running aussie. it is a bit hard to understand the relationships in this shows if you have not watched it previously.

This aussie drama is about a station of victoria police coppers who police the areas of mt. thomas and widgeree (partly filmed in williams town, victoria). The show is easy to become attached to and one that you will just keep coming back to watch every week. This show is my personal favourite because of the driving scenes and the relationships.
    I loved the scene the other night when joseppi did a
    power slide, followed by a massive burnout leaving ssmoke everyware. I think that Johanna Parish (Jane Allsop) and patric hasham (martin sacks) should have
    followed through on getting married and having children, But hopefully it will all work out with Jonesy and Amy because they're good for each other.
  • I really really love Blue Heelers. I love what they do and the drama they present. Keep it up and comming. My favourite actress is Rachel Gordon, It really surprise me with the amount of crap she had to put up when she was young.

One of my favourite espoised was when Senior Dective Amy Fox was facing her pass. To be quiet honest it made me cry.Mum came in and ask me why am i sniffing heaps, she turned the light on and saw tears down my eyes and just started laughing at me. I just hit her one and told her to sit and watch tv.By the way my mum is a police officer, sometimes she laughs at you all. But she gets her revenge.

I love all your shows, that espoised just got me. I hope you all the best and keep up the good work.
    by Anna
  • Blue Heelers is one of Australia\'s best television programs and showcases some of Australia\'s best actors and actresses. Heelers allows writers to address issues that affect us as Australians and makes for great viewing. The Australian Entertainment Ind

Blue Heelers is one of Australia\'s best television programs and showcases some of Australia\'s best actors and actresses. Blue Heelers allows writers to address issues that affect us as Australians and makes for great viewing. The Australian Entertainment Industry is already a dying industry, but one that should be strongly protected. There are thousands of people out there who want to be watching home grown shows rather than being bombarded by American and other international shows.

Blue Heelers has an amazing group of writers who keep audiences entertained week after week and this is one program that constantly gets good reviews in newspaper television guides. This show deserves the support and respect of all Aussies, so come on guys, keep the rating going up and keep it on our screens for years to come!!
  • Blue Heelers, just another one of those country cop shows...Only the best one they ever made!!!

I have been watching Blue Heelers every week for the past year and I must admit it is one of my favourite shows. Blue Heelers is a cop show set in a country town near Melbourne in Australia. The first time you watch it you might just think that it is another one of those cop shows but once you really get into it you will find that it is much better than them.

Blue Heelers is about many things and one of them is relationships. The relationships between the characters make the show interesting to watch. Rather than just some cops investigating crimes, there are problems between certain people and that gives it a twist.

Obviously the show is also about crimes. From petty crimes like grafitee and theft to huge crimes like murder, rape and terrorism, what ever the episode about it’s exciting. Usually in each episode there are a few petty crimes and a bigger one but sometimes there a few episodes dedicated to gigantic crimes.

In the station there are many roles. There's the senior sergeant, the sergeant, two Probationary Constables, three senior constables, one senior detective and the owner of a pub who was there from the start. The show started fifteen years ago and since then there are only two of the original actors. Just recently Martin Sacks left after fifteen years which blew be away.

The reason I only gave Blue Heelers 9 1/5 was because only sometimes the show gets a little boring. I hope the start of the show John Wood doesn’t leave because then the show will have a whole new attitude.
    the
  • I thought the quality would continue to slip after the bombing but it is so much better, although season 3 and 5 will always be classics.

I thought the quality would continue to slip. I mean the mystery element was so lost, especially if I could guess who did it! However after the bombing but it is so much better, although season 3 and 5 will always be classics because of the maggie and pj relationship. Both actors are essentially Blue Heeler icons.
  • This show still has much life in it yet despite people's claims of it not being as good as it used to be.

This show still has much life in it yet despite people's claims of it not being as good as it used to be. This show has been going for a long time now but is not on the ratings high it once was. The show was not expected to last as long as it has once Lisa McCune left but it has survived and last year with the revamp that modernised the show to a more responsive younger audience. This year another original cast member in Martin Sacks leaves but there is no doubt he is leaving the show in very capable hands of the new talents of Rachel Gordon and Samantha Tolj along with old time favourite John Wood. Next year will be a big year for this show with its 500th episode and also its 510th which will make it the longest running one-hour drama series in Australia. Despite ratings not being where they once were the show is still as equally as good as it once was and is currently very underappricated. Blue Heelers is a show that has a great depth compared to the modern rating shows like CSI which will struggle to make 200 episodes because of the fact people will get bored with them.

If you have never seen this show and get the chance to make sure you sit down and watch it just to experience a great piece of Australian Drama that many people have already enjoyed.