Blue's Clues

Nickelodeon (ended 2013)

Blue's Clues Fan Reviews (71)

7.7
  • Great, educational show, moves at just the right speed!

Great show. Learns basic skills, as well as how to discover and reason, yet moves at a lively pace. Unlike Dora which seems to drag along, Blues Clues is really a great, healthy show.

I also like the fact that, while a formula based show, Blues Clues does deviate its' style frequently. Again, much better than Dora's repetition!
  • Blue and steve and/or Joes play Blue's Clue's by Finding Blue's pawprint on something and figuring out what Blue is trying to tell them.

It is a good show but I only watch it for entertainment. But still the show is OK but it's good for kids ages 3-6. I think that this show was good but it was to young for me. But still I watch it on videos when I am bored.
  • Blues clues is very educational and an enjoyable show.

I've been watching Blue's Clues since it first came on in 1998.I was seven.Now I'm fourteen,and my love for the show has never changed.Sure as you get older it seems a little...slower,but the point I am trying to make is that this is a show that keeps some of your childhood memories.So if your five,fifteen,or even fifty,this show is always enjoyable.You can enjoy watching it as a kid,you can enjoy watching it as a teenager,and you can enjoy watching it with your own kids.
  • I really do not like this show, but I did when I was younger but now I don't like it.

2.1
    accually I almost hate it but it is for like 2-5 year olds but still I pratically hate it it was hard for me to even come here also the reason I give it a 2.1 is that I liked it when I was 3-4. And thats all I have to say.
  • I used to totally love this show when I was little..

I used to LOVE Blue's Clues, but ever since the idiot that plays Joe came in, it went downhill. I mean, Steve was cool! He was a fun and kinda dim kind of guy, but Joe is just stupid..
    The episodes also got weird. I mean, Magenta getting glasses? What's THAT all about?! The old episodes used to have good messeges: Healthy Snacks, Get rest when you're sick, etc. Now, they hardly have them at ALL.
    Now, Blue's Room time. What the--?? Blue talks and is a puppet now?! Holy cow! And, now she hangs out with retarted puppets that don't know sqat?! What the heck is that!?

Honestly, I sometimes miss the old Blue's Clues..
  • Educational program for children to watch if they do watch TV one of mine and the childrens first picks. It is also only 30 min so it is not a strugle to get then to ture it off and change activities.

Educational program for children to watch if they do watch TV one of mine and the childrens first picks. It is also only 30 min so it is not a strugle to get then to ture it off and change activities. Space is alowed for the children to inter act and the correct anser is ginen insted of praise.
    Who thought of this? I never liked this show, even when I was little I didn\\\'t like it. All the songs that they sing are so stupid. They need to take singing lessons. And what\\\'s up with everything being alive? Every single object can talk. Blues Clues is just so messed up.
  • A great show I found alot of fun when I was a child.

“Blue’s Clues” is one of those Nick Jr. shows that does not drive me to kick the creator’s ass. It originally starred Steve and his blue dog, Blue (of course). Every day, Blue leaves Steve with three clues that pertain to what Blue wants to do for the day. These “clues” are actually Blue’s paw prints on objects that relate to the activity she wants to do. Everytime that Steve finds one of Blue’s clues, he writes them down (actually, he draws them) on his handy dandy… his handy dandy… HIS HANDY DANDY…?! (“Notebook!”) Notebook!

“Blue’s Clues” is another one of those interactive children’s shows that counts on you (the viewer) to help Steve in his search for clues and finding out what Blue wants to do. But, unlike some other interactive shows, a girl’s voice coming from out of nowhere shouts out the answer. I think this idea is better than the “moment of silence” treatment because it tells you the answer and brings you a better understanding of what is going on (if you are slow, that is). Take this little example…

VOICE FROM NOWHERE: “A clue! A clue!”
    STEVE: “A clue? Where?”
    VOICE FROM NOWHERE: “On the box of condoms!”
    STEVE: “…Cut! Cut! Cut! I thought we wouldn’t make a sex episode!”

While other shows like “Dora the Explorer” do this…

DORA: “What are we going to do with this obviously rotten tomato sandwich?”
    *Dora stares at you with her big, creepy eyes for five seconds*
    DORA: “Yeah! Eat it! Good job, amigo! Give yourself a pat on the back!”
    *You pat yourself on the back, knowing you did not do anything*

After Steve Burns’s departure from Blue’s Clues in the early millennium due to college purposes, his brother Joe takes his place! While Joe does not liven up the show like his brother did, I still found him a great replacement for Steve, albeit he was not as dramatic.

JOE: “Oh. We found a clue. Yayyy…”

Still, I loved this show as a child. Actually, this was the only show I loved as a child. Regardless, though, I will not be watching it anymore because it is too low-grade-level for me. I will still miss the show, however.
  • It's such a creative little show; I hope it stays on, even if it's just reruns!

I heard through the grapevine that there won't be any new episodes of Blue's Clues. That's a shame, because my children are just getting into it, and I fear that Nick won't show Blue's Clues as often as it has in the past.

I kind of guessed it was past its prime when Blue's Room was thrown into the mix, Joe started singing new songs (I can't believe someone would want to replace "Now it's time for so long..."), and the clues just drew themselves. In other words, it was getting very gimmicky.

This is the only children's show that my boys will sit through, and they even dance along with Steve or Joe, especially during the "Mail Time" segment! I hope this show lives a long life in reruns or syndication, because I enjoy watching it, too.

It's much more enjoyable than Dora The Explorer or that creepy new show, Lazytown. There's no shouting in Blue's Clues (a la Dora), and there's no techno music or freaky puppets (Lazytown). It seems to me that, in a watered-down market of kid shows, perfectly good shows are being replaced by newer shows (not necessarily better ones) in an effort to attract new viewers. This has resulted in a huge turnover rate, and I can tell that Blue's Clues has fallen victim to its age. It's no longer "fresh". What a shame, but it's still at the top of my list.
  • great show!

this show is great, but i truly prefer steve to joe, no offense to him. i think steve just fit better as far as the owner of the house goes. also, i think that blue has always been amazing. she is such a great dog, i wish i had her
  • Really awesome.

This show was so cool. Steve & Joe are good at this job. It's a good show to watch. If your kids want a challenge & want to learn, this show is for them. Don't let them watch Maggie & the Ferocious Beast. It is a bad show. This show would be of best choice.
  • Compared to Teletubbies, Tweenies and Boobah, this show is genius!

6.2
    This show is ok. Hands down the best kids show and it SO leaves Teletubbies in the dust! This, unlike most drivel that Nick Jr. shows actually TEACHES children something without acting like a complete moron! I liked it back as child and I have the utter most respect for it. Not the best, but compared to the Teletubbies, this show rocks!
  • When I have nothing to watch, I watch this.

Blue's Clues is about this Dog with her owners, Steve and Joe, invite the viewers inside their home to figure out what Blue wants to do today. It is very funny and a great daily fix. I even played this once with a friend of mine and we had so much fun.

I hope this show returns
  • A Classic and a trend setter.

5.7
    Blue's Clues is definately a classic. Though I'm an adult, I actually enjoy watching it every now and then. Although I can't watch to much - I mean it is a kid's show. But it is a wonderful show for the kid's and educational. I recomend this to parents with kids.
  • A decent show for little kids!Sure this show is good when you were younger!

5.3
    This is a great show for little kids and a bad show for big kids.In my opinion this show is really dumb brcause how can a human go shrinking to another world and have some things walking around and talking,like that salt and pepper!In a little kids opinion this is a great show!They like it because it has a dog that talks and goes into a magical world.When you are older don't watch this it will only make you more obssesed with it.I know someone who is and I am deeply ashamed.:(
  • Okay, I'm basing this review off of my 4-year old self. Me being a teen, has no factor in this review, hence, there is no Joe, or ANY of the bad characters that made me hate it.

Blues Clues was a great show as a younger child. I always loved sitting on my couch and watching Steve and Blue find clues to solve Blue's Clues. I always thought Steve's drawings were the best too. I laugh at how I used to feel. It makes me happy to know that such a good show was running back then. I always wondered why Magenta was the guy though. Of course, being a 4-year old boy, thta made me mad. That, however, was the only downside to the show, for me as a kid anyways. Blue's Clues was a great show, and should be remembered for what it was then, not what it IS now.
  • Blue is a puppy that puts her paw prints on three clues. Steve has to deduce the clues (with the help of off screen children) and figure out what Blue wants. It is a fun 20 some minute show for children.

Take an adorable twenty-something guy, a computer animated blue puppy, add a dash of spices (Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper and Paprika to be specific), throw in your favorite preschooler and you have the perfect recipe for a delightful Nick Jr. show. "Blue's Clues," and the format in which it is shown, are simply ingenious. In the show, Steve (the adorable twenty-something guy I mentioned earlier) is the only live action character in an animated world. Every episode, his dog, Blue, has something that she wants to tell Steve, and in order to do this, she goes around the house leaving blue paw prints on clues. While trying to find the clues, Steve often stops to help his friends (Slippery Soap, Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Paprika, Shovel and Pail, the Felt Friends and various others) with some dilemma they may be having (shapes, colors, what doesn't belong, etc). At the end of the show, Steve asks the children's help to figure out what Blue is trying to tell him. There are various songs that remain the same from episode to episode. The songs are simple enough for the child that I baby-sit to sing and dance along with. Each week, the same episode of `Blue's Clues' is shown for five days. The thought process behind this is that the more times a child sees something, the more they pick up from it and the better that they feel about themselves for having learned something. I have seen this plan succeed. On Monday, the four-year-old that I baby-sit asks me what the answers are. I dumb myself down as Steve does on the show in order for the little boy to learn the answers. On Tuesday, he's a little more vocal because he learned some things the day before. On Wednesday, he's interacting with Steve and Blue for a good portion of show. By Thursday, he has everything figured out and answers them easily. On Friday, he's a pro at it and answers the questions before Steve can even get them out of his mouth. `Blue's Clues' is a pleasant and welcome change from other television shows. It is totally interactive and because Steve relies on the kids help to figure things out, it makes them feel like good. Not to mention, it's 25 straight minutes where I don't have to worry about what the child is watching because I feel safe letting him watch "Blue's Clues".

Steve has left the show and is now a musician. I own his cd and it is actually quite good. Joe is his replacement. Anti Joe Pro Steve. I refuse to watch any of the new ones, because Joe is -not- Steve.
  • This is a classic children\'s show.

This show is VERY unique. It involves a dog named Blue, who\'s owner is a man named Joe. Joe tries to figure out what Blue wants by playing a game called Blue\'s Clues. In Blue\'s Clues Blue leaves paw prints on various items. At the end of every episode Joe sits in a chair and figures out what Blue wants. The show has a number of songs that are sang in every episode such as Mail Time, Now it\'s time for so long and many others. Blue has many friends like Salt and Pepper, Shovel and Pail, and Side Table Drawer.
  • This show is a musty have in my house. My young daughter recently went off of her daily Dora fix and is now totally engrossed in Blue's Clues. She is at the age where she is really starting to get the show.

This is one of the best show's on tv for young viewers. My 20 month old recently started needing a daily fix of Blue. IT has been really awesome to watch her start to interact with the show. And she is really learning something as well. She knows spanish words and is learning some social interaction from the show. It is also a show that keeps the parents interested. My wife and I try to guess the clues before the end, and jsut this weekend my wife guessed that it was Sprinkles who is Blue's brother by the time the first clue was shown. It keeps my attention because I am on a mission to find the snails in every episode. For those who do not know what I am talking about, there are two snails hidden in the background of every episode. I am in the process of trying to add them to the notes section of the individual episodes here.
  • In Summary, there's no educational purpose for Blue's Clues

I think Blues Clues has been going downhill. It was much better when Steve was on there. Although the overall theme was the same, he also produced and controlled what went on at the show. After since he left, its been going downhill. His "brother" Joe doesn't even play an instrument. Steve would play his Guitar when the show was signing off. I asked my cousins and they said the show was much better when Steve Burns was on there. Why do we need a stuff duck named boris on the show when we have the star of the show the blue dog. education. however, I did give it a 6 because it does entertain the kids when your tring to rest or too busy to play with them at the moment
  • It's a good show.

I like Blue's Clues. It's about a puppy who leaves her pawprints on 3 things & Joe has to go & find them. then he has to guess what it is. He writes everything down in the Handy Dandy Notebook. The other characters are sidetable Drawer, Pail, Shovel, Tickety-Tock, & Slippery Soap. Some of the other animals in Blue's school are sometimes on it.
  • I love blues clues! i always used to watch it when i was younger! Tommorow is the ten year anniversiry, I cant believe its been on for 10 years already Its mu favorite kids show ever!

Blues clues is bassicly about a guy who has a dog that likes to play blues clues. This is how they play: The guy askes a question to the dog, and the dog give the guy 3 clues with her paw-print. the guy uses the three paw-prints to figure out what the answer is. And in between, they talk about educatinal stuff! You have to watch it. It is great!
  • I used to like this show when I was a preschooler but now, it is just plain creepy.

7.9
    When I was little, I would sit down on the couch and watch a cute little blue dog and the steve guy singing and dance, finding old and new friends, and discovering new things as they look for clues. but todays blues clues is just creepy. now, blue can talk instead of saying his cute little \\\'bows\\\'he used to make and to give us a clue to what he is saying. steve is also replaced with this guy who creeps me out. To me, it would be better to let your preschooler watch something else or watch the old episodes they have on the VHS or DVD.
  • I like it in a different way than it is supposed to be liked.

6.8
    no offenceto blues clues fans, but i don't really like the show, but when i am bored a watch it because it is sorta dumb, again no offence, but it is hillarious out of stupidity,no offence.just the other day i turned on the tv and blues clues was on, i was bored so i watched it and i realized it was really funny because i thought that it was stupid. sometimes stupidity can be funny.
  • Why did I watch that?

5.5
    I don't know why, it isn't a waste of time at all when your a five-year-old. I was 5 year old when I watched it at the first time, and i loved it, but when you see a hundred times, I mean it's always the same story: You must find out what Blue is trying to tell ya, and you always have to help some friends of you who live in the same house, and it isn't fun anymore, why Blue don't let see what he means, and why it's so ridiculous long before he finds it out, that's why it is for kids, little kids who are fond of this show, yust like me when I was young.
  • Cool Show!

Welcome to the Blue's Clues guide at TV.com!

"To empower, to challenge, and build the self-esteem of preschoolers...all while making them laugh!" --- show slogan

Blue's Clues is now celebrating its tenth anniversary. The tenth anniversary special, "Meet Blue's Baby Brother," was a hit. A new album is now out and keep watching for the DVD release of the tenth annivesary special.
  • It's too stupid stupid even for my 2 year old brother. The show seems to make no sense.

I have just seen one episode of this show, because i could not find the TV remote. I thought the soundtrack was kind of catchy or maybe it just stayed in my mind because of the continuous repetition of it after every minute.

The show is mostly about the guy trying to find what the dog wants to do. That's done by finding the clues. What i dont get is why is the Dog blue. Or why half of the things in the house can talk. The worst part is when they go into the picture thing. If they want to make a show for children make one that wont cause the children to go crashing their heads into picture frames.
  • blues clues is a very nice baby show that tells us how steve can find clue of blues

i watch this show enerytime i don't have anything to do
    it kinda makes me happy when i am in the mood steve wwas replace by bily that in the show is his brother
    so that steve can go to college.and i love the team-up or relationship or blue and magenta (great!). steve is always wearing the same shirt so is billy he wants to make his dog safe so sometimes he bring blue to the doctor i love it when mrs. salt gave birth to paprika.and the baby pics tha was shown i don't really watch blue's clues now

it is so cute
  • This show was a big part of my childhood. I loved it!! (Though I hate what's been done to it now.)

Blue's Clues. Almost every little kid in America knows that show. I grew up watching it and it holds so many memories for me. (I don't care what you other people who hate it say. It's such a great show.) Steve was phenomenal and by far the best choice to be Blue's owner. He was genuine and did an amazing job of teaching kids. When I used to watch it, I felt as if he was actually talking to me. I wish that he had stayed. Joe is NOTHING compared to Steve. So you were going bald Steve. The kids won't have cared. You could've even worn a wig. *sigh* Oh well. Blue's Clues had a great run, and it will always be one of my favorites.
  • I used to love Blue's Clue!

Well, I barely ever watch this show anymore but when I was younger I used to love it. This is about a dog named Blue and her owner Steve, and their life. During the show they find three clues, and in the end of the episode Steve goes to his "thinking chair" and puts the three clues together and forms a central image. I used to try and put the clues together but when I came up with an answer, it would always be wrong. I am sad Steve left the show, because he plays the charaxter better than Joe. No one can compare to Steve.
< 1 2 3