Blue's Clues

Nickelodeon (ended 2013)

Blue's Clues Fan Reviews (70)

7.7
  • This is not at all what i thought it would be

I knew this was a kid's show, but i never thought it would be a baby educational show. And when i had to put up with watching it in High School, i was like WTF is this crap? And what was the teacher thinking playing this preschool garbage show for High School students? It's too predictable, too corny, too stupid for words, and i hated it all the way through. After the episodes that i had to put up with watching, i never saw this show ever again. I found Steve to be a dork and the whole show to be dumber than dirt
  • Total mistake.

I feel that this show was a waste of my time as a young child. It could have used some more songs other then the mail song and the "thinking" chair song. They should have picked a different style of artwork for the characters but that's in my humble opinion. Some people will disagree with me on this but I personally think that the Steve guy was really weird. He always had the same style clothes on green with triangles.... I suppose that it made it easy on children to recognize him. I have no clue what Nick was thinking but I'm glad that I don't have to worry about it anymore.
  • One word about this show: garbage!

0.0
    I hate this show so much I could spit. Eveything is done in patterns of three, What the hell? Plus Steve, now Joe act so stinking stupid for the kids that it sucks big time. I never trash the old nick jr shows because they are classic show that I grew-up on. The stuff on now can not hold a candle to the old shows like Gula gula Island.
  • It's too stupid stupid even for my 2 year old brother. The show seems to make no sense.

I have just seen one episode of this show, because i could not find the TV remote. I thought the soundtrack was kind of catchy or maybe it just stayed in my mind because of the continuous repetition of it after every minute.

The show is mostly about the guy trying to find what the dog wants to do. That's done by finding the clues. What i dont get is why is the Dog blue. Or why half of the things in the house can talk. The worst part is when they go into the picture thing. If they want to make a show for children make one that wont cause the children to go crashing their heads into picture frames.
    Who thought of this? I never liked this show, even when I was little I didn\\\'t like it. All the songs that they sing are so stupid. They need to take singing lessons. And what\\\'s up with everything being alive? Every single object can talk. Blues Clues is just so messed up.
  • Used to be good,now it isn't.

4.8
    I used to love Blue's Clue's.I began watching it when it first came out.Blue could not talk and Steve was in it.Then it began to change.Joe came on the show.I was sad,but I decided to give Joe a chance.However,I knew from the start he will never be as good as Steve,and I was right.Joe just wasn't as good as Steve.Steve must have had something really important going on to just want to leave like that.Then they let Joe go,but Joe will never be that good.When Blue was able to talk,I had to stop watching.Giving Blue the abilty to talk ruined the show.The reason why Blue leaves clues is because she cn't talk.If she can talk,it defeats the purpose of the show.And she sounds like a boy.It's like they changed her gender!I hate to say this,but I think they ran out ideas.They should just end the show.
  • In Summary, there's no educational purpose for Blue's Clues

I think Blues Clues has been going downhill. It was much better when Steve was on there. Although the overall theme was the same, he also produced and controlled what went on at the show. After since he left, its been going downhill. His "brother" Joe doesn't even play an instrument. Steve would play his Guitar when the show was signing off. I asked my cousins and they said the show was much better when Steve Burns was on there. Why do we need a stuff duck named boris on the show when we have the star of the show the blue dog. education. however, I did give it a 6 because it does entertain the kids when your tring to rest or too busy to play with them at the moment
  • It's a good show.

I like Blue's Clues. It's about a puppy who leaves her pawprints on 3 things & Joe has to go & find them. then he has to guess what it is. He writes everything down in the Handy Dandy Notebook. The other characters are sidetable Drawer, Pail, Shovel, Tickety-Tock, & Slippery Soap. Some of the other animals in Blue's school are sometimes on it.
  • I really do not like this show, but I did when I was younger but now I don't like it.

2.1
    accually I almost hate it but it is for like 2-5 year olds but still I pratically hate it it was hard for me to even come here also the reason I give it a 2.1 is that I liked it when I was 3-4. And thats all I have to say.
  • A decent show for little kids!Sure this show is good when you were younger!

5.3
    This is a great show for little kids and a bad show for big kids.In my opinion this show is really dumb brcause how can a human go shrinking to another world and have some things walking around and talking,like that salt and pepper!In a little kids opinion this is a great show!They like it because it has a dog that talks and goes into a magical world.When you are older don't watch this it will only make you more obssesed with it.I know someone who is and I am deeply ashamed.:(
  • Why did I watch that?

5.5
    I don't know why, it isn't a waste of time at all when your a five-year-old. I was 5 year old when I watched it at the first time, and i loved it, but when you see a hundred times, I mean it's always the same story: You must find out what Blue is trying to tell ya, and you always have to help some friends of you who live in the same house, and it isn't fun anymore, why Blue don't let see what he means, and why it's so ridiculous long before he finds it out, that's why it is for kids, little kids who are fond of this show, yust like me when I was young.
  • Compared to Teletubbies, Tweenies and Boobah, this show is genius!

6.2
    This show is ok. Hands down the best kids show and it SO leaves Teletubbies in the dust! This, unlike most drivel that Nick Jr. shows actually TEACHES children something without acting like a complete moron! I liked it back as child and I have the utter most respect for it. Not the best, but compared to the Teletubbies, this show rocks!
  • This Educational Show is pretty Decent well at least the old school Blue's clues and Screw the New Blue's Clues and Blue's Room, It was so Yesterday.

6.8
    My 91st Review after a God awful Educational cartoon, "Firehouse Tales"

This is one of the most Fairest Shows on Nick jr it's also the only old school Nick jr show Left but they are still making new epiosdes. The new epiosdes suck butt and they were getting stale and Pasted their prime. Steve was better then Joe, Joe can kiss my Tan Butt! Screw that son of a *beep*!!! He's the true Reason why Joe ruined the Entire show. this show is better then Dora the Explorer because when she talks to the viewers they're wern't any Kids voices and if the viewers did Not say anything, she still got it. Dora's So Flipping Stupid. is Live action and Cartoon Combined. It's just about the same old thing every epiosde, First it starts off with steve or Joe, and they see what blue is or what she wants to do, They play this annoying game called: "Blue's Clues!" Then They get their "Handy Dandy Notebook" from "Side Table Drawer"! Then they sing that annoying song and it gets so Old after the very first Episode! Then they look for clues, Well Blue's Paw-prints are on the clues. "Blue's Clues"! when steve or joe say: "blue's clues" there is sound putted on top of the saying just about all the dang time. That gets so annoying it makes you and me wanna plug OUR ears Dang it! During their quest for clues they sometimes see their friends or Skiadoo into paintings, Pictures, Books, Computers, Game Boards or Dreams for a hidden clue either one out of three clues of the epiosde once they got all 3 clues they sit down in their thinking chair and "Think!" then they put the clues together and steve was better because he sometimes goofs around and I STILL laugh at that! then the 2nd time they try to solve the puzzle, steve really gets serious and they figure it out and they sing: "We Just Figured out blue's clues" Which is just about the same as the song in the Beginning of the Epsiode and then they do what blue wants and then the show ends and sing the "So Long!" Song! Now Finally the Grade, Maybe.... a B-. Here the Results:

Voice-acting: B 7.0/10.0 Solid and Decent.

Animation: A 8.5/10.0 very cute and Charming.

Graphics: D-- 4.0/10.0 Poor Movement Frame-rate on the Graphics.

Sound: E 3.0/10.0 The Blue's clues song once they grab their: "Handy Dandy Notebook" Gives me a Headache! Dialouge: C 6.0/10.0 Well at least it's better then Dora the Explorer because the scripts for THIS show, Barely made SENSE! Educational Value: A 8.0/10.0 In fact, very good indeed. With full of education Systems like: Math, Scinece, Social Skills, and Early Literacy, This show is very decent.

Lasting Appeal: C-- 5.0/10.0 It's pretty much the same thing every epiosde and mostly the new epiosdes.

Overall: B- 6.8/10.0 I might be a little too old for this stuff but if you're a fan of this show, then this is the show for YOU! Well, that's all for this decent toddlers show, Good Night Everyone.
  • I like it in a different way than it is supposed to be liked.

6.8
    no offenceto blues clues fans, but i don't really like the show, but when i am bored a watch it because it is sorta dumb, again no offence, but it is hillarious out of stupidity,no offence.just the other day i turned on the tv and blues clues was on, i was bored so i watched it and i realized it was really funny because i thought that it was stupid. sometimes stupidity can be funny.
  • Alittle too childish for my taste.

blues clues is about an animated dog and his human owner joe and steve steve leaves the show to amke room for joe mid way through tuhe series. it teaches kids good values and edutcates them above problem solving and other things. i watched it whne i was a kid and look how i turned out! its a great great great show i wish it atill came on but sadly it doesnt. it should come on on noggin sometimes atleast once a week. Nikc MUST start airing the early episodes sometime soon or ill crack up. the later episodes arent as good.
  • I used to like this show when I was a preschooler but now, it is just plain creepy.

7.9
    When I was little, I would sit down on the couch and watch a cute little blue dog and the steve guy singing and dance, finding old and new friends, and discovering new things as they look for clues. but todays blues clues is just creepy. now, blue can talk instead of saying his cute little \\\'bows\\\'he used to make and to give us a clue to what he is saying. steve is also replaced with this guy who creeps me out. To me, it would be better to let your preschooler watch something else or watch the old episodes they have on the VHS or DVD.
  • This is a classic children\'s show.

This show is VERY unique. It involves a dog named Blue, who\'s owner is a man named Joe. Joe tries to figure out what Blue wants by playing a game called Blue\'s Clues. In Blue\'s Clues Blue leaves paw prints on various items. At the end of every episode Joe sits in a chair and figures out what Blue wants. The show has a number of songs that are sang in every episode such as Mail Time, Now it\'s time for so long and many others. Blue has many friends like Salt and Pepper, Shovel and Pail, and Side Table Drawer.
  • Blue is a puppy that puts her paw prints on three clues. Steve has to deduce the clues (with the help of off screen children) and figure out what Blue wants. It is a fun 20 some minute show for children.

Take an adorable twenty-something guy, a computer animated blue puppy, add a dash of spices (Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper and Paprika to be specific), throw in your favorite preschooler and you have the perfect recipe for a delightful Nick Jr. show. "Blue's Clues," and the format in which it is shown, are simply ingenious. In the show, Steve (the adorable twenty-something guy I mentioned earlier) is the only live action character in an animated world. Every episode, his dog, Blue, has something that she wants to tell Steve, and in order to do this, she goes around the house leaving blue paw prints on clues. While trying to find the clues, Steve often stops to help his friends (Slippery Soap, Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Paprika, Shovel and Pail, the Felt Friends and various others) with some dilemma they may be having (shapes, colors, what doesn't belong, etc). At the end of the show, Steve asks the children's help to figure out what Blue is trying to tell him. There are various songs that remain the same from episode to episode. The songs are simple enough for the child that I baby-sit to sing and dance along with. Each week, the same episode of `Blue's Clues' is shown for five days. The thought process behind this is that the more times a child sees something, the more they pick up from it and the better that they feel about themselves for having learned something. I have seen this plan succeed. On Monday, the four-year-old that I baby-sit asks me what the answers are. I dumb myself down as Steve does on the show in order for the little boy to learn the answers. On Tuesday, he's a little more vocal because he learned some things the day before. On Wednesday, he's interacting with Steve and Blue for a good portion of show. By Thursday, he has everything figured out and answers them easily. On Friday, he's a pro at it and answers the questions before Steve can even get them out of his mouth. `Blue's Clues' is a pleasant and welcome change from other television shows. It is totally interactive and because Steve relies on the kids help to figure things out, it makes them feel like good. Not to mention, it's 25 straight minutes where I don't have to worry about what the child is watching because I feel safe letting him watch "Blue's Clues".

Steve has left the show and is now a musician. I own his cd and it is actually quite good. Joe is his replacement. Anti Joe Pro Steve. I refuse to watch any of the new ones, because Joe is -not- Steve.
  • A great show I found alot of fun when I was a child.

“Blue’s Clues” is one of those Nick Jr. shows that does not drive me to kick the creator’s ass. It originally starred Steve and his blue dog, Blue (of course). Every day, Blue leaves Steve with three clues that pertain to what Blue wants to do for the day. These “clues” are actually Blue’s paw prints on objects that relate to the activity she wants to do. Everytime that Steve finds one of Blue’s clues, he writes them down (actually, he draws them) on his handy dandy… his handy dandy… HIS HANDY DANDY…?! (“Notebook!”) Notebook!

“Blue’s Clues” is another one of those interactive children’s shows that counts on you (the viewer) to help Steve in his search for clues and finding out what Blue wants to do. But, unlike some other interactive shows, a girl’s voice coming from out of nowhere shouts out the answer. I think this idea is better than the “moment of silence” treatment because it tells you the answer and brings you a better understanding of what is going on (if you are slow, that is). Take this little example…

VOICE FROM NOWHERE: “A clue! A clue!”
    STEVE: “A clue? Where?”
    VOICE FROM NOWHERE: “On the box of condoms!”
    STEVE: “…Cut! Cut! Cut! I thought we wouldn’t make a sex episode!”

While other shows like “Dora the Explorer” do this…

DORA: “What are we going to do with this obviously rotten tomato sandwich?”
    *Dora stares at you with her big, creepy eyes for five seconds*
    DORA: “Yeah! Eat it! Good job, amigo! Give yourself a pat on the back!”
    *You pat yourself on the back, knowing you did not do anything*

After Steve Burns’s departure from Blue’s Clues in the early millennium due to college purposes, his brother Joe takes his place! While Joe does not liven up the show like his brother did, I still found him a great replacement for Steve, albeit he was not as dramatic.

JOE: “Oh. We found a clue. Yayyy…”

Still, I loved this show as a child. Actually, this was the only show I loved as a child. Regardless, though, I will not be watching it anymore because it is too low-grade-level for me. I will still miss the show, however.
  • blues clues is a very nice baby show that tells us how steve can find clue of blues

i watch this show enerytime i don't have anything to do
    it kinda makes me happy when i am in the mood steve wwas replace by bily that in the show is his brother
    so that steve can go to college.and i love the team-up or relationship or blue and magenta (great!). steve is always wearing the same shirt so is billy he wants to make his dog safe so sometimes he bring blue to the doctor i love it when mrs. salt gave birth to paprika.and the baby pics tha was shown i don't really watch blue's clues now

it is so cute
  • Okay, I'm basing this review off of my 4-year old self. Me being a teen, has no factor in this review, hence, there is no Joe, or ANY of the bad characters that made me hate it.

Blues Clues was a great show as a younger child. I always loved sitting on my couch and watching Steve and Blue find clues to solve Blue's Clues. I always thought Steve's drawings were the best too. I laugh at how I used to feel. It makes me happy to know that such a good show was running back then. I always wondered why Magenta was the guy though. Of course, being a 4-year old boy, thta made me mad. That, however, was the only downside to the show, for me as a kid anyways. Blue's Clues was a great show, and should be remembered for what it was then, not what it IS now.
  • 10 Stars For The Steve Episodes

This review is specifically directed towards the Steve Burns era of Blues Clues, from 1996-2002, because the Donovan Patton episodes weren't that good.

Like any preschooler, I enjoyed Blues Clues when I was young, and watching it again at 18 years old brings back a lot of memories. The mail song, the handy-dandy notebook, the thinking chair, I could go on and on and on about how much I remember this show. This is also a very good show for preschoolers, as it teaches them to solve clues without making them turn into negligent morons like some of the newer Nick Jr shows do. Even the Donovan Patton episodes are good for preschoolers, though personally I don't like them because the feeling was not the same as it was with Steve Burns, who is does a very good job on the show. Thank God that it's still on, though not as much as other newer shows.

• Loved this show since I was born

It's where Steve quit and was replaced by Joe when I quit watching this show. I mean, I HATED the newer episodes that excluded Steve and only mentioned him by the phone.
  • I Loved this Show

I was actually in my teens when I first watched this show. Even though it was meant for preschool kids, I still enjoyed solving the problems as well. The show is about a man named Steve and his puppy Blue. Whenever Blue wants to do something, he would magically jump into various pictures and play a game of Blue's Clues, which is when Blue would leave a blue paw print on an object. When Steve would find the object he would draw the object on a notebook, helping teach kids to draw. There were always three clues to be found. In addition to finding the clue's, Steve would always have other objectives to solve. After finding all three clue's, Steve would have to solve what all three objects had in common, which would always be solved by the kids. This was very educational for kids and even I admit I got stumped at times.
  • I love this Blue's Clues!

I remember absolutely LOVEING this show when I was little. I still love it, and it's till worth watching.

This show is educational, but it's borderline cute. It deserves a good score.

Humour: n/a.

This show doesn't need humour. It's got extremely cute characters, and such nostaligy... Humour? What's humour?
    That's what I was like when I was five or so.

Education factor: 8.0.

It's so nostaligic, it's good. I remeber getting a few peices of paper and trying to imitate Steve's handy dandy notebook. I was smiling like a bunny.

Overall: 9.0.

This is one of the few educational shows I still enjoy watching to this day. Viva Blue's Clues!
  • A show that I loved when I was little!

Blue's Clues premiered in 1996 and it was one of my favorite shows growing up. Well I'm still growing up, but I meant that I loved this show when I was little. Of course, the ones with Steve. My little brother started watching it when Joe was in it, but then I was like, Steve is better!! And I still think that now. They play brothers in the show, but not in real life. And I was so stupid I thought that Blue was a boy! :P lol My favorite characters were Salt and Pepper ad I also liked the Side Table person thingy. lol I don't know what I just said. :P
  • This show was a personal favorite when I was little. Too bad it's gone now. I started the idea of preschool show's with audience participation!

This show was a personal favorite when I was little. Too bad it's gone now. I started the idea of preschool show's with audience participation! I loved it when I was little. Blue's Room was a favorite of my little brother's. I seriously wish this show would come back on. But I truly felt that when Steve left, popularity dropped. Blue's Room was fine, but it couldn't fill in the whole between Blue and Steve. Joe was very annoying in my opionion. There should be more shows like Blue's Clues where humans interact with animated characters! I miss this show and will always be a devoted fan!
  • This show was a big part of my childhood. I loved it!! (Though I hate what's been done to it now.)

Blue's Clues. Almost every little kid in America knows that show. I grew up watching it and it holds so many memories for me. (I don't care what you other people who hate it say. It's such a great show.) Steve was phenomenal and by far the best choice to be Blue's owner. He was genuine and did an amazing job of teaching kids. When I used to watch it, I felt as if he was actually talking to me. I wish that he had stayed. Joe is NOTHING compared to Steve. So you were going bald Steve. The kids won't have cared. You could've even worn a wig. *sigh* Oh well. Blue's Clues had a great run, and it will always be one of my favorites.
  • A childhood favorite

Back when I was a child, this show was not only my favorite show or a show, but it was THE children's show for me. I never liked Barney, Teletubbies, or any of those other shows, only because they creped me out beyond anything. However this show was always fun to watch, it didn't have little children running around or have grown adults acting too far into a children's actions, nor did it have crazy puppet like creatures running around and singing.

This was a fun, educational program where you actually had to solve certain things by using clues, it wasn't like some where you didn't even have to think to solve something, you definitely had to use your head. Of course, I liked Steve better and I kept up with the show for years, but as time passed, I grew from the show and decided not to watch it. However, if it's ever on, I may just slip over to the show and watch it every now and then. Still a good show to watch I suppose, it is interesting to watch when there's nothing better on. I still enjoy it, I'm guilty, but it's better than most other children shows out there, in my opinion.
  • When I was little this was the best show in the world!

I always loved the idea of objects coming to life and interacting with humans, as silly as that may sound it's true! I loved this show when I was little, I kind of stopped watching after Steve left. I didn't HATE Joe he just wasn't as good! I love all the characters especially Mailbox. My favorite characters were alway Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, and Paprika. I didn't remember much until I found some old eps on ON DEMAND. Blue was such a fun little dog! Then I remembered how much I loved it. Now I'm obsessed with it again. I love Blue.
< 1 2 3