Blue's Clues

Nickelodeon (ended 2006)

Blue's Clues Fan Reviews (72)

• lues clues rocked!..

i was obsessed with BC when i was little. i even had a giant plush of blue. anyway, this show was the best till steve left=[ after that, blue's clues wasnt the same. the show's quality ws execellent when it started but started losing it after joe came in. this show was one of my childhood favorites. i feel sorry for the kids who havent seen this. blue's clues is very educational for the kids. parents, if you have any kids, & if you happen to hav any blue's clues tapes, then show it to em so they can see nick jr.'s shows from its glory days.
  • Good show for children.

This is great for children around. It has alot of essential things needed IRL.

Plot: It's about Steve and his pet blue. They make exciting things around! And blue knows them all! But Steve has to know what to make!

Characters: Average, it has some talking objects, but not as plenty as Dora The Explorer. It went a little downhill when Joe replaced Steve.

Value: Very great. This will teach how to make the kids more indepedent in things and searching. For example, look for the green folder, in this show, look for the paper with a pawprint in it. The pawprint makes the scavenging hunt more easier because it's aimed at kids 5 below. It can also help on some school projects.

Art: Nice, that's how the animation works in that era.

Overall: 9. This is one of the good childhood shows around. Teaches kids good things.
  • Wow!!! I can't believe I was a little boy when this cartoon came out and whenever I watch reruns once in a while... it brings back my childhood memories

This was one of my favorite little kids cartoon and I still enjoy watching this little kids cartoon even though I'm older now. I wish this cartoon was still on television and "Dora the Explorer" would already be canceled. This is what you call an enjoyable little kids cartoon. I was sad when I found out that this cartoon got canceled when I was little. Once in a while, I would watch the reruns of this cartoon and I would absolutely enjoy it. Whenever I need my childhood memories back... this cartoon helps me with that and makes me smile because I would say to myself "Man, I can't believe how fast the years have gone by... this cartoon sure gave me a wonderful childhood memory because I enjoy it so much". I love of the characters in this cartoon. The only irritating thing about this cartoon (now that I'm older) is that it takes Steve (or Joe) forever to look at the clue. Blue is one of my favorite characters and she will always be in my heart. Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper were also very good characters. I also loved Shovel and Pail. There were a couple of more characters in this cartoon that I really liked as well. Overall, whenever I need to look back at my childhood memories... I watch this cartoon because this cartoon is my childhood memory and it will always stay in my heart... I love you "Blue's Clues" and thanks for bringing me so much happiness from when I was a little boy and even now that I'm older. 10/10
  • Great Show Until "Joe" Came In

I loved to watch this when I was little. I just figured out a few years ago that Blue was a girl! The characters are so cute and Steve is cool, too. When I was little I made my own "Handy Dandy Notebook" and I had little crayons and everything. Joe kind of killed it though. He wasn't as funny. He reminded me of Josh from Drake and Josh.
  • It brings back childhood memories.

I remember this show when i was seven, it was the most awesome show i've ever seen soo cool that even teenager will like this show. Well decades ago it wasn't Joe will host on Blue Clues it was Steve well many people wanted to know what ever happened to Steve
    well i don't know what ever happened to Steve. It is actually a kids show and educational for little kids. Even a teenager will love this show in my opinion. Although it is not an animated cartoon. The host of the show is now Joe well i don't have an argument of him.
  • Loved The Show

Blue's Clues: An old time Nick classic. Perfect for any growing child in preschool. 10/10

(500th Review. :D)
  • One of my Childhood Favorites!

I LOVED this show when I was little. It's just.. how could somebody not love it?

Charaters: 7/10- I loved all the charaters except for when Joe came in. I liked Steve so much better, and Joe kind of ruined it for me.

Plots: 10/10- Cute, and not hard for young children.

Orginality: 10/10- That's obvious. The charaters go into paintings and books!

Animation (or charaters like Blue and Perriwinkle Cat): 5/10- The charaters just mainly hop around, but still.

• memories

blue puts pawprints on various things around the house, and blue's owner steve (or joe, depending what era you're watching) have to find them and figure out what blue wants to do at the end of the day, and then they do it.

childhood nostalgia show right here. i watched this show like every day and i really liked it. i do not know how i would feel about it if i watched it now, but i do think it is an overall good show, and so my grade for the show is an easy and well deserved (IMO) A+
  • Great show for kids!

I don't really like this now since I'm a teen now, but I LOVED it when I was young. I started watching this when I was probably two years old, but I don't remember when I stopped watching it. I always loved it more than Dora the Explorer. I think it's a great, fun show for little kids. It's flawless. No bad grammar and no bad behavior that kids will imitate. It teaches kids to be adventurous, creative, and outgoing. I highly recommend it to parents who are looking for a good show for their children to watch. I loved Blue, Magenta, Periwinkle, and everyone else! I was kinda disappointed when Steve left the show, but I still liked it when Joe was in it. I loved it, so I'm sure lots of kids will, too.

Animation: A+
    Characters: A+
    Education: A+
    Dialogue: A+
    Entertainment/Fun: A+
    Overall score: A+
  • I love blues clues! i always used to watch it when i was younger! Tommorow is the ten year anniversiry, I cant believe its been on for 10 years already Its mu favorite kids show ever!

Blues clues is bassicly about a guy who has a dog that likes to play blues clues. This is how they play: The guy askes a question to the dog, and the dog give the guy 3 clues with her paw-print. the guy uses the three paw-prints to figure out what the answer is. And in between, they talk about educatinal stuff! You have to watch it. It is great!
  • About a dog named Blue and her friend Steve (currently Joe) who learn about shapes, numbers, how to treat others and why friends are important. A nice pre-schooler show.

I always like this show when I was younger. I personally prefer Steve over Joe, but it still teaches the same lessons that prepare kids for school. I still sometimes watch this show (when I'm sick from school, flipping through channels... not like I Tivo it or anything...) but if I had to recommend any show to young children, I would definatly recommend "Blues Clues". All the characters on the show are friendly and colorful and make it fun for kids to learn. It's easy to see why this show is a classic amongst children. All the songs are catchy and easy to remember. "Blues clues Bluuuees clueees! Gotta' find another paw print, thats the second clue! Put it in our note book Blue's clues Bluuuues cluees!"

Okay first off I'm going to say I liked only the episodes with Steve in them, they were really original, then Joe came and I didn't like the change. I feel kind of embarrassed to write a review of this show...since it's for the young ones. :P I still like to keep video tapes to remember the good episodes of Blues Clues. Also I heard when Joe came Steve went off a became a rockstar, but I kind of think that's a rumor. I was never used to the change to Joe because Steve was classic and silly and he's the actor I grew up with, also when Blue was a puppet and started to talk, that's when Blues Clues just went way downhill. So come on Nick bring back this show and put Steve back on! Final grade: C
  • I used to watch this show and I kind of like it.

This used to be one of my favorite shows.This show is about a dog thats a girl name Blue and his owner Steve and he plays Blues Clues only to find a clue to find out what Blue wants to do.This was one of my favorite shows better than Dora The Explorer.I pretty much used to like this show and I still have one video on tape of it.I grade this show a B because it really was my favorite children show and it was really better than all of the childish shows and it was better than Yo Gabba Gabba.
  • My Greatest Childhood Along With The Big Comfy Couch.

I loved this show when I was a young kid, and I'll always will love this show, even when I'm growing up. Because Blue's Clues is my favorite Nick Jr. Shows and it is much much better than lots of other cheesy shows that Nick Jr. has today. Honestly, The Big Comfy Couch & Blue's Clues will always be on my sacred heart of love because these two children TV Show is so much better than lots and lots of cheesy and corny children show that they put on today. I'll recommend my kids to watch this show, and have a childlike life. So yeah, I give this kid's Thumbs Up!!!!!
  • The best show in the history of children TV shows! PERIOD!

The Blue puppy. The host(s). The paw prints clues. The notebooks. The red chair. The Skidooing. The magenta and green puppies. The cats. The kangaroo. The mailbox, soap bar, clock, drawer, salt, pepper, paprika, cinnamon, the shovel, the pail, the felt friends, the pink snail and all the characters: These are all parts of one the best, if not the best, children television shows that I've ever seen in the whole of my life! I'm talking ,of course, about Blue's Clues! Blue's Clues has been on for over 10 years, and it's still one of the most unique shows ever! The show is about a little blue puppy who's name is simply Blue. She lives in a house with he family and friends, and her best friend Steve, played by Steven Burns, and she loves to play a game called "Blue's Clues". To play all you need are some paw prints, a notebook, a chair, and, of course, the clues! Whenever there was a problem in the house, the school, the neighborhood, or anywhere for that matter, Blue would quickly think of an answer and jump to the screen and leave a giant paw print on it: that means she wanted to play Blue's Clues! Then Steve would erase the paw print from the screen in thousands of ways and then get his handy dandy notebook from side table drawer, a draw character, and starts singing to the viewers about the rules of the game. Then he starts looking around the house for the clues, the clues have to be anything with Blue's paw prints on it. Sometimes, he would have to follow Blue when she jumps, or "Skidoo" as the say, into a picture frame, book, board game-Basically into anything that's not a real doorway. That's my favorite part of the show. Then when he got all 3 clues he would go back to the living room and go to the Thinking Chair, a red chair where he thinks of the answer to the clues. And once he would solve it he would sing: "We just figured out Blue's clues!
    We just figured out Blue's clues!
    We just figured out Blue's clues!
    We just figured out Blue's clues,
    Because we're really smart!"

But on the 3-part episode in Season 5, Steve's younger, but taller brother, Joe burns, played by Donovan Patton, was put in his place when Steve "went to collage". (In reality, Steve Burns quit because he was going bald.) Whether it's Steve, Joe, Blue or anyone, Blue's Clues will always be in the hearts of children all over the world, young and old.
  • It was good untill Joe came...

Best show for little kids from 2 to 6 or something.I used to love this show,and heck I still do!At least with Steve....Joe made it suck eggs!!!!!!I wish Steve never went bald!:[Joe for one sucks at singing.My ears turn inside out[if they could]!!!!!!!!!They also made blues room[WHAT THE HECK PPL?!].When Steve was on,I used to [and sometimes still do] sit on the couch and watch it all day[maybe thats an exaggeration]!I love Blues clues[with Steve],My little sister loves it,and even MOM loves it!!!!Best little kids show ever!Makes Wonder pets look like peasants[no offense I like your show a little too]!
  • When I have nothing to watch, I watch this.

Blue's Clues is about this Dog with her owners, Steve and Joe, invite the viewers inside their home to figure out what Blue wants to do today. It is very funny and a great daily fix. I even played this once with a friend of mine and we had so much fun.

I hope this show returns
  • It's a great show that teaches kids many things including counting, patience, colors etc

Blue's Clues is a children's show centered on a young man and his dog Blue. At the beginning to the series the man's name is Steve, but after the first few seasons his brother Joe comes to live in the house because Steve goes away to college. Blue plays a game of marking things with her paw print (clues) and after three are found we figure out what she wants. It's a great show that teaches kids many things including counting, patience, colors etc. My daughter watches it everyday, and I highly recommend this show to any parent for their children.
  • Educational program for children to watch if they do watch TV one of mine and the childrens first picks. It is also only 30 min so it is not a strugle to get then to ture it off and change activities.

Educational program for children to watch if they do watch TV one of mine and the childrens first picks. It is also only 30 min so it is not a strugle to get then to ture it off and change activities. Space is alowed for the children to inter act and the correct anser is ginen insted of praise.

To get a clue... and solve the scavenger hunt with each episode and with the host... neat cartoon for your child to see!
  • A Classic and a trend setter.

Blue's Clues is definately a classic. Though I'm an adult, I actually enjoy watching it every now and then. Although I can't watch to much - I mean it is a kid's show. But it is a wonderful show for the kid's and educational. I recomend this to parents with kids.
  • Entertaining

Yes, this show breaks the fourth wall in almost every episode, but it's really enjoyable after all. It's actually EDUCATIONAL, unlike other Nick Jr. shows. In this show, they teach math, how to draw, numbers, ABC's, etc. There are talking inanimate objects, but not a lot, unlike *cough cough* Dora the Explorer *cough cough*.

I wish they can bring this show back someday.

My grade: A++
  • greatest little kids show of all time

im going to be a freshmen for school this year. and i use to watch this show all the time with steve (i never watched joe. i hate joe) and now i watch it with my niece who just loves this show. if u have a kid this is a great show to learn things. it a really great learning show. in one episode u might be learning about one thing. but then u think about what blues clue is going to be. and all the people you have to help along the way.

this is a great kids show and whenever i watch it, it really brings me back to when i was a care free kid.
  • It's such a creative little show; I hope it stays on, even if it's just reruns!

I heard through the grapevine that there won't be any new episodes of Blue's Clues. That's a shame, because my children are just getting into it, and I fear that Nick won't show Blue's Clues as often as it has in the past.

I kind of guessed it was past its prime when Blue's Room was thrown into the mix, Joe started singing new songs (I can't believe someone would want to replace "Now it's time for so long..."), and the clues just drew themselves. In other words, it was getting very gimmicky.

This is the only children's show that my boys will sit through, and they even dance along with Steve or Joe, especially during the "Mail Time" segment! I hope this show lives a long life in reruns or syndication, because I enjoy watching it, too.

It's much more enjoyable than Dora The Explorer or that creepy new show, Lazytown. There's no shouting in Blue's Clues (a la Dora), and there's no techno music or freaky puppets (Lazytown). It seems to me that, in a watered-down market of kid shows, perfectly good shows are being replaced by newer shows (not necessarily better ones) in an effort to attract new viewers. This has resulted in a huge turnover rate, and I can tell that Blue's Clues has fallen victim to its age. It's no longer "fresh". What a shame, but it's still at the top of my list.
  • I love this show!

I love Blue's clues :D. Let Me explain its about steve/joe and blue playing a game cald Blue's clues. blue Puts Paw Prints On clues What thes clues are is what blue want to do we go to the thinking chair and think. PROS: incurges kids to think,Every episode has diffent values,steve,lots or stuff. if you never seen it watch it their are dvds for it! this is acutout anamatiad show.

Cons: Joe. joe ruin this Great show. WHY WHY NICKELODEON.

Overall This show Rocks :) you can find it on Nick their actives,and games.

• Great, educational show, moves at just the right speed!

Great show. Learns basic skills, as well as how to discover and reason, yet moves at a lively pace. Unlike Dora which seems to drag along, Blues Clues is really a great, healthy show.

I also like the fact that, while a formula based show, Blues Clues does deviate its' style frequently. Again, much better than Dora's repetition!
  • It was okay.

I'm Hungarian and our Nickelodeon didn't aired Blue's Clues but I watched it on the Internet when I was little. It was a good show, I liked it. It is an okay show.
  • 10 Stars For The Steve Episodes

This review is specifically directed towards the Steve Burns era of Blues Clues, from 1996-2002, because the Donovan Patton episodes weren't that good.

Like any preschooler, I enjoyed Blues Clues when I was young, and watching it again at 18 years old brings back a lot of memories. The mail song, the handy-dandy notebook, the thinking chair, I could go on and on and on about how much I remember this show. This is also a very good show for preschoolers, as it teaches them to solve clues without making them turn into negligent morons like some of the newer Nick Jr shows do. Even the Donovan Patton episodes are good for preschoolers, though personally I don't like them because the feeling was not the same as it was with Steve Burns, who is does a very good job on the show. Thank God that it's still on, though not as much as other newer shows.

• Loved this show since I was born

It's where Steve quit and was replaced by Joe when I quit watching this show. I mean, I HATED the newer episodes that excluded Steve and only mentioned him by the phone.
  • Grew up watching