Blue's Clues

Steve Goes To College (3)

Aired Weekdays 10:30 AM Apr 29, 2002 on Nickelodeon

• A real tearjerker for the young, and young at heart... but mostly the young.

As of this episode, a whole new thing begins, as Steve does the unthinkable: He's leaving the show! Apparently Steve has made the decision to follow on of his dreams and go to college, and he's leaving Joe to run things while he is gone. Now that's a pretty mature decision to be made on a children's show, but that's what I love about it. Sure, Joe takes over the show, and the show is in for some big changes. But this is one of the things that makes this show one of the tops. It may have been a little heart-wrenching, but even little kids should know that sometimes changes just happen, and it's not always pleasant. But the important thing of it is how you look at it. Yes, people go and things are missed, but that's life. The most important thing is that you acknowledge that it's not gone forever in every way. The memory of Steve has always been there in the show, and not just from when he's made guest appearances and re-runs. And you have to understand that Steve Burns only made this drastic decision because there was so much more he wanted to do in life, more than just being on popular children programing. (Plus, his hair was going out). Anyway, though it may have been a big change in the show, at least we know, even at an early age, that things just come to an end, but sometimes it leads to new beginnings. And yes, I know that Joe is no Steve and you would think Blue could tell the difference. But there's always room for a new friend I guess, and Steve will always be part of the show no matter what. I salute to you, Steve of Blues Clues; So long, and far well!
  • i feel sorry for steve to leve this episode and this episode may break your heart and can make you sad i think

this is the last time steve collet the mail and at the beegining this episode this is the last time the camerea zooms in to the blues clues book this is the last time steve played blues clues with joe and this is the last time steve skidooed and steve enjoyed his party and we all helped joe read steves messege it says dear steve today you'r going to collge to learn about music and art we will all miss you love your friends and family. and steve wants to take his card to collige becaues it would remind him of us and blue went to collet steves presasnt and it is a phone and steve asks blue if she wants him to bring a phone to collige and steve puts it in his bag and steve huged blue and says to her that hell miss him and he says to us that he wont forget how we helped him find of those clues with him and he asks us if we can take care of joe and all the charicters say goodbye to him and before he leves he thanked us again and left and joe ask us if steve will like it at collige and the next sence of joe and blue play hide and seek and steve called us and us that he misses us
  • Even though i never watched the show...my brother did...now im grown up ,i really dont like Joe.Steve would connect..when Joe appeared,we stoped watching it.Now when Steve is on,everyone is happy.Joe is not a good character.

This episode is very life changing to the show.When Steve goes to college and leaves his brother Joe in charge...the house is not the same.This was the last appearance of Steve,the man who did Blue's Clues for nintey-one episodes,the complete first through forth seasons.Why would he want to leave such a great job like Blue's Clues?I sure Wouldn't.Anyways I think all the kids who enjoyed the show with Steve for many years,did not deserve to watch him leave.Sorry Joe,I really believed that Steve did a better job interacting and just being him.Hopefully we will be able to see Steve for one last time.