Blue's Clues

Steve Goes To College (3)

Aired Weekdays 10:30 AM Apr 29, 2002 on Nickelodeon

• A real tearjerker for the young, and young at heart... but mostly the young.

As of this episode, a whole new thing begins, as Steve does the unthinkable: He's leaving the show! Apparently Steve has made the decision to follow on of his dreams and go to college, and he's leaving Joe to run things while he is gone. Now that's a pretty mature decision to be made on a children's show, but that's what I love about it. Sure, Joe takes over the show, and the show is in for some big changes. But this is one of the things that makes this show one of the tops. It may have been a little heart-wrenching, but even little kids should know that sometimes changes just happen, and it's not always pleasant. But the important thing of it is how you look at it. Yes, people go and things are missed, but that's life. The most important thing is that you acknowledge that it's not gone forever in every way. The memory of Steve has always been there in the show, and not just from when he's made guest appearances and re-runs. And you have to understand that Steve Burns only made this drastic decision because there was so much more he wanted to do in life, more than just being on popular children programing. (Plus, his hair was going out). Anyway, though it may have been a big change in the show, at least we know, even at an early age, that things just come to an end, but sometimes it leads to new beginnings. And yes, I know that Joe is no Steve and you would think Blue could tell the difference. But there's always room for a new friend I guess, and Steve will always be part of the show no matter what. I salute to you, Steve of Blues Clues; So long, and far well!