Bo' Selecta!

Channel 4 (ended 2009)

Bo' Selecta! Fan Reviews (3)

• A poorly thought out over milked comedy thats had its day... get rid of it... let it be removed from the annuals of history!

You may think the idea of watching a man get dressed up as fifteen to twenty famous people and take the piss out of them could get a little dull... and you'd be wrong... we've seen this in the past with many comedy sketch shows giving many people all over the globe side splitting pains of laughter...

This however is not one of those sketch shows, comedy drawn from rubbishy masks and the stupid caricature-esk depths of the shows characters limits this shows possibilities to about one series (at most)... the real mistake here was to have 3 seasons...

My advice to you if you've never seen this show before is not to bother... if you still want to then maybe you could waste some time watching 2-3 episodes but I wouldn't advise any more then that... you'll find the comedy dry and slightly dull... simply put, Why did this even get a full season?
  • Good at times.

Rude but funny.

Bo Selecta was good in the first and second series (well i say good, funny) and most of the characters were funny but I couldn't tune into the third series because the content was purile.

Gone were the funny characters and replaced with Avid humping chairs and destroying the shows already tattered rep.

But along came Bo in the USA which was better than the rest of the shows combined. If it weren't for this show i would have rated Bo Selecta alot less.

Avid Merrion is annoying in the first three seasons.

But I think that he ha given us some great catchphrases over the years.

Do not watch the third season!
  • wierd and funny show

i first caught this show on channel 4 and thought it was funny. its a real surreal and wierd comedy show. the shows star avid merrion is a weird celebrity stalker who uncomfortabley to watch, stalks and jokes with celebrites, with hiliarious results. another aspect of the show is impressions of celebrites using large rubber mask and clothes. celebrity take- offs include, mel b, craig david, michael jackson, ozzy ozborne, maryln manson. the shows language is very crude so the show is only suited to adults,yet if you want a wierd, unusual way to spend half an hour, then have a watch of the show.