A Boardwalk Empire Community
HBO (ended 2014)

With only two episodes left in an already bloody fourth season, let's make some predictions. Vote for all characters that you think are likely to meet their maker by the time the season finale credits roll.

Note: I've left a few famous names out as a result of knowing their real-life end dates. While it's always possible that Boardwalk could take some liberties with reality, it's a safe guess that Johnny Torrio, Al Capone, Arnold Rothstein, Lucky Luciano and a few other minor characters will still be present for the fifth season. If I've missed anyone important, call it out in the comments!

Your Unofficial Death Pool Odds:

- 2:1 Dr. Valentin Narcisse - It's a miracle Narcisse has survived the last few episodes and Wright's excellent performance could easily wrap up in one season and an Emmy.
- 5:2 Chalky White, Daughter Maitland - Has this glorious season been Chalky's swan song?
- 3:1 Sally Wheet, Roy Phillips - This season's other big guest star additions have had small roles thus far. Will the show expand on them enough for a season 5 return?
- 4:1 Mickey Doyle, Gillian Darmody - Boardwalk veterans both. Mickey's continued survival is a long running joke, Gillian's a long running frustration.
- 5:1 Eli Thompson, Warren Knox - Two characters at the center of the season's central deceit. One of them has to go, right?
- 10:1 Willie Thompson - Surely the show won't be so cruel?
- 50:1 Margaret Schroeder - This show does not like to rid itself of its core actors, and Margaret's new association with Arnold Rothstein should keep her safe.
- 250:1 Nelson Van Alden, Richard Harrow - See above. Fan favorites who have been an integral part of this season's action.
- 500:1 Nucky Thompson - As Cory Barker nicely covered, Boardwalk may finally have found the best way to utilize Nucky, which is a formula that should keep on giving.

poll
27 Comments
Comments (27)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I don't think Lansky is going to make it out alive this season :(
Flag
Lanksy lived for a long and good time. Wiki it, so many familiar names on the show. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_Lansky
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Well, he's another spoiler from history. Boardwalk could certainly kill him off, but in real life he died in 1983. Crazy right?
Flag
ooooo awesome bit of trivia!!!! :D
Flag
Earlier this season I said I thought it would be cool if Chalky's wife dies, and I think that would still be an interesting development. I figured it would be at the hands of Narcisse though, and since he didn't kill Maybelle for some unknown reason, I doubt he'd actively seek out Chalky's wife and murder her.
Flag
That scene between Narcisse and Maybelle made the hair on my neck stand up... I did not expect her to walk away in one piece.
Flag
Willie would be a surprising one! Let's make that happen.
Flag
He kind of deserves it, right? I think the accidental murder of the college bully was probably the grossest shot in the show's run.
Flag
And here I thought heading into this post it would be easy. I didn't realise just how many characters have the potential to meet their untimely ends...

Yeah, Nucky, Van Alden, and Harrow are save, and I'd say Chalky is too, just because of how much he's loved (but Boardwalk's taken risks before). Gillian and Roy will stick around too, I can't see their storylines receiving adequate endings if they don't return next season, the same goes for Margaret and Rothstein. I think we'll see Sally return too, to have Nucky lose Eddie and her in such a short space of time would seem odd. I'm very conflicted on whether or not Eli while make it or not though, he's 50/50 for me.

I'm tipping Narcisse, Mickey, and Knox, though, as those most likely to go. And probably Daughter, too.
Flag
I see everyone's ignoring my prediction for Joe Masseria's death.

You see how much of an annoyance Dr. Narcisse has become, and he just hooked up with Joe Masseria. If you know anything about Masseria and Lucky's history, you should have an idea what lies ahead. I mean, you should have an idea of what (in my mind) lies ahead. The writers need a way to resolve this conflict without overtly re-writing history.

On another note, Torrio's departure from Capone's gathering was certainly convenient, and surprisingly well-timed.

I thought Dr. Narcisse would hurt Maybelle, but I'm glad he didnt. Somehow I think he had something to do with her marriage plans falling through.
Flag
I've assumed Masseria is safe given he lived through the 20s in real life, but we'll see! It would certainly be an interesting twist if Boardwalk started to re-write the timelines a bit.
Flag
Well see I didnt know we were in the 20s. Masseria died in 1931. Madden died in '65, not sure when Eli died.
Flag
No doubt Al's boss ordered the hit on him so he might be in some trouble.

If they kill off Chalky I'm out this bitch.
Flag
Now I can't stop picturing Larry David saying "If they kill off Chalky I'm out this bitch."
Flag
Dr. Narcisse is just a wonderful villain, isn't he? At the same time you hate his guts and truly root for him to get a bullet in the head or something worse, you hope he stick around a little more to get to know him better. He's such a fascinating character. Jeffrey Wright really deserves an Emmy.
Flag
One thing is for sure, if Bobby Cannavale deserved an Emmy for playing a cartoon villain in Gyp Rosetti, then Wright should be guaranteed a trophy for a much more nuanced performance.
Flag
Gyp Rosetti was not a believable character to me. Narcisse is somewhat believable. The more quirky the caricature, the less believable the character.
Flag
I wouldnt like it if Narcisse died. Sure he's technically the 'villian', but it would be to similar to season 3. And Narcisse is a more complex and interesting character than Rossetti.
Flag
Absolutely no chance of Nucky or Al Capone dying. Narcisse is definitely on the top of my list, though Chalky doesn't seem too safe either. I would be very sad to see Chalky or Van Alden go, but Richard dying would be absolutely devastating. Right now, the fingers seem pointed at Narcisse and Chalky. Eli is a big possibility too.
Flag
Van Alden ain't goin' nowhere, because he is one of few fictitious POV characters walking through history, which is what BE is really all about - What is was like to live in this time and know these people. Which is why you got people like Eddie Cantor, "The Little Professor", and Daughter Maitland.

On another note jimmy was a POV character too, so I could be wrong.
Flag
My best bet is on Warren Knox is you are really paying 5:1. Narcisse and Daughter already probably a given !

This is the only show other than The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones where I really feel fear for my favorite character because I know the show writers are not afraid to kill them.

I really did fear the death of Chalky tonight and Glenn of TWD too. I am very happy both are alive and looks like they will made it.

Other show I don't feel this because I know the characters are not really in danger.
Flag
Knox, Narcisse and Doyle are my guesses
Flag
Staff
Anyone but Van Alden, Capone and Rothstein.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members