Boardwalk Empire Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

what's up with margaret schroeder?

nahga1

[1]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 8

why is margaret always acting so weird and making such strange facial expressions. katey told her that owen made a joke and she acted like she was thoroughly disgusted. then owen stands awaiting nucky and he just makes small talk with her and she keeps trying to find a way to be offended by him. then god forbid he touched her arm. what the hell's wrong with her? is it a religious thing? she seems deeply disturbed by the fact that owen and katey have a relationship, then she's distant in bed with nucky and asks nucky if he is somewhere else afterwards. the acting on this show is superb, and the writing shows so many of the subtleties of human emotion and interaction, but i swear margaret schroeder just confuses the hell out of me. is she a prude? she lies to secure nucky's money and ledger book, that made sense to me, but she goes and confesses to feeling something for owen at her confessional? none of it makes any sense to me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

halstein

[2]Nov 7, 2011
    • level: 16

Things will clear up a bit when you watch the next episode. Episode 7

nahga1

[3]Nov 16, 2011
    yup. you hit the nail on the head.

HeleneManucci

[4]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 1

Maggie is NOT a wid-range actress, she makes those eyebrows go downward in that sad, pitiful expression I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE THE SNEAKY, GOLD DIGGING Btch. lol

HeleneManucci

[5]Dec 6, 2011

Looks like they saved the action & killings for the next to the last episode Finale, right? how many more are there? and will we even care by the time the NEXT SEASON GETS UNDER WAY (next Spring) who wants to wait that long? I think I will get the book, by ??Johnson. to find out what happens.

nahga1

[6]Dec 7, 2011

yea get the audiobook. that probably beats being at the mercy of these time-wasting producers, who bore you to death with one tidbit of storyline per episode. unless you wanna be scratching your head for a whole nother season wondering just what the hell is going on. the suspense aint killing me because their is none. just dragging on episode after episode

Jemadari

[7]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 12

My issue with Schroeder is that at the beginning of the season she takes the initiative to con her way into Nucky's office and steal evidence against him then has a frank discussion with him about his business and even goes as far to advise him on the proper way to conduct himself in future affairs(by telling him to commit everything to memory), giving one the impression that she was going to be what Jimmy's mother wanted to be,the woman behind the power,then the character just went downhill

No1Slayerette

[8]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 9

Jemadari wrote:
    My issue with Schroeder is that at the beginning of the season she takes the initiative to con her way into Nucky's office and steal evidence against him then has a frank discussion with him about his business and even goes as far to advise him on the proper way to conduct himself in future affairs(by telling him to commit everything to memory), giving one the impression that she was going to be what Jimmy's mother wanted to be,the woman behind the power,then the character just went downhill
    Yes, I definitely held a lot of promise for her character during that part of the season, but her religious fascinations seem to have been her downfall. She seems to think by giving away her money and possessions to the church (which aren't even hers, but Nucky's), that she will absolve herself of all of her sins and cure her daughter of polio. It's downright naive of someone to think that way, and unfortunately it seems to have ruined the character.

CommentatorPr

[9]Dec 10, 2012

I'm glad you brought this up, it's 100% true. This bitch is annoying with her stupid face. If you need to take a dump, go take one already Margaret!

articnights

[10]Jun 3, 2013
    • level: 4
    I think she believes she's above everyone...and she's not...she need a reality check and once she accepts her own flaws she may come around.

marcosbatistaavila

[11]Sep 17, 2014

finally i find someone that thinks exactly like me, i just can't stand Margaret from Boardwalk either,, her character did not progress at all trough the show, she acts the same as the first episode....surprised and scared like a a fu***ing bug, seriously...even the accent of her pisses me off (lol) . Im watching now season 4 where she is working as a secretary in a stock business and she her character still the same scared dove with that stupid accent, she would be by now a MUCH MORE STRONGER WOMAN AFTER BEING MARRIED TO top notch gangster, being in the bed with her employee, her daughter being very sick etc... i just dont understand the evolution of her in this show that by the way one of the best shows ever