Boardwalk Empire

Under God's Power She Flourishes

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 04, 2011 on HBO

• Now we finally have the key to know Mister Darmody... (and we know which Greek mythological figure he is) -Spoilers ahead.

Of course, you've guessed it : Jim Darmody isOedipus, the king who marry his mother and kill his father. And the writters make that very clear...ok, let me start over.

Ok, this season of Boardwalk empire isn't quite the same as the first (in my opinion). The narration is super slow, and we now can see that it's more gonna be about the characters feelings than what they actually DO. But I can live with that ('cause you : Great actors, writing and all).

For me This episode is like a set up for the upcoming events (season 3) and it finally describe (or unveil) Michael Pitt's character. The fact that he went to war for apparently no reason; the fact that he always looked like a dark character (yes he is a gangster, but take Nucky for example, this guy is pure light). Now we KNOW who he is Darmody, a very sad character pushed by mother to commit incest. Dealing with the death of his wife (at the end of the previous episode) the mother can finally have her dream come true : she IS the wife of the most powerful man of Atlantic city, that's very clear in the penultimate scene of the episode when she tells Jimmy that his son will, one day, forget about his mother. She's taking her place.

And then The commodore, Jimmy's dad comes in and get killed, by Jimmy's hand. Now the metamorphosis is complete : Jimmy as become Oedipus. I don't know if it was really the writers intention to kill the dad so quickly but we can all imagine that, when they decide to make the character that way, they should do it pretty quick.

So that wasn't a big episode except that, Nucky can now see that Mrs. Schroeder has began to "loose it" and that his problems won't be over soon...and Mr Vanalden going away like that ? Crazy ! I don't know how this character will end, but I feel like I'm gonna be sad at the end of the season...

That's all folks !

Oh and the scene with Jimmy and his mom' (yo know which scene) won the award of the most scariest, disturbing scene ever on TV, 'cause you can feel that there is something wrong right away but you want to believe that the scene will end before anything bad happens. And when it does...you went the scene to end even faster but nooo!

Kudos to the writing staff anyway. Sweet dreams everyone and (oh sorry I forgot :) Ho Ho Ho ! Merry christmas to you all ! ^^