Bob and Margaret

Global (ended 2001)

Bob and Margaret Fan Reviews (5)

6.7
  • so.......boring.....can't stay awake. *snore*

OH MY GOD! This show is more boring than franny's feet! The first episode I saw was in the afternoon and i'm not lying, i fell asleep. I woke up at 8:00 pissed off because the best part of the day was over. I tried to avoid it but it kept coming back at YTV and came at 12:00 which made me mad because one of my favorite shows was there at that time. The show name was case closed. Some cool old anime show about a detective. look it up and you'll know more about that show. I also did a review on that show. wait wait wait! I was talking about bob and margaret. Overall this show is more boring than watching grass grow.
  • About the honest married life and it's ups and downs whilst dripping with satirical comedy.

7.4
    Wow, I must say that I was shocked to see that the majority who have commented on the series, had mostly negative things to say about it. I don't know about them, but I certainly "dug" the cartoon. How I wish it was on DVD, but at least it is on VHS since Comedy Central isn't showing it anymore. I could totally relate to this series: Reluctantly going over an acquaintance's house, taking a cheap bottle of wine, being bored, longing for home; Going to a supermarket and getting out of the line you were in to get in one that seemed faster just to be held up for eons of time; so forth.

I miss watching this show. It was a Sunday night ritual for me. It depicted a typical couple in many ways. While I've always loved the Simpsons and find South Park humorous, Bob and Margaret is indeed different, but in a unique way and it is very good! I'd hate to think fellow sitcom enthusiasts from other parts of the world think most Americans lack the depth and open-mindedness to get this kind of humor due to what a few of them wrote on IMDB. Many of my friends and co-workers enjoyed it also.
  • a pretty ok show...its just that at the end of each episode i was left wondering "was that all?" aside from the abrupt endings it was a cute show...R.I.P bob and margaret..and your 2 dogs

this was one of the few animated shows i ever watched i think maybe cuz it wasnt that animated but more real....

the show revolved around a married couple bob and margaret both in their 30's living together in an apartment in england and then canada...the 2 face a different set of problems in each episode ranging form having dinners with old judgmental friends to dealing with margaret as a terrorist...i liked this show cuz all the characters were unique but still had their huge round trademark noses....a really cute show but still lacking in some episodes where i wonderded why did i waste my time watching that....all in all the english accents and likeable characters would draw u in instantly....although the cartoon nudity did disturb me a bit cuz i mean who needs to see that now..
  • It looks funnier on the commercials...

I'm not sure why they put this in "adult swim" (at least, that's what they did here in latin america).

I liked the first few episodes I watched..
    But then, I realized it wasn't addictive enough to be there. I mean; most of the times, when I'm watching a TV show, or... any cartoon, I can't change the cannel, 'cause I get into the episode, and I really want to know what happens in the end.

That effect does not happen with this cartoon.
    And it's really weird.

I'm not sure if it's gonna last that long here before it gets off Cartoon Network, just like it happened in "Locomotion" (ANIMAX).
  • A unique show that can be a nice change from the silliness of other cartoons aimed at adults.

Bob and Margaret I will say right off the bat is not as slapstick as the Simpsons, Family Guy, or other such shows. It is not the type of cartoon you should watch if you are expecting gut busting laughter. But much like the two main characters, the series is meek but likable, and leave you feeling amused when it is over.

It is interesting to see a cartoon family with no children. Bob and Margaret are happily married and have little desire to ever have two children. As a result, there are different potential scenarios in the show than you find in a lot of other sitcoms and cartoons. A lot of the series humour comes from the nature of the two protagonists. Bob Fish is a dentist who is quietly smug and feels underappriciated, which can often lead him to taking steps that are down right foolish when he feels it is a chance to prove how much better he is than his fellow man. His wife Margaret is much more down to earth and humble. She is a kind, optomistic person who wants to help others, but often does not have enough faith in herself to carry through with anything. The two of them have very different outlooks on life, and yet their personalities complement each other in a way that makes their marriage seem believable rather than forced.

There are certainly some downsides to the series. The episodes can often end abruptly, making it seem like the dilemma was not truly resolved by the time the credits begin. The animation itself can be kind of shaky at times, so that while the characters are consistant, the series gives the impression that it is sort of second hand. However, the downside to this series can be easily overlooked, and I recommend people give the series a chance. It is not something that jumps out in one episode, but something that grows on you. The series' humour is subtle and understated, much like Bob and Margaret themselves.