Bob and Margaret

Global (ended 2001)

Bob and Margaret Fan Reviews (5)

6.7
  • About the honest married life and it's ups and downs whilst dripping with satirical comedy.

7.4
    Wow, I must say that I was shocked to see that the majority who have commented on the series, had mostly negative things to say about it. I don't know about them, but I certainly "dug" the cartoon. How I wish it was on DVD, but at least it is on VHS since Comedy Central isn't showing it anymore. I could totally relate to this series: Reluctantly going over an acquaintance's house, taking a cheap bottle of wine, being bored, longing for home; Going to a supermarket and getting out of the line you were in to get in one that seemed faster just to be held up for eons of time; so forth.

I miss watching this show. It was a Sunday night ritual for me. It depicted a typical couple in many ways. While I've always loved the Simpsons and find South Park humorous, Bob and Margaret is indeed different, but in a unique way and it is very good! I'd hate to think fellow sitcom enthusiasts from other parts of the world think most Americans lack the depth and open-mindedness to get this kind of humor due to what a few of them wrote on IMDB. Many of my friends and co-workers enjoyed it also.