Bob's Burgers

Sunday 7:30 PM on FOX Premiered Jan 09, 2011 In Season

Bob's Burgers Fan Reviews (88)

• Surprisingly good

I have to admit that when I first saw the commercials for this show, I thought it was going to suck. Initially, I did give a watch and I didn't like it. The voices annoyed me and it had a very mundane/boring feel. I mean, I love King of the Hill and that show is known for it's non-wacky antics but Bob's Burgers just rubbed me wrong.

But then, I decided to watch it again and this time, I actually found myself chuckling a bit. So I tuned in more and sure enough, I actually did enjoy the show. The main character who gives me the laughs are Linda, Tina, Aunt Gale, & sometimes Louise. Gene isn't all that funny to me personally and I find his toilet humor to be slightly on par with Chris Griffin (another character I don't care for). Bob is alright.

The show definitely has one some strange humor but if you can adjust, you're sure to like the show. However, I can also see how the humor in this show can turn off some people as it can be very repetitively slapstick. But if you're a fan of strange and kooky, you'll enjoy this show.

The reason I gave the score a 7.5 is mainly because as funny as it can be, it can feel a little boring at times so it can make it hard to watch until the more outrageous things happen. Nonetheless, it's a decent show at best and it's a nice change of pace from the dominating of Family Guy. I like Family Guy (prefer seasons 1-4) but the humor is meh these days so it's nice to see a different kind of comedy in recent years.
  • What is this crap

I hate this show. just the name makes me want to eat my legs. I have watched a few episodes. this show is not funny AT ALL. It makes me mad just to hear the name
  • i have no since of humor but this show give me life.

I really love this show.. New season please.
  • Love this family!

This is such a fantastic show! Can't say enough about how much I love this family.
  • Bobs Burgers

It's like watching a train wreck the way that u know it's going to be a disaster but u can't stop watching.

I love the dialogue and the completely unrealistic plots BUT at the same time I have to say that I WANT TO SYSTEMATICALLY BEAT THE HELL OUT OF LINDA AND ALL THE KIDS.

Their inability to see the obviousness of the disasters they continually irritate and make worse at poor Bobs expense just kill me and infuriate me even more.

I just watched the episode where they have to buy a Christmas tree on Christmas eve because once again Linda's made another idiotic decision thus costing them a tree and then because of her and the kids and their stupid antics, they end up getting chased by the driver of a candy cane truck and getting them almost arrested, stuck in the snow, Bob getting punched, and there's a ham in the oven at home still.....

Of course just like in every episode, poor Bob was the voice of reason the whole time and yet was ridiculed and blamed in equal measure by the rest of the clan for everything that went wron when it was so obviously them. So darn frustrating,

it's truly a good vs evil debate for me watching the show because some sick part of me thinks it's all hysterical and the other not so sick part of me is enraged at the truly outrageous acts performed by Linda and the kids. Alas, just like any addiction, I'm hooked.

FUNNY AS HELL. I used to not like it. Then it started to grow on me a bit more and I started enjoying the improvements in comedy. The writers started adding there own comedy gags to the show, which made it fresh and viewable.
  • Pretty Good...

It has bad WORDS! and that sometimes makes

me laugh out loud when i hear one...
  • Review of bobs burger

Just the title of the show sucks. In general this show sucks. There are some funny moments but they are few and far in between. The humor is mostly unintelligent and that humor does work sometimes in this show but intelligent humor, thinking humor will always win more times in my book. There are always exceptions. This show isn't one of those exceptional ones. This is garbage with bits of good food still wrapped up and clean to eat. I would not recommend this show.
  • Great Show, Where are the episodes ?

So much better than garbage like Family Guy. Problem is; so many reruns. The Fox affiliate in Houston keeps showing the same few episodes. We're lucky to see one new episode a month :(
  • It's Alright

it's a decent show at best and a really bad one at worst

it's funny,weird,and creative but it's boring really boring
  • Fantabuloso

Great show. Ignore the idiots who give it a low score. Idiots.

I mean Family Guy? Really? Ugh... You can have it.

Scientists actually conducted a study that showed a significant correlation between people who don't like this show and the propensity for killing small animals. So next time you see or hear someone badmouthing Bob's Burgers, just remember that the very same person most likely just finished eating a kitten.

The more you know...
  • oh the horror

it's so bad that i am almost scared of finding it when i'm zapping trough the channels on my tv, it's simply the worst show i've ever seen in my life...

and talk about *** voices, dayum!
  • Bobs burgers

I love it so much because it reminded mr of me and my sister when we were little.

I want to have a megaphone that makes me sound like a robot, laser sounds and fart noises! When will Bobs Burgers have one that we can purchase? I love this show! I watch it EVERYDAY and my boyfriend does too!
  • My Favorite Show!

For me this is the best thing out there, i can go on watching endlessly whole day... thing i like about the show is its not politics or religion but rather simple everyday family thing going on you see, quite possibly Ya'all love it too i bet.
  • Love this show !!!!!!

My favorite comedy on tv right now. It never fails to entertain me and make me laugh.
  • A funny show with great character development

Let me just say Fox has done it again with another hilarious sitcom about a Family. Fox hadn't come out with a good animated show since 2005 when American Dad came out. I love the characters and the voice acting. The kid characters are just so hilarious, Tina never fails to make me laugh, and Louise is like a female Bart Simpson. I'm so surprised how popular the show has gotten lately, it deserves it.
  • Overrated and absolute shit show.

I heard it was a good show from some people, I watched the first few episodes, and I couldn't disagree more. I can't even believe I forced myself to keep watching after the first boring, immature, and just plain weird 10 minutes. Now I'm not one to judge based on maturity of content, but the first few "jokes" revolved around farts and an itchy crotch... and they weren't even funny! Bob always sounds depressed even when he's supposed to be excited, and the rest of the voice acting makes me want to shoot myself. I have no idea why people still watch this show... I would rather watch American Dad (which isn't even that funny), Family guy, or South Park (best show n/a). South Park can be pretty immature, but it constantly keeps me laughing, and not all of the characters sound like whiny nagging bitches. Would rate it a 0 if I could.
  • An overrated but great show.

Plot: From the Loren Bouchard, co-creator of Home Movies comes this animated comedy series about a burger flipper from a seaside East Coast />

Opinion: I think this is a great but overrated show. To be honest, people are praising this show too much and it even got won something earlier this month. At first, when I wrote this review back in 2011, I thought it was an okay show, but now it's slightly improves as the years went on. But it is still not the BEST animation domination show ever. People say that it is, but to me I think it's the two Seth MacFarlane cartoons Family Guy and American Dad because they make me laugh more than Bob's Burgers. My pros for this show are quite lower than the other Animation Domination shows. The voice acting is decent (I'll tell you why it's not great/superb), some of the characters are funny, hilarious sexual jokes. great plot (seriously, I love the idea of a burger joint so that's what make my score a little higher), and the artwork. Prepare for some problems on Bob's Burgers that prevent me from being a fan of the shows. First of all, there are some certain characters I can't stand such Louise, Hugo, and Tammy (those are the main example) since they're all jerks. Second, the show's writing is so so but what I hate is they have to make the characters so dramatic,. Seriously, do we need to heard screaming and shouting in almost every single episode. That's why Louise annoy me, she's always screaming at the top of her lungs. Same thing to Gene. Third, Tina has this Uhhhhhhh... Remember that from the episode where she wreck the car? Yes I did a bit and you know why that is problem. The groaning is such a nuisance. That's why Tina is NOT my favorite character, while she has her moments of being funny, she usually annoying but not as much as Louise and (sometimes) Gene. Fourth, the music is really poor. I don't know why, but I'm just not a fan of it. Why do I feel like watching Phineas and Ferb when there's a musical numbers. This is not a Disney Channel show, writers. The theme song is OK, not as awesome as FG, American Dad, and the Simpsons theme />

Story: I like the idea of a burger point especially the burger of the days. The plots are usually great. 9/10

Writing: Hit or miss because it depends on the episode. If an episode is okay, this would be the effect. If an episode is less than that, it's mainly miss since the jokes just fall flat. If an episode is excellent is hit and occasionally miss. I'm not a fan of the show's writing because it's has a smaller writing team if you compare to American Dad (around 13), Family Guy (20 something), and the Simpons (a lot). My favorite writer was Scott Jacobson, but his writing are going downhill, so now it's the Molynuex sisters (they're overrated lady writers though). 6/10

Humor: See writing. The humor can be great especially if there's a sexual joke somewhere. Some of the puns are funny. However, due to its dramatic nature, the humor usually fall flat. 7.5/10

Drama: Really bad except the season 4 two part finale. The writers need to realize that drama isn't funny. The characters usually act like it's the end of the world when they overreact. 1/10

Voice acting: Why the voice acting decent? Two reasons: One, very realistic voices on the family except John Roberts. I always heard Jon Benjamin, Kristen, Dan Mintz, and Eugene's voices on several videos and they sound exactly their characters (especially the first two). Second, what's up with guys voicing female characters? As if two female characters voiced by a guy wasn't enough, we got more female character voiced by guys. Like why? It doesn't even sounds feminine. John Roberts is the best at it because he tried to sound feminine. The others try no effort as sounding feminine at all especially Dan Mintz's Tina and Larry Murphy's Edith and Gretchen. But other than those, the voice acting is not that bad. I like Teddy's voice the best as well as Felix's voice (especially when he gets mad). 7/10

Art: Meh, this art style influenced Sanjay and Craig for no reason and it's because former (and original) character designer Jay Howell worked on this show before creating SJC. I'm not a fan of the character design at all. They all look weird. Art style is so so and compared the other animation domination shows, it's not even on the perfect side. Background are badly painted and designed at all, but they got a little better. The colors are the saving grace of the art in Bob's Burgers. The art department is mediocre at best. 5.5/10

Animation: I got to say, animation is better than the art for sure, but it still not the best. When the show starts, it was animated in Flash and it was poorly done. By Seasons 2 and 3, it was slightly better but not good enough, Finally Season 4 got improved animation in some of the episodes but otherwise still stiff animation. 7/10

Last appeal: It's popular so I won't be surprised if it last as long as the other three aforementioned Animation Domination shows. 10/10

All I say is Bob's Burgers is a great show and it's obviously recommended due to the high fanbase. However, the show does has its moments of bad especially the first episode. as well as emphasizing too much screaming which ruins my 10 score. This show will gets a 8.5/10 from me.

• And the most awfull cartoon comedy award go's too...

The cartoon always starts with the most annoying voice of them all, the character "Linda Belcher", bob's wife.

The voice over is done by John Roberts.

And the main character "Bob" always sounds depressed about everything with his monotone voice.

But i can understand why he's always depressed knowing that he and his family are drawn awfully.

Why in hell is this called a comedy?

The only sound i hear in this show is "Nag nag nag".

And it lookes like it has been drawn by a 6 year old.

I don't understand why some people actually like this show.

But that's my oppinion.

This show is just amazing, I've NEVER been bored with the story line so far, the characters are just so much more real and hilarious. Honestly, i look forward to this show more than family guy or the Simpsons, maybe its time for the Simpsons to go, or family guy in other words... ITS FRESH, ITS NEW AND ITS REALLY EXCITING.
  • terrible show

people must not know what comedy is if this show gets renewed and the good shows on FOX get cancelled
  • Actually Pretty Good.

Some people say this is better than Family Guy. I kinda disagree and agree on that opinion at the same time. What I mean is this show is up there with Family Guy when it comes to quality.
  • I practically don't even watch television except for this.

I looked up this show because I was curious with other peoples opinions. I was surprised. How could someone dislike this show? Well, I know why. It's because they're probably just ignorant douches and don't know authentic comedy except for what they've been fed for so long already. I wouldn't compare this show to anything else because its just on a whole new front on its own. (maybe kinda related to the Simpsons but only partly). Im so glad I stumbled upon this. At first when I watched it during season 1 I kinda put it off because it didn't seem that interesting. BUT MAN.. how great it has become. Im kinda glad I didn't start watching until season 3 because I was the happiest just binge watching to catch up. Now I'm just dying until every new episode comes out and I just wish they were longer. Man... Also, if Lee Newton loves this show (one of the best people I'd think is an expert in comedy) then everyone who dislikes it I just feel bad for. Right now, id put this show as my #1 tv show. If I get to finally cutting the cord or if my cable provider ever decided to bring A la carte, I'd choose this for sure. I also have to mention that practically every episode is quality. I thank the creators because they're not half assing anything here. (Or maybe they are? Maybe they're just that good lol)
  • Bob's Burgers < The Cleveland Show

not even going to compare this pathetic excuse for a comedy to Family Guy or American Dad, because this show fails even compared to The Cleveland Show. The animation is lazy, the voice acting is horrible (especially each and every female character), and quite frankly, in the 15 episodes that I have watched I probably laughed twice maybe three times. I mean an episode about a serial pooper what the heck is that! I'd much rather watch Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons or hell even the Cleveland Show than I would this abomination. I honestly don't see how any American can find this entertaining (maybe British people, but I don't get most British humor). If I could, I would give it 0 stars.
  • Bob's Burgers >>>>>> Family Guy

Did someone REALLY just say that Family Guy---the TV show that revolves around potty humor and has been absolute shit since '07-'08 is more "mature" than Bob's Burgers! LMFAO That's a freaking riot.

Anyway, I used to snub this show as well, but took the time to watch it once it came onto the Adult Swim line-up. It's actually a pretty good show and probably one of the most underrated in the current Fox lineup. The characters are generally tolerable. The jokes aren't as "out there" as Seth's shows, but they're pretty funny nonetheless. Only rating it an 8.5 because it has a few stale episodes once in a blue moon and the butt jokes get really annoying.
  • Yupyup

Love this show lots. Louise is a riot. :)

It's way better than Family Guy.
  • Why people no like Bob

Bobs Burgers is a unique show unlike Family Guy that is just ignorant Bob Burgers is funny and not full of dirty one of my favorite shows on Fox and its not fake like other shows that bring up time travel or any of that shit so ya i like it.
  • Good stuff!

Great show, love the characters! Catchy tunes as well.
  • Fuck everyone who keeps giving this show a "1.0"!

That's right you all fail at life! Anyways this is a pretty decent show. It's not as bad as everyone says but it's not the best adult cartoon right now (Rick and Morty is). Anyways this is about a guy and his wife and kids that open a burger joint. Their kids also are a important part of the show too. It's pretty good and can be a little funny and times. Ignore the butthurt trolls who only want attention and nothing else.
< 1 2 3