Body of Proof Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

Episode Discussion: All in the Family 1x07 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]May 2, 2011
    • level: 77
    Let's discuss Tuesday's episode All in the Family (May 3) in this thread. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rentlover1

[2]May 4, 2011
    • level: 8

Enjoyed the episode BUT it was in the wrong place in the context of the whole season.

Megan's storyline with Lacey here belongs before Episode 4 (Talking Heads) where Lacey embraces her mother and learns about how cool her job is. She doesn't remember the characters she met in the lab and she is still mad at her mother for going to fast withrebuildingtheir relationship. The whole episode I couldn't stop thinking about that and feeling disappointed with ABC for changing the episode order without even watching the episode to see where the season was up to plot wise. Very lazy and very badly done. A few people will be confused.

Now I fear the DVD will also be out of wack so I pray they put the episodes in sequential order instead of how ABC thinks the episodes should appear.

Overall another greatinstalment, but it was really ruined cause of how distracted I was the whole time by my irritation over ABC's shottyschedulingpractices.

Edited on 05/04/2011 5:50am

rentlover1

[3]May 4, 2011

Would also like to add: Do we think that the mysterious man that Megan's boss was on the phone to (and supposedly dating) in Episode 1x06 could be Megan'sex-husbandin light of how chummy the two of them got this week? I am intrigued to find out.

CrazyAsian1080

[4]May 4, 2011
    • level: 7

Im not a forensic anthropologist ahahahahahahaha because this show is pretty much Bones.

azra14

[5]May 4, 2011
    • level: 1
    rentlover1, i totally agree!!

When lacey asked Peter who he was, I was like you already know him! You met in the lab! I was thinking about it the whole episode, and it reallyyy bothered me. I don't understand how they could have overlooked something like that!

I thought the same thing about Megan's boss mystery boyfriend. They never really showed us who he was, and in this episode Megan boss seemed to make a connection with megan's ex-husband. it would have made sense if this episode came before the the one where megan's boss was talking on the phone to her 'boyfriend', and then we could have maybe thought that she was talking to the ex-husband.

I really enjoy the show, but those 2 little things really bothered me.

TinaRomano

[6]May 4, 2011
    • level: 2

I have to echo everyone here...bugged the crap out of me too..not to mention it was really distracting after Lacey asked peter who he was...i was running through everything during the rest of the episode. they either did it on purpose to try and see who was watching or they're just unprofessional imbeciles.

rentlover1

[7]May 6, 2011

Im really worried the rest of the season will suffer the same way. With any luck this was a one time thing. Clearly it was a ratings grab by having 'talking heads' earlier in the episode running list.

Out of interested how many episodes are left to go? Are we getting a full 22 episode season or only 13 episodes for Season 1?

BarryWeen3

[8]May 8, 2011
    • level: 14

rentlover1 wrote:

Im really worried the rest of the season will suffer the same way. With any luck this was a one time thing. Clearly it was a ratings grab by having 'talking heads' earlier in the episode running list.

Out of interested how many episodes are left to go? Are we getting a full 22 episode season or only 13 episodes for Season 1?

Not getting a full season, it's a midseason show. 6 more episodes to go.

The out of continuity usually doesn't bother me because I know shows will often air some episodes out of order.

The weird thing here is that they actually didn't air episodes out of order as the production order of the episodes are still in the correct order according to the episode numbers. So it is a continuity glitch.

Still, enjoyed the episode. Curtis doing the exam on the boy was funny. And we got a glimpse into Megan's past.

Looks like Megan really pushes the envelope in the next episode, more and more her character reminds me of Jordan from Crossing Jordan.