Body of Proof Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

Episode Discussion: Broken Home 1x09 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]May 16, 2011
    • level: 75
    Let's discuss episode Broken Home (May 17) in this thread. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]May 16, 2011
    • level: 14

This episode is billed as the season finale, yet there are still 4 episodes left to this 13 episode season, and ABC announced last Monday that Body of Proof would finish airing on June 14. So I am bit confused as to why this is being called the season finale in the previews for this episode.

rentlover1

[3]May 18, 2011
    • level: 8

Im certain its a screw up from their advertising department who assume since it is a head lining show it must end this week like all the others due to May sweeps. However that is not the case. At least I thinkthat'snot the case.

rentlover1

[4]May 18, 2011

Enjoyed this weeks episode. It kept me on my toes. The evil sister was a nice touch. Ultimately though I cared more about Megan's story. Loved how it came out and that it wasacknowledgejust how hard it was for her by Lacey (out of the mouths of babes). It wasn't a satisfying season finale for me though. It just kinda ended with our only real cliffhanger being: will Megan be able to cope with her boss and ex dating? Its not big enough. This is probably the result of me watching shows were cliffhangers are common like Angel or Dollhouse or Queer as Folk or my favourite show Desperate Housewives, but I feel a cliffhanger is always a fun way to end a season to keep the fans guessingand to build momentum for the following season. Sure crime shows are a little different but I just would have loved a bigger ending then this. Lets hope we do get episodes 10 to 13 and that we get a real season cliffhanger to end the season so we can get geared up for season 2.

BarryWeen3

[5]May 19, 2011

rentlover1 wrote:

Enjoyed this weeks episode. It kept me on my toes. The evil sister was a nice touch. Ultimately though I cared more about Megan's story. Loved how it came out and that it wasacknowledgejust how hard it was for her by Lacey (out of the mouths of babes). It wasn't a satisfying season finale for me though. It just kinda ended with our only real cliffhanger being: will Megan be able to cope with her boss and ex dating? Its not big enough. This is probably the result of me watching shows were cliffhangers are common like Angel or Dollhouse or Queer as Folk or my favourite show Desperate Housewives, but I feel a cliffhanger is always a fun way to end a season to keep the fans guessingand to build momentum for the following season. Sure crime shows are a little different but I just would have loved a bigger ending then this. Lets hope we do get episodes 10 to 13 and that we get a real season cliffhanger to end the season so we can get geared up for season 2.

Yeah, I liked the episode too. Not only was the sister bad, but think about what the mom was doing. Liked the brother at the end when the mom is yelling "How could you do this to me? How could you do this to our family?" and the brother answers "When have we ever been a family?". I think the only family unit in that family was the brother and his younger sister who died.

If we get the remaining 4 episodes, it'll have to be double-ups on June 7 and June 14, cause May 24 is the DTWS 2-hr finale, and May 31 is repeats.

rentlover1

[6]May 19, 2011

Well here's hoping. I really need my fix. lol. I hate that all my favourite shows end at the same time. I was hoping Body of Proof would keep me going for another month and a half. lol.

BarryWeen3

[7]May 22, 2011

rentlover1 wrote:

Well here's hoping. I really need my fix. lol. I hate that all my favourite shows end at the same time. I was hoping Body of Proof would keep me going for another month and a half. lol.

From the little "researching" I've done, it looks like ABC has decided to hold the 4 remaining episodes and I'm guessing folding them into the next season. Which is very weird considering internationally all the episodes have aired. Sounds like the same thing that happened with Flashpoint over on CBS. Flashpoint is a Canadian import, so the US airings/seasons and Canadian airing/seasons are different. I don't think the remaining 4 episodes will air and that Broken Home was the season finale. May 24 is 2 hours of DTWS finale, May 31 are BOP repeats, June 7 and June 14 are ABC's coverage of the NBA Finals.

haldrey

[8]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 22
    Excellent and entertaining episode. Sadly it presented things that happening a lot in certain areas of our current society controlled by greed.