Body of Proof Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

Episode Discussion: Pilot 1x01 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 74
    Let's discuss the Pilot (Mar 29) in this thread. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

guytwo

[2]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 7
    Dana Delany has had plastic surgery and it shows, or actually doesn't show, on her facial expressions. I do believe that removes some acting ability from her, and all women and men. Petty grip I know. Not a bad murder of the day series, I'll watch again but don't mind missing the series either.

karlmeszaros

[3]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 106
    I really enjoyed it - a very good start!

blackmage8472

[4]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 15

Seems like a cross between House and Crossing Jordan... and not really the best parts of either.

I'll give it another shot, but not really impressed.

Leelie

[5]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 6

It looks like she is crying all the time. Watery eyes. Im also not really impressed.

NiallB31

[6]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 8

The final ratings are in. The episode averages 13.924 million viewers in total with a 3.1 ratingin 18-49 age group. And recieved an 8.9 rating in total viewers. And came first in its timeslot.

Here is a breakdown of the ratings for the hour by quaters.

10.00-10.15pm: 15.689 million viewers with 3.4 rating in 18-49.

10.15-10.30pm: 13.894 million viewers with 3.0 rating in 18-49.

10.30-10.45pm: 12.949 million viewers with 2.8 rating in 18-49.

10.45-11.00pm: 13.352 million viewers with 2.9 rating in 18-49.

Source tv by the numbers. : http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/30/tuesday-final-ratings-body-of-proof-2x-dancing-with-the-stars-ncis-biggest-loser-adjusted-up/87667

Edited on 03/30/2011 3:54pm

BarryWeen3

[7]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 14

blackmage8472 wrote:

Seems like a cross between House and Crossing Jordan... and not really the best parts of either.

I'll give it another shot, but not really impressed.

I expected that. Can kinda of look at it as passing the torch as we went from Quincy to Jordan and now to Megan.As you say, Megan looks to be as antisocial as House, with Jordan's push to know the truth or you can just say Jordan's pushiness .

It was okay. In both House and Crossing Jordan, though the self-titled characters were the main focuse of the show, they don't/didn't work without a good supporting cast, House's team of doctors and Jordan's fellow MEs.

I'm not sure the combination of House and Crossing Jordan they came up with here is going to work in the long run, but I'll give it a few episodes.At least it'llbea second ABCshow I watch...

shadowysea07

[8]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 25

its ok but like everyone else it felt like crossing jordan mixed a little bit with house. at least its in a perfect time slot since nothing is really on at 10 besides what the good wife? so that gives me something to watch at least but i don't think i will stay watching unless the supporting cast can pull me in.

BarryWeen3

[9]Mar 31, 2011

shadowysea07 wrote:

its ok but like everyone else it felt like crossing jordan mixed a little bit with house. at least its in a perfect time slot since nothing is really on at 10 besides what the good wife? so that gives me something to watch at least but i don't think i will stay watching unless the supporting cast can pull me in.

Yup, that's the point I was also making. Crossing Jordan worked, at least for me, because of the other characters around Jordan, especially those other characters in the ME's office, i.e. Garret, Lily, Bug, and Nigel. House wouldn't be as interesting for me if not for his supporting cast, especially Wilson.

blackmage8472

[10]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 15

BarryWeen3 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

Yup, that's the point I was also making. Crossing Jordan worked, at least for me, because of the other characters around Jordan, especially those other characters in the ME's office, i.e. Garret, Lily, Bug, and Nigel. House wouldn't be as interesting for me if not for his supporting cast, especially Wilson.

Loved the supporting cast of Crossing Jordan, especially Dr. Macy. I agree it was the whole cast that sold the show.

But this, so far I haven't seen enough to like it and just enough to start to dislike it. But really it does have to be the main character who needs to sell it. If they're building a character with flaws those flaws need to be apparent for the long haul. Like Jordan's need for a crusade or House's need for a puzzle. With this... it seems like the character flaws will besolvedby the third episode. Come on, need some drama here or it's just another generic murder mystery with the medical twist... how original.

haldrey

[11]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 22
    Low scores, a mix of Crossing Jordan mixed with House (which I do not care, two good programs can produce a good child) and maybe a bit of Rizzoli & Isles, some say that it is been done, etc. I really do not care if is a mix or not, for me the results worked, for a pilot episode I liked. I am going to keep watching and I hope that a lot of people do the same.

mattgus

[12]Apr 1, 2011
    almost everything has been done b/4;it is just the way things are. there are so many tv shows come and gone over the last 60 yrs it is hard to come up with something new...we have put doctors and lawyers at the center of so many stories it is hard pressed to find shows without that element. cops lawyers docs occasionnal teacher but none lately. we like mysteries and those venues are good for that type of drama and mystery. so this one i found as entertaining as most have been. i thought delaney was perfect. the others could have been anyone else in my opinion. i'll watch again if i remember...i can usually figure out the who dunnit part but this one was too obscure. could not have figured it out. they can't all be that way. i hope it does well...

EJamison

[13]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 17

It wasn't as bad as I had expected. I'll probably watch the rest of the season but I suspect I won't care enough about it if it's renewed, unless the other shows that premiere in the fall are really, really bad.

I'm not sure, but I'm not sure that Erythromycin is *only* prescribed if you are allergic to Amoxicillin. Maybe it's true if you have strep. I know I was given Erythromycin as a kid without having an allergy, but I didn't have a strep diagnosis.

BarryWeen3

[14]Apr 1, 2011

EJamison wrote:

It wasn't as bad as I had expected. I'll probably watch the rest of the season but I suspect I won't care enough about it if it's renewed, unless the other shows that premiere in the fall are really, really bad.

I'm not sure, but I'm not sure that Erythromycin is *only* prescribed if you are allergic to Amoxicillin. Maybe it's true if you have strep. I know I was given Erythromycin as a kid without having an allergy, but I didn't have a strep diagnosis.

Well, considering that the jogger died from anaphylactic shock, that would indicated that she had a severe allergic reaction to Amoxicillin. A severe allergic reaction to penicillin is indicative of having a severe Pencillin allergy, therefore all antibiotics in the pencillin class are dangerous for a patient with this severe of an allergy. The recommended alternative to treat strep throat in a patient with a severe penicillin allergy is erythromycin or any of the newer macrolides (azithromycin or clarithromycin). If her allergic reaction had not been as severe as immediate anaphylactic shock, then she could possibly have been switched to a cephlasporin or a carbapenem antibiotic.

And Erythromycin or any macrolide is not used just to treat strep throat in patients with severe penicillin allergies, it's just considered the best alternative when you can't use any of the antibiotics in the Pencillin class of antibiotics. Macrolides treat other infections besides strep throat.

juan137946

[15]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 13
    I thought it was pretty good. I loved Dana Delany in it and her character was really good, and has a lot of room to grow, btw hate the jackass of a husband. I also like pretty much everyone else, especially her partner and her boss. Definately will be watchiing again.

wildhoney66

[16]Apr 3, 2011

same here, i LOVE "Crossing Jordan" & shows like these in General. i will be watching again. the show i think was better than i thought it would be.

purplehewitt

[17]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 5

i really liked it, like Dana's and Jeri Ryan's characters, Megan's partner's ok. The only other procedural/crime show i like/watch is Rizzoli & Isles.

tryptz

[18]Apr 5, 2011

I was underwhelmed by this. She looks plastic and wooden.tHE DIALOGUE IS A BIT BLAND AT TIMES AND THE idea of a pathologist playing detective is ludicrous. I was ready to allow and take a leap of faith but this is more a bound over a hill !

Better shape up or ship out.

I give it a 7. cause Its not overboard but hardly worth looking forward to...for now.

Edited on 04/05/2011 5:44pm

meee223

[19]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 8

Watched this first episode and I'm done. I love Dana Delaney and unfortunately she always appears in short-lived series. This may or may not be a success, but it's just another "who did it" and "let's analyze it" and figure it out kind of show. And these type of shows just bore me to death.

I'm done.