Body of Proof Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

Episode Discussion: Point of Origin 2x05 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 74
    Let's discuss Tuesday's episode Point of Origin (Oct 18 ) in this thread. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

orxis

[2]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 6

This looked like it was supposed to air much earlier, during the first half of season 1 maybe... Any idea why it was delayed?

JasonTruman1

[3]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 3

I was thinking the same - good old ABC still showing episodes out of order eh?

TesserT

[4]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 74
    As you guessed this was supposed to air at the end of the 1st season but it didn't air here in the USA. It did air in Italy as part of Season 1. Go figure.

CthulhuSaves

[5]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 4
    I was thinking the same thing (that's actually why I popped-in today), but one thing still seems odd.

An ep or two back the two women went through the same thing, with Hunt giving Murphy crap through the ep and them coming to terms with it and having the "are we good?" moment near the end. So why, or how, would they do the same thing all over again, regardless of whether it happened before or after? Doesn't make sense. It almost seems like they wrote it into this ep, but decided to do it again in S2 because the ep didn't air, but then ultimately it did, so we got the same scenario twice.

I really wish we had some production codes for this series.

BTW, the two lab rats are stealing the show. Love 'em. Gonna call them Tenspeed & Brownshoe from now on. lol (If you're old enough to get that, you'll fall on the floor; it's so perfect for them)

haldrey

[6]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 22
    The episode was good but definitively it felt strange for it was out of order, and this one was not alone, apparently this was the week of out of order episodes.

rentlover1

[7]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 8

All I want to say is WTF ABC STOP MESSING WITH THE RUNNING ORDER OF THIS SHOW IT IS CHEESING ME OFF!!!! The DVD's are presented in the same order they aired so forever more Ill be changing discs at Episode 4 of Season 1 so I can see episode 6-8 first. So dumb! ABC are a bunch of morons!

sheepyie

[8]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I was really confused coz they are showing this episode right after the ninth of the first season in Germany. For the other episodes they used the same order than abc. It's airing next Wednesday.

alincs2

[9]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 1

I've compiled a proper listing of the episodes shown so far plus those already scheduled at this point (October 21, 2011).

This is based on information from a few sources, including the the Italian broadcast order, which seems to match the original first season production ordering (which included all thirteen episodes filmed in RI), rather than the near-random-seeming US ABC broadcast ordering. In addition one can tell from the episode plot/story content (as people have noticed).

Personally I also find the production location change to be obvious too. The first season Providence, RI street shooting locations (I don't mean either the drop-in stock shots of Philadelphia, or those CGI effects shots of the exterior of the 'Philadelphia County Medical Center' building) obviously bear more resemblance to PA, than those second season episodes now being shot in Los Angeles. To observe just a couple of aspects, the L.A. locations seem both too sunny and not green enough as regards foliage :-) Hopefully they will improve on that, as much as possible.

However I like the show very much and I hope it continues, since there is very little else in the way of high quality TV available these days. This is my just attempt to help people understand the show better - no 'slights' to ABC or the production staff are intended or should be inferred.

The 3 digit production codes are my own, since the episodes don't carry any themselves and it seems that the information has never been released officially. The good news is that ABC will have shown all 4 missing first season episodes in a couple of weeks time. Hopefully they will then show all the new ones in proper writing/production order. My second season production numbering assumes this, hence the question marks.

Prod ABC

101 Pilot 1x01
    102 Letting Go 1x02
    103 Buried Secrets 1x08
    104 All In The Family 1x07
    105 Society Hill 1x06
    106 Talking Heads 1x04
    107 Helping Hand 1x03
    108 Broken Home 1x09
    109 Point Of Origin ---- 2x05
    110 Dead Man Walking 1x05
    111 Second Chances ---- 2x06
    112 Missing ---- 2x03
    113 Hard Knocks ---- 2x07

201? Love Thy Neighbor 2x01
    202? Hunting Party 2x02
    112 Missing 2x03
    203? Lazarus Man 2x04
    109 Point Of Origin 2x05

111 Second Chances 2x06
    113 Hard Knocks 2x07

Feel free to add new info or correct any errors and omissions (and maybe put this listing in a new thread for that - which I can't do by myself here). For those with all the episodes recorded, I suggest rewatching them in proper order. I know I have, more than once. Enjoy :-)

{Sorry if this message loses it's formatting after submission - I can't control either. TV.com should provide better options for that.}

orxis

[10]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 6

You have double listed some episodes in both seasons.