Body of Proof Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

What is your Expectations off this new show "Body Of Proof".

mange85

[1]Sep 12, 2010
    • level: 6

I have created this topic, beacause here you can post what you think about this show, expectations and much more.
    is it a good or bad show, is the idea good or bad, or can this show make true and survive competion from other shows.

After i have seen the promo for Body of proof, it seems to be a competent show.
    the promo was good, it got me intrested of this show.
    but if its a keeper or a goner, that i dont now, it seems they have borrowed some from Crossing Jordan.

Body of proof have some potentials. i have to watch and see if this new show is good or not..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 17

From the commercials, I see that Dana's character thinks that whispering will make what she says seem more profound. This lowers my expectations for the show.

rorygould

[3]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 31

Seems to have borrowed from Crossing Jordan? The plot sounds identical to Crossing Jordan. Which had the same plot as Quincy, M.E. Don't get me wrong. I loved CJ, and liked Quincy. But come on. Let's be real. Medical examiner who doesn't know the line between just doing autopsies and solving crimes. Sound familiar? And they even added (in the show description) about the part about not dealing with their personal life. Sound familiar? The players may be different, but the plot? The same.

BartoszChojna

[4]Mar 29, 2011

It's quite decent show. 5 episodes were broadcasted here in Poland already (FoxLife channel)). She's in some ways like HOUSE, but deals with dead people... She also crosses boundaries when it comes to the actual investigation - acts like a "bad cop" sometimes, which doesn't make her quite popular amongst the detectives.

Edited on 03/29/2011 1:35pm

BarryWeen3

[5]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 14

rorygould wrote:

Seems to have borrowed from Crossing Jordan? The plot sounds identical to Crossing Jordan. Which had the same plot as Quincy, M.E. Don't get me wrong. I loved CJ, and liked Quincy. But come on. Let's be real. Medical examiner who doesn't know the line between just doing autopsies and solving crimes. Sound familiar? And they even added (in the show description) about the part about not dealing with their personal life. Sound familiar? The players may be different, but the plot? The same.

I expected that. How interesting will a show with a medical examiner as the main character be if he or she is not out there also investigating,unless of course, you make it a partnership like TNT's show Rizzoli & Isles where the cop and the ME are best friends.

Can kinda of look at it as passing the torch as we went from Quincy to Jordan and now to Megan. From the pilot I've seen, Megan looks to be as antisocial as House, with Jordan's push to know the truth or you can just say Jordan's pushiness .

JDintheOC

[6]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 4

Take one part House, one part Mentalist,add a splash of Quincy M.E. and there you have it. Body of Poof! (Pun intended). Unfortunately the writers seem to want to turn her into an overconfident female complete with snappy comebacks and a hip attitude. Also unfortunately, she comes across as a bit snarky. Only time will tell on this one.

Edited on 04/01/2011 9:03am
    Edited 2 total times.

mange85

[7]Apr 6, 2011

after 3 episodes, Body Of Proof is starting to be a good show to watch on Tuesdays, now whe can only hope the show gets better and better by the episode.

Now its only a decent show, and it can be a very good show.

CrazyAsian1080

[8]May 4, 2011
    • level: 7

This show is basically Bones meets Castle meets House. This show is so close to Bones I really wish there was a cross over in fact. I think that would be hilarious

CrazyAsian1080

[9]May 4, 2011
    • level: 7

Body of Proof vs. Bones

1. Super smart abrasive lead woman who solves crime

2. Lab rat who goes out into the field

3. Lead works under someone else but is really in charge of the lab

4. Buddy cop that follows her around and teachers her about the real world and how to connect

5. Bug guys

The list goes on but yeah...

BarryWeen3

[10]May 6, 2011
    • level: 14

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

This show is basically Bones meets Castle meets House. This show is so close to Bones I really wish there was a cross over in fact. I think that would be hilarious

Actually, I would say it's more Crossing Jordan with a bit of House tossed in. It's closer to Crossing Jordan than anything else.