Body of Proof

ABC (ended 2013)

TesserT

Body of Proof Fan Reviews (53)

• Review intended for 01.03.2013 - 'For your consideration'

'Body of Proof' would have to be one of the most criticised, under-appreciated programs on the ABC Network [or television, for that matter].

I've deduced that, for sundry viewers, the credulity of Body of Proof has been [somewhat] poor (for instance: Megan Hunt 'outrageously' participating in interrogations, the 'absurd' wardrobe) however; I associate this series with light-ish procedurals, such as USA's 'Burn Notice' and 'Covert Affairs', in addition to ABC's 'Castle' and CBS' 'The Mentalist'. You would cultivate an understanding that the aforementioned programs, as well as being quite melodramatic, portray a number of scenarios that are completely inconceivable, yet it's the charismatic, relatable personalities, ingenious, slick, sophisticated scripts and elaborate plotting that enthrall viewers weekly.

The departures of Peter Dunlop, Samantha Baker and Bud Morris, also, would have attributed to a decline in viewership. In all seriousness, citing C. Orlando, a 'TV Fanatic' staff writer, "Body of Proof Season 3 proved that change can not only be good, it can [also] keep you on the edge of your seat and cheering for more". Mark Valley [as Detective Tommy Sullivan] and Elyes Gabel [as Detective Adam Lucas] were refreshing additions to the cast.

'Abducted - Part 1' chalked up a mediocre 6.75mill (1.2/3 among 18-49), while this culminating episode registered a considerably diminished 6.37mill (1.2/3 among 18-49) suggesting that, at this rate, 'Body of Proof' could be in its final series.

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy 'Body of Proof' [despite its imperfections]. I don't tune-in weekly for anal structure and realism; on the contrary, the weekly cases are consistently fascinating, the interpersonal relationships are together amusing and heartwarming, and, above all, I can't get enough of Dana Delany as the sassy, sharp Dr. Megan Hunt.