Bonanza Forums

NBC (ended 1973)

do any of them get married?

dagurlpink2006

[1]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 7
    does Little Joe, Adam or Hoss get married in any future seasons?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sneddy2

[2]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 38

Joe does get married in the first episode of season 14 - Forever (shown in 2 parts on TVLand).  However, his wife is murdered later on.

Hoss and Adam nearly got married on a number of occassions but the ladies either left or died.

BartSimpson01

[3]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 3

lol,them cartwrights arent  ment to have wifes,lol

Elenyae

[4]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    Yup. I believe it was a long-running (I'd say gag, but it isn't a gag) theme that all the Cartwrights were somewhat unlucky with the ladies. After all, Ben DID manage to go through 3 wives, didn't he. *shruggle* I think somewhere it says that the producers didn't want to upset such a long-running concept, so none of the Cartwrights (save Joe) got married in the series.

Of course, there's nothing to say that Adam didn't marry a wild woman of Australia. *wink*

tvking1

[5]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 42
    Ben was a three-time widower, so only in that regard was he unlucky with the ladies. I don't remember for sure, but I'm sure other fans might, but in the reunion movies, or TV series, all three Cartwright brothers did end up marrying and have children. The newer series revolved around the offspring. The marriages happened sometime after the original series ended and before the newer one began. I don't remember how they handled the situation with Hoss, and I don't remember how his absence was explained after Dan Blocker died.

archangelwho

[6]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    Joe does the last season, the one after Don Blocker had passed away, but you don't see that one too often.

archangelwho

[7]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 18

tvking1 wrote:
    Ben was a three-time widower, so only in that regard was he unlucky with the ladies. I don't remember for sure, but I'm sure other fans might, but in the reunion movies, or TV series, all three Cartwright brothers did end up marrying and have children. The newer series revolved around the offspring. The marriages happened sometime after the original series ended and before the newer one began. I don't remember how they handled the situation with Hoss, and I don't remember how his absence was explained after Dan Blocker died.

In the remake about the children Hoss was killed saving a family traped in a rushing river. Joe was killed in Cuba with the Rough Riders. Adam was still in the land down under. I have never seen the one of the original where tey tell about Hoss. I do remember when Dan Blocker die as if it was yesterday.

tvking1

[8]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 42
    I too remember it well. It was the end for Bonanza.

skippercollecto

[9]Aug 28, 2010
    • level: 15

In a book I read about Bonanza, the episode Forever was originally written for Dan Blocker, but then he died and the script was rewritten for Michael Landon. But I wonder, if Dan Blocker had lived, would the character played by Bonnie Bedelia had lived too?