Bonekickers Forums

BBC (ended 2008)

Who's watching?

lovin_torchwood

[1]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 5

There doesn't seem to be much interest in Bonekickers. I'm wondering if anyone is actually still watching or is it just me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gadorian

[2]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    just watched latest ep on the iPlayer. really getting into the thing now. seems to be 2 major story arcs in just this first series alone. the obvious is this sword thing that keeps propping up that somehow made gillians mum go mad with obsession (guess itll happen to her now). the not so obvious is Viv the Interns ancestry. i rekon the swords background will be the first to be properly revealed because we the viewers r being treated as interns like viv. when gilly reveals to viv this big hush-hush bout a sword well be there to witness it. nyone have thoughts as to wot this sword is???? the only famous sword that i can think of is king Arthur's Excaliber. nyone else have ny ideas?????

Britgirlrnr

[4]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'm still watching. Burn Gorman is in next week's episode so am looking forward to that one.

happy-days-4-sr

[5]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 14
    yea, they seem to be using Torchwood characters (Matt Rippy this week, Burn Gorman next week) but I'm not complaining about it! I really like this show, the first ep was a bit gross with
    ***SPOILER***
    but I'm really getting into it now. Can't wait to find out about the sword...

gadorian

[6]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 6

gadorian wrote:
    ... i rekon the swords background will be the first to be properly revealed

wow was i ever wrong bout that one!!! n have i interpretted this right...is Vivian Gillian's (half) sister?????? well i never saw that coming!!!! i thought that shed b some lost princess of india or summat. as for the episode...only a matter of time b4 they did summat involving joan of arc. didnt really like the gillys whole its-british-its-our-site-selfishness. a brief glimpse of the sword again. n nxt week we r gunna veiw summat bout arthur. will this b king arthur??? will we find out more bout this sword. one guess im willing to make is that arthur owned this sword that the magwild's (sp?) have been going crazy bout. shame bout leaving dolly from the finalle. n that guy goes n nicks off with j.o.a. remains guess well be seeing more of that story l8r on.

on a downer now does nyone feel the bbc is tip-toeing round us a bit i mean all that pomp with the m.o.d goin on bout "would i kill for my regiment" n getting them to face the wall n just ends up leaving bit of a cop out tbh. dont get me wrong obviously we cant have ny of the main characters dying n i was kinda expecting the german n french heads to follow n crack the guy over the skull or summat but for him to just walk off like that?? come on!! surely they would have heard his scuffling n picking up all the bones

Gad

lovin_torchwood

[7]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 5
    That was a shocking twist of events I'm with you about expecting viv to have some shocking background. I was expecting her to have lost her parents or been abbandoned as a young child or maybe be an illegal imigrant that got brought over from another country as a child or something. That was really unexpected I wonder if Gillian will accept it or push her away?

happy-days-4-sr

[8]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    i kinda had an incling - my mum's one of those people who guesses murderers in seconds and ruins dective shows for you, so i guess I'm picking it up from her. I'm pretty sure Gillian's gonna push Viv away. But meh, hoping for a good finale. This ep was great.

Daxxanna

[9]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    Still watching but not head over heels about it. Hope it picks up more pace soon

suiycfui

[10]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    I'm watching, but barely. Next few episodes better pick it up or this is going to be a single-series show.

jezzasparky

[11]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 3

suiycfui wrote:
    I'm watching, but barely. Next few episodes better pick it up or this is going to be a single-series show.

It's the last episode tonight - watched it every week though REALLY not sure why!

And to answer the earlier question about famous swords - there is also the Sword in the Stone - which, according to some versions of the Arthurian legend is different to Excalibur - but I guessed at the end of the second episode that it'll be Excalibur - and judging from the tv blurb for tonight's finale....

Could be wrong of course:-)