A Bones Community
Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOX

The neck bone's connected to the head bone, and the Season 9 Bones is connected to the Season 10 Bones: Fox has officially renewed the veteran crime procedural for a tenth season. Kevin Reilly, chairman of entertainment for Fox, hinted during the recent Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour that renewal was likely to happen and now it's happened, so it sounds like this was decided awhile ago and the network was just waiting to announce it until details was finalized. There's no indication that Season 10 will be the show's last, but it's widely considered by people in the biz (technical term) to be the end of the road for Booth and Brennan. 

Fox also announced that Bones will return to its former time slot of Monday nights at 8pm beginning on March 10, after Almost Human wraps its first season on Monday, March 3. The series is currently airing on Fridays, where it will air one last episode this Friday, January 31 before taking a short hiatus.

This renewal is kind of a big deal, so I did some digging (get it, because it's about bones?), because I honestly couldn't remember the last time a non-animated series on Fox lasted ten seasons. Now, I could be wrong, but according to my very thorough two-minute perusal of Wikipedia, the last Fox series to run for ten seasons was Beverly Hills, 90210. You know, the original one with Donna Martin. That went off the air in 2000. The X-Files lasted nine seasons, and 24 lasted eight (the Live Another Day miniseries that premieres in May will technically be Season 9), so this isn't just a big milestone for Bones, but also for its network. And probably David Boreanaz, too, because I feel like the dude hasn't left my TV screen since 1997 and oh my God, I just realized David Boreanaz has been on TV for nearly 20 years. I need to go lie down. 

Are you excited for Season 10? And are you shocked about the odd staying power of David Boreanaz? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/21/2017

Season 12 : Episode 11

Next Episode

AIRS ON 3/28/2017

Season 12 : Episode 12

60 Comments
Comments (60)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Is Bones coming back on the air in March 2015?!?!
Flag
I am so looking forward to Bones returning for Season 10. This is one of the best dramas on FOX and I like the characters. It is always a good thing when a drama series this good has stayed on the air this long.
Flag
This show is by far one the best ongoing crime dramas i have ever watched. I don't think i could ever get bored of any of the characters in this show and every episode still leaves me wanting more so i am definately well chuffed its returning for another season..
Flag
I love crime dramas, so as long as they keep finding dead bodies and solving the murders, count me in because I can never get bored with that as long as I like the characters. Now that I'm basically down to Bones, Castle, CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS and Rizzoli and Isles in the summer...I will take every season they give!
Flag
Geeez!!! Y'all are ruthless! Love the show-characters are great! Tv suppose to be mindless fun right? This is a solid one I can watch and count on! Hope it never ends ;)
Flag
I think the show is going great and I don't see why it should end any time soon. we'll see after the end of this season or last, I guess.
Flag
David Boreanaz has 3 tv shows in sydaction that have him in it. that well hell oj a job their
Flag
I used to like it but I stopped watching after the lame way the writers dealt with Emily's pregnancy.
Flag
'Bones' is still on the air? Gave up on this show years ago when it became wash, rinse, repeat, take a nap. BORING repetitive nonsense still going and going and going just so its equally as boring cast can still keep picking up checks. Yep, that's network television for you.
Flag
Angel still is my favorite show of all time. So yeah, David Boreanaz. And Amy Acker
Flag
married with children did 11 seasons
Flag
Wonder if this is a condition for little sis Zooey continuing with "New Girl" ?
Flag
I did not think this show had the staying power for 10 seasons. Really, it kind of doesn't, given all the repetitiveness. I rather hope it is the last season.
Flag
This will delight AARP members; I can save people watching 22 episodes. Someone will (often literally) stumble on a body in an odd place; the first person whom the team questions and dismisses will be the culprit; the titular Bones will look disgusted and say offensive things for which she will be forgiven because she is brilliant and loved; Booth will spout Catholic and macho man dogma.
Flag
I've grown very tired of virtually every episode following the same exact formula in recent years. The thing I've especially gotten tired of is nearly every single ending, where no matter which other regular cast member had the most interesting role and/or subplot in any particular episode, the final scene always starts with a montage of D. C. landmarks at night followed by Brennan and Booth having some sort of pleasant-ish family moment at home. I know they're the main stars but shake up the endings every now and then, writers, okay? Let an episode's end focus on someone else for a change.
Flag
I think Bones should already have ended, I like it but a show where every episode is basically the same thing is very tiring, and 10 seasons are way more than enough
Flag
If u tired don't watch, nobody force u to watch
Flag
Amen, Sister!
Flag
I'm surprised it happened. DB had hinted earlier in the season that this season would be the last. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded. It isn't bad, so much as it seems ....tired.

I just hope no one else on the show has kids. Two is more than enough.
Flag
Funny thing is that the track of Boreanaz's career makes "DB" apt on two levels.
Flag
Can it stop sucking now then please? Last season and a bit have gone downhill massively in terms of writing and stories, probably since Bones had the baby, adding kids ruin shows, don't do it :(
Flag
Congrats to David, the man has given me some great screen-time in his life!
Flag
I can like that :-)
Flag
I'm glad its sticking around for another year, I've watched it from the beginning. I remember the first season was some pretty painful (Emily I think was finding her feet with the character and wasn't great) viewing but it's improved substantially over the years. I still can't shake Boreanaz as Angel though, he was awesome as that tortured Vampire and remember Jeremy Renner was his childe 'Penn' awww... those were the days!
Flag
I disagree; she was more interesting when she was quirky and clueless regarding the world; this added uniqueness to the show.

I also LOVED the quiet boy turned serial killer and hated seeing him go.
Flag
I wondered what happened to David Boreanaz after Angel. Apparently, he's been on something called Bones.
Flag
Ho hum
Flag
Wow words seriously cannot express how utterly relieved I am about this news! I was so afraid that Fox would give this show the axe but I am so psyched that they decided to renew it! I have been a Bones fan 4 a long time and have watched the show on & off 4 the past few years but I started to rediscover my love for it during it's 6th Season. and have been as addicted to it again ever since! I am so excited to watch the rest of this season and how the creators wrap up this Ghost Killer storyline!
Flag
With all due respect, it is just TV. Being a fan is fine but getting sooooo wrapped up in any show truly is not healthy. Writing purely out of genuine concern, are you going to go into a deep depression next May.

I have written TV on DVD reviews for seven years and currently operate "Unreal TV" under http://www.classictvdvdreviews.blogspot.com

I have seen people get scary fanatic about shows; the "Jericho" rangers still obsess about new episodes or a movie several years since the cancellation and "I Dream of Jeannie" fans play out the master/slave fantasy to a frightening level.
Flag
While I appreciate you're concern I can assure you that I have maintained my love for TV without being too obsessed
Flag
david boreanaz can stay as long as he wants on my TV screen, I really don't mind
Flag
Staff
I'm good with it. I just felt very old once I realized how long I'd been watching him on TV.
Flag
I completely understand, it's tough not being immortal
Flag
So happy! Love this team of people!
Flag
He is the only reason I started watching the show in the firs place. #angel

Flag
*first
Flag
Is Boreanaz's 17 years a record? - Most consecutive years starring on prime time network television?
Flag
He also took a year off between 2004-2005.
Flag
Definitely not, Kelsey Grammer played the same character on prime time TV for 20 years (Frasier Crane on Cheers and Frasier)
Flag
I love the show, but please let this be it.
Flag
I was just thing the same thing! 17 straight years on TV! DB has come a long way! Watch the first season of Buffy and any season of Bones and you can see how much better Boreanaz has grown as an actor.
I can remember being *so* nervous during S1 that the show wouldn't get picked up. And now they headed into S10! *smh*
Flag
Follow this Show
Members