A Bones Community
Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX
I could be miss remembering this, But i recall that in the first season Bones said that she was in foster care until she was taken out by her grandfather. Have they ever touched on this and i missed it? Because it seems to me they never explained how Bones got out of foster care and into fancy private schools.
9 Comments
Comments (9)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
When her father gave her the ring from her mother's side of the family she was surprised to learn that she had relatives, especially grand parents and when she asked about Max's side he said that the only family he ever had was his wife and his children, to summerize she definetly haven't been taken out of the system by a grandfather she didn't know he existed. Maybe she told Booth that her grandfather got her out to prevent him from asking more questions, I hope they wil clarify this point because I don't want it to be a flaw that they decided to ignore.
Flag
I don't remember that... I was always under the impression that she just aged out of foster care.
Flag
It was mentioned in the first season in the same episode we find out she was a foster kid she says she was in foster care until her grandfather got her out and then it was never mentioned again.
Flag
I don't think it was her grandfather that got her out of Foster Care but her brother Russ(?) This was mentioned in Season 2 when Dr Saroyan first joined. Brennan knew a little too much about being a foster kid with her garbage bag comment to the young boy. I think that was a public high school that she suffered through. Her class reunion was an episode. After that it was intelligence and working her rear end off.
Flag
It definently wasn't Russ that got her out. IN season 1 episode 10 where the victim was raised by her brother, Brennan wondered what life would have been like if Russ had raised her.
Flag
Good point.I assume they may touch on it next season or as far as I know later this season.I'd like to delve back into brennan's life like they had in the first couple of seasons.Thanks for bringing this up.

P.S. BRING ZACK BACK!!!
Flag
I hope they get into it and it's not just one of those details that they bring up in the first season of a show and then ignore it the rest of the series. Kind of like how they sometimes replace characters/actors after the pilot or first season.
Flag
I always thought it was a grandmother who got her out. But I agree it has never been mentioned again and she doesn't seem to have any family.
Flag
Pretty sure it was a grandfather. Whatever th the comment I am thinking of happened in season one with that episode with the foster kids and the little boy that died. I think anyway.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members