Addiction by any other name. Please BEWARE OF SPOILERS

  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [21]Nov 26, 2010
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    carioca22 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    He just missed his girlfriend.... obviously they have a great relationship... the problem is that it is not the relationship he wants... but it is the one he has...


    It's not just it. There's something else underneath.
    The Booth we used to know doesn't ditch and lie to friends like that.


    You hit the nail on the head...'the Booth we knew' (and the Booth Bones knew too)...He has been missing so far this season and in more ways than one...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of penelope1985

    penelope1985

    [22]Nov 26, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,373
    Geri08 wrote:
    carioca22 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    He just missed his girlfriend.... obviously they have a great relationship... the problem is that it is not the relationship he wants... but it is the one he has...


    It's not just it. There's something else underneath.
    The Booth we used to know doesn't ditch and lie to friends like that.


    You hit the nail on the head...'the Booth we knew' (and the Booth Bones knew too)...He has been missing so far this season and in more ways than one...


    He's avoiding...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [23]Nov 26, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414

    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    carioca22 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    He just missed his girlfriend.... obviously they have a great relationship... the problem is that it is not the relationship he wants... but it is the one he has...
    It's not just it. There's something else underneath. The Booth we used to know doesn't ditch and lie to friends like that.
    You hit the nail on the head...'the Booth we knew' (and the Booth Bones knew too)...He has been missing so far this season and in more ways than one...
    He's avoiding...
    I get this feeling too. He's running away from everything that has a tint of Brennan. Herself, her squints, the jeffersonian...


    Hannah has become his flashier tie.


    The closer he gets from Brennan and old feelings the more sex he has with Hannah.

    Edited on 11/26/2010 1:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of penelope1985

    penelope1985

    [24]Nov 26, 2010
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,373
    carioca22 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    carioca22 wrote:
    penelope1985 wrote:
    He just missed his girlfriend.... obviously they have a great relationship... the problem is that it is not the relationship he wants... but it is the one he has...


    It's not just it. There's something else underneath.
    The Booth we used to know doesn't ditch and lie to friends like that.


    You hit the nail on the head...'the Booth we knew' (and the Booth Bones knew too)...He has been missing so far this season and in more ways than one...


    He's avoiding...


    I get this feeling too. He's running away from everything that has a tint of Brennan. Herself, her squints, the jeffersonian...


    Exactly! He avoids everything that has to do with Brennan because he cannot avoid Brennan herself...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [25]Dec 2, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414
    Doesn't it sound right?

    "He said they weren't going to do high school but that's just what they've written. Booth is the star quarterback, Hannah the head cheerleader and Brennan the geeky nerd who has a crush on the quarterback but can't get him to pay any attention to her at all. He'll let her help with his homework but no way he's going to ditch the cheerleader to take nerdy girl to the senior prom." EL

    Fits perfectly in the last episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grissomsidle

    grissomsidle

    [26]Jan 5, 2011
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,038

    penelope1985 wrote:
    He just missed his girlfriend.... obviously they have a great relationship... the problem is that it is not the relationship he wants... but it is the one he has...


    Doubtful very doubtful. I mean that he just missed his girlfriend.



    He ran to have sex to get away from the family he had essentially created you know in previous seasons by turning them into his people and thinks he can't have. He ran away so he doesn't have to deal with the pain. It's much easier to go get lost in sex with your girlfriend whom you have a stellar relationship(please note that there is sarcasm there on the 'stellar' part. I know he does have a good relationship with H but not as great as he'd like us to believe) with than sit next to the woman that's the love your life and can't have while hearing happy news about your friends (news that you already know).


    Plus spending outside of work time with Brennan at that point mostly is unthinkable to him. Entirely too hard to endure. He came back from Afghanistan and those feelings that maybe he thought were diminished or whatever came on strong and he had to remind himself he's in a serious committed relationship with Hannah now. "Serious as a heart attack" anyone? He couldn't have said well, it's very serious. Okay, I am stretching. It's also almost 7am and nearing my bed time. (It's my graveyard job). So, half of this is probably not even close to being senseable. Whatever. I think you understand. Booth needs a newsflash. As in he never ever stopped loving Temperance Brennan. Oh I am going to stop now. I am just rambling. Sorry.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marple62

    marple62

    [27]Jan 7, 2011
    • member since: 01/07/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 36

    Interesting discussions about Booth.


    My problem with him begins with the crappy offer of a game toward Brennan in the 100 th. He went so bad about it, he didn´t listen to what she answered, he agreed when she said she couldn´t change and then said he had to move on. To find a woman who could be that to him. I understand he was nervous and Sweets really pressured him into it (wich i totally don´t get why). All that could be ok if he then just tried to move on dated casually maybe, but instead he goes straight for falling in love moving along so fast to be serious and really showing it off for Bones repeatedly.The worst since he came back he doesnt even seem to see her as a friend anymore. He abandoned her.


    In doing all this he does exactly, what Sully did (the crappy offer, say no and i leave), he went against what both Cam and Sweets told him to not do to her (tell her and then change his mind)


    However he is behaving around her for being hurt or being honest toward his girlfriend would never be if he had handled it decently toward Brennan when he told her about his feelings. If he wasn´t sure he could take it and stick around he shouldn´t have told her.


    He didn´t even gave her more than a minute before he told her he would move on.


    Then now if there is going to be a B/B in the near future (we don´t know that yet) it would be so cheap and unrealistic.


    Sorry for the ranting but that is how i think of him.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Geri08

    Geri08

    [28]Jan 7, 2011
    • member since: 03/22/08
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 11,631
    marple62 wrote:

    Interesting discussions about Booth.


    My problem with him begins with the crappy offer of a game toward Brennan in the 100 th. He went so bad about it, he didn´t listen to what she answered, he agreed when she said she couldn´t change and then said he had to move on. To find a woman who could be that to him. I understand he was nervous and Sweets really pressured him into it (wich i totally don´t get why). All that could be ok if he then just tried to move on dated casually maybe, but instead he goes straight for falling in love moving along so fast to be serious and really showing it off for Bones repeatedly.The worst since he came back he doesnt even seem to see her as a friend anymore. He abandoned her.


    In doing all this he does exactly, what Sully did (the crappy offer, say no and i leave), he went against what both Cam and Sweets told him to not do to her (tell her and then change his mind)


    However he is behaving around her for being hurt or being honest toward his girlfriend would never be if he had handled it decently toward Brennan when he told her about his feelings. If he wasn´t sure he could take it and stick around he shouldn´t have told her.


    He didn´t even gave her more than a minute before he told her he would move on.


    Then now if there is going to be a B/B in the near future (we don´t know that yet) it would be so cheap and unrealistic.


    Sorry for the ranting but that is how i think of him.



    I am finding it hard to believe just how they can bring a plausible chemistry back between these two after all this...I hope that by some miracle they can...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grissomsidle

    grissomsidle

    [29]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,038

    *shakes head* He Did NOT abandon her. He would have to have been the one to go away first and the one who wanted to leave more. Stop throwing crap at Booth. I am frustrated with him at this moment a bit but I love the guy. I love Brennan as well but she is responsible for her part. That cannot be forgotten. We can make excuses for her all day long but she still made her choice. She still said, "No" to him and that IS on HER. I cried with her in the car scene I feel for her but to be harsh and truthful it's partly her fault that they are where they are.


    Booth well, he's at fault too. He should have treated Temperance better throughout the first part of season 6 but he didn't. I honestly believe he doesn't know how to really manage Hannah and Brennan. I mean together. But that doesn't make it better. It does mean I have been rather understanding and get that he can't be what he used to to Bones. It means I get him saying no to Brennan in the car. I understand that. For him to have done anything other than what he did would have made him less than an honorable man and I won't stand for that. Not at all.


    Now like I said I am frustrated with him right now. That's because of what the recent promo indicates. But I still love Booth. BB absolutely still have chemistry it was there in the first episode of Season 6. Booth may need to be hit up side the head but that's beside the point. I know I am going on and on but I just get so angry when people give him a ration of crap for being human. He Makes Mistakes Just Like Everyone Else. So does Brennan and she admitted it. It may be good for her that she's not getting exactly what she wants when she finally decides/realizes she wants it. Temperance is a big girl and I love her. Please please don't think that I don't because I do. I love them both and they've really just been idiots about this whole thing.


    "Love is an idiot"

    Edited on 01/08/2011 1:08am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grissomsidle

    grissomsidle

    [30]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,038

    All right so I am no longer seeing red. What I was trying to get at is that BB are to blame for where they are at in their relationship. All of their decisions apart and together have led them to where they are at. He rushed too quickly into a committed relationship and she took awhile to figure out that she shouldn't have said no to Booth. They are both suffering for it. In their own ways admittedly. In fact he probably doesn't think he's suffering. You know because he's "Happy". I know he is to a degree. It's possible to love two people at once. Temperance is suffering and we know it. It really sucks for her to have to see Booth but someone else but oh what 10 months ago now she made her choice. Booth well, he shouldn't have rushed Bones and took the gamble too soon. That's on him. But when he did it, (you remember that dam that Sweets talked about) he broke it. It set what's been happening into motion. It's been an avalanche. He moves on. They come back. Bones sees Booth with Hannah. Bones' world gets turned upside down. And is brought to the realization she made a mistake. Now, it seems she's too late.


    Temperance is wrong very very wrong. He'll come back to her. Booth will come back to her. Booth belongs to Temperance Brennan and she to him. And not in a possessive sense. Its just what it is. There is no changing it. Not. Ever.


    True love never really misses it chance. If it's meant to be it'll eventually find away. Which it is. (I so don't care if this seems like I am clinging to BB)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marple62

    marple62

    [31]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 01/07/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 36

    I do get your point and how you see it. I just don´t see it like that. I think Booth should have known Brennan better, he is the heart person the one who can understant people and feelings, she do not.


    I blame him for not listening and for not giving her any time at all ( like Sully take it or leave it). She doesn´t work like that. When i think he abandones her is how i see him giving up immediatly, moving on so fast to a serious relationship and to me he abandons her as her best friend. What i have seen this season is a Booth who goes against everything he has been preaching for her about love, family and friendship.


    Oh and i agree she is a grown up strong woman and she should take some blame too, she didn´t beleive in love and was too afraid to take a gamble on them. I think she has understood that as she says she missed her chanse, she regrets her saying no to him. She has supported him moving on and been nice to Hannah.


    I didn´t much like that she told him her feelings of regret, felt a bit OOC, but i can understand that she felt she needed to tell him to be able to let go


    That is just my view and i don´t mind others way to view them, we are all different with different backgrounds and i hope others feel the same.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grissomsidle

    grissomsidle

    [32]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,038

    I do apologize. I am so not trying to actually attack you about the way you see it. The thing is it's frustrating for me and I can usually keep myself in check. What I am saying is that I have to remind myself that I am going to not completely get someone else's view all the time and I have to accept that.

    Now, I really don't think it was his intention to be all take it or leave it with Brennan like Sully was. I believe this stuff with Hannah was partly to escape the pain of having been rejected. As for the giving up immediately, the rejection may have indeed played apart in all of that. He took rather a big risk by even telling her that he wanted to give them a shot. Not to mention I am not sure it would have worked for him to persist with Brennan. It seems the only way for her to even see that she should give them a shot was for Booth to move on.

    I mean there was the whole point that HH seemed to make with the doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome = insanity. In the past when it mattered who left first (I mean with BB), it was Brennan who did it up until Season 5 finale at the end. He comes to the airport they hold hands talk and then he lets go of her hand first and then after he's walked a way he turns looks at her and walks off again First. For them to happen it has to not be the same thing over and over again. Booth trying again and again wasn't necessarily going to help.

    However, to be completely fair about my last couple of paragraphs they could be considered me making excuses for him which isn't fair and his actions are still on him no matter what.

    I can see why it could be seen as abandoning her as a best friend. I am not sure he knows how to treat Brennan as just a friend. For so long its been more than that. Anyway, it could be another excuse. But to me the important part and really the one I think that matters ultimately the most is that he has not actually, physically abandoned her. Nor completely as a friend because I think he tries sometimes and others it's too difficult or something to that effect. I said that him not having actually abandoned her is the most important because this is what Max and Russ and Sully all did. They went away and so they weren't there. She can't fight with or be ignored by someone that's abandoned her. She can't admit her feelings to that person. Can't talk to them or anything because the person is not present. Booth is present. Can be talked to and fought with and heck he can even ignore her and her him if wanted.

    Okay, now that I've rambled on I'll stop. Again, I am sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything I am just passionate about this I guess. Thanks for reminding me that we really all do take different views on things.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marple62

    marple62

    [33]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 01/07/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 36

    You don´t have to say sorry, i didn´t see it as an attack. I just wanted to put it out there, cause it´s so easy to be upset when we feel so much for this show and characters and i hope i don´t offend someone with my view.


    I just noticed another thing i feel different about and i have read others say too. That Booth would have repeatedly gone after Brennan and she has fled. I have never seen it like that either. To me they have both felt a lot for each other and always been therefor the other too all through the previous seasons. The only ways shown of her leaving him has been the one they showed in the 100 th and that she left in the taxi again after the gravedigger case.I guess that was the point they wanted us to see with those scenes.


    I think the main dissapointment here is the change of the show in all ( no matter the reason). It is a completly different show it doesn´t give me the feeling of joy and doesn´t make me laugh and feel good after it aired anymore. I just feel disappointed, angry and sad. Even up to the point i can´t watch it anymore. I don´t get why they tptb are doing this.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grissomsidle

    grissomsidle

    [34]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,038

    Good, I am glad that you didn't see it that way. I guess I felt it could be taken that way because of how fired up I get sometimes.


    I think checking out the second post down on this link would be interesting to do. http://everythinghappenseventually.blogspot.com/



    Rather how about thoughts on that post I linked too?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marple62

    marple62

    [35]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 01/07/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 36

    I did read a little on that site receantly. I didn´t like the setup on the first page so i didn´t continue. She might be all right and that is what they are going for. I just don´t think that would be a good thing on a tv- show. It would fit more in a movie or a book. As i said in the last post i´m disappointed in how the show has changed. I watched it to be entertained, feel good. I´m not up for forcing myself to sit through a whole season or more of angst and depression, that´s not what they set us up for. After all these years i do feel cheated.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grissomsidle

    grissomsidle

    [36]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,038
    marple62 wrote:

    I did read a little on that site receantly. I didn´t like the setup on the first page so i didn´t continue. She might be all right and that is what they are going for. I just don´t think that would be a good thing on a tv- show. It would fit more in a movie or a book. As i said in the last post i´m disappointed in how the show has changed. I watched it to be entertained, feel good. I´m not up for forcing myself to sit through a whole season or more of angst and depression, that´s not what they set us up for. After all these years i do feel cheated.



    I am sorry you feel that way. We don't know each other that well but I feel like I should give you an internet hug. I think I've finally run out of stuff to say which I am sure you're happy about but it's getting close to the end of my shift and closer to me taking a nap. Since it's Saturday and all I only nap after I get off work.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marple62

    marple62

    [37]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 01/07/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 36

    Thanks for the chat ( or listening to my rant) I´ll send an internet hug right back.


    See you another day

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grissomsidle

    grissomsidle

    [38]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,038
    Yeah, it was interesting. Thank you.

    Have a good day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.