Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Bones is moving to Thursday nights in January 2009

Twisted247

[1]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 3

Okay so this is my first time I`ve every written in a forum, so please be nice. I just couldn`t sit back and say nothing about this time slot change.

I was just wondering if Bones moving to Thursday nights is screwing up anyone else`s TV schedule, or is it just me?

I already have quite a few shows that I watch on Thursday nights and Bones moving to Thursdays is just going to overload that night for me. I will still of course find a way to fit it in, I`m still not sure how I`m going to do that, but I will. I just don`t understand what was wrong with keeping it in its original time slot on Wednesday?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AnTe210

[2]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 5

Your question needs a two-part answer, because what's wrong with it being on Wednesday night is:

1) Fox has TWO major shows returning - American Idol, with its greedy 2-hours of air time per week minimum (it's *4* hours the first few weeks!!!), and "24" - so they needed at least 3 hours from their scant 10 hour primetime weeknight schedule to accomodate them.

AND

2) putting "Bones" on opposite new seasons of both "Idol" and the returning "Lost" on Wednesday nights could have been the death of our favorite show.

So however inconvenient it's gonna be for me, I'm trying to suck it up & take the long view: at least "Bones" IS returning, and with decent ratings there's a good chance it'll get renewed for another year. It's also possible they'll move it back to Wednesdays once "Idol" is only airing 1 hr per night...

...I can dream, can't I?

Edward_Nigma

[3]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 54

Previous discussion of this is here ... but that's awhile back now (page 7) so I'll let this slide ... especially since you said to be nice, I'd feel bad locking this right up. As long as the other thread isn't bumped back up we can keep timeslot change discussion to this thread then. For future reference though, it's always good to check back and see if a topic you want to make has already been made, and if it's for something important like this then chances are than it already exists.

Anways...to be honest, Bones is being degraded to post-broadcast watching for me. I'll just tape it and watch it later that night or more likely the next night. Smallville is my favorite show so sorry Bones, you lose. Not to say I dislike Bones though...I still enjoy it a lot, just not as much as Smallville (more years of loyalty to Smallville).

To answer your question about the timeslot change, it's necessary because American Idol takes over the Wednesday at 8pm timeslot. Then Fox is gonna use the 9pm slot to launch a new show (Lie to Me) and give it a nice ratings boost. Bones shows great audience retention when it switches timeslots, so Fox isn't too worried about moving it around (yet again). Ugly Betty grabs the women during that time, and Survivor gets the old people...so Smallville I'd say is the biggest competitor, but being on The CW it's audience isn't all that huge to begin with, so I'm sure Bones will be okay.

Twisted247

[4]Jan 5, 2009

sorry about repeating a topic, i did do a search and a quick scan through all the pages in the forum, but i guess i must have missed it. thanks for the explaination for the timeslot change, makes sense. i really wish american idol wasn`t so popular and finally got cancelled that would definitely solve the problem. i can`t wait until american idol finally gets cancelled, it takes up timeslots on 2 nights and in my opinion is a waste of time, unfortunately i don`t think it will get cancelled any time soon. i guess i`ll just have to adjust my schedule and deal with bones on thursday.

TvMadde

[5]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 17
    Welcome to the forum writing community

I can't put that in a way that doesnt make me sound like a bimbo

Does anyone know about the Uk timeslot? Last i heard, we were getting it in the UK about March cause of another break in the US timeslot?!

I never KNEW their was a break

Anyone know about that?

bbyboop1977

[6]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 10
    Well I don't much like the change as they are changing everything because of american idol, but I don't really have anything to watch on thursday at 8 so I'm good as long as they do not put it on at 9

kdtfiles

[7]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 23
    It messes my TV viewing up alot. I already had 3 other shows to watch at that time on Thursdays. Now I've got to find a way to record yet another one. Plus I have night classes on Thursday this quarter :ARG: Good thing they play the new eps on Hulu

Bleumke

[8]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 14
    Well for me it's not that messed up. I can't watch it in America, and friday is my day off, so I can download and watch then (CSI, Grey's Anatomy and Bones )

Twisted247

[9]Jan 8, 2009

bbyboop1977 wrote:
    Well I don't much like the change as they are changing everything because of american idol, but I don't really have anything to watch on thursday at 8 so I'm good as long as they do not put it on at 9

i totally agree, if it was on at 9 i think it would just kill me too. as long as is stays on at 8 i should be able to figure out a way to fit it in.

if not i also like the idea of downloading it, if i can find a place to watch it online.

ilani2004

[10]Feb 1, 2009
    I completley agree. I have my Thursday line up as well and this has put me in a small bind. Thank goodness we have a dvr and I can have it recorded right away. I like that too because I can fast foward the commercials. But that's ok too cause Mondays I had other shows as well. Whatever the case is, I love it and will always be watching as long as they keep the show on!

caitfate

[11]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 7

I was a little peeved by the move as well. I loved my House/Bones combo on Wednesdays. I was very comfortable with it. I did watch Smallville at 8 on the CW, but I'm afraid Bones is going to take presidence over it. (Sorry Smallville, but since you decided to re-re-reintroduce the Clark/Lana love affair, my ratings for you have declined greatly.) Just as long as they don't decide to move Bones to 9 I will be fine. Choosing between Booth&Brennan and Sam&Dean would be a lot harder!!

American Idol is a power hunger, time-slot nazi that needs to be put down!

caitfate

[12]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    I have to say, kdtfiles, I absolutely LOVE your avatar and all of your pics in your signature!!