Bones Renewed for Season 7 -- Speculation and Spoilers Here

fayelouise_8813

[21]May 9, 2011
    • level: 7
    YES
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LinaLoN

[22]May 9, 2011
    • level: 6

I know one thing... if they replace Brennan with the Finder I'm not watching Bones until Brennan comes back. To me it's not Bones without Dr. Brennan... otherwise they might as well rename the show; "Booth" Undecided

Geri08

[23]May 10, 2011
    • level: 31
    LinaLoN wrote:

I know one thing... if they replace Brennan with the Finder I'm not watching Bones until Brennan comes back. To me it's not Bones without Dr. Brennan... otherwise they might as well rename the show; "Booth" Undecided

I do not think it is Bones without either Bones or Booth! I think that they should wait for Emily to be back from maternity leave...I 'personally' would hate for them to fill in with the Finder...I did not like the Finder and would really be surprised if it went to series...And if they try and get a few episodes made off the back of Bones and ED's pregnancy I would not be too pleased...

kazgirl80

[24]May 10, 2011
    • level: 2

considering the number of breaks we've had this season, as frustrating as it's been, I think they should schedule their breaks within the time Emily will be off. there's been seven or eight weeks in total this season when the shows been on hiatus. at least if they did it because of Emily's pregnancy, fans would be a lot more patient, and personally, I'd rather have a break in the season than multiple eps that are only fillers until she gets back.

there was talk about going into Booths back story, and that's great, but I want Bones to be there with him for the majority of those storylines.

Geri08

[25]May 10, 2011
    kazgirl80 wrote:

considering the number of breaks we've had this season, as frustrating as it's been, I think they should schedule their breaks within the time Emily will be off. there's been seven or eight weeks in total this season when the shows been on hiatus. at least if they did it because of Emily's pregnancy, fans would be a lot more patient, and personally, I'd rather have a break in the season than multiple eps that are only fillers until she gets back.

there was talk about going into Booths back story, and that's great, but I want Bones to be there with him for the majority of those storylines.

Ditto. I think that they should start the season when Emily is around too...

LinaLoN

[26]May 10, 2011

SO ED is filing out alot already it doesn't mean she can't totally be a part of Season 7. Maybe she could be in Canada (like the Tempe from the books to fill in for thei rFA) and transmit some evidence discoveries via skype that way we don't have to "see any hints of pregancy", they don't have to "hide" or "cover" anything, and they can still include Brennan in on cases. Up till around she has the baby then go to the "Booth's past episode" but only for 1 episode. This arrangement seems way more fair to fans of Bones then cutting Brennan out of most of season 7, replacing them with the Finder crap, just because ED is pregnant. They should have been prepared for this when ED got married... duh...

Edited on 05/10/2011 8:16pm

BarryWeen3

[28]May 11, 2011
    • level: 14

LinaLoN wrote:

SO ED is filing out alot already it doesn't mean she can't totally be a part of Season 7. Maybe she could be in Canada (like the Tempe from the books to fill in for thei rFA) and transmit some evidence discoveries via skype that way we don't have to "see any hints of pregancy", they don't have to "hide" or "cover" anything, and they can still include Brennan in on cases. Up till around she has the baby then go to the "Booth's past episode" but only for 1 episode. This arrangement seems way more fair to fans of Bones then cutting Brennan out of most of season 7, replacing them with the Finder crap, just because ED is pregnant. They should have been prepared for this when ED got married... duh...

Well, I agree that HH should have been aware of the fact that ED might get pregnant after she got married, but how in the world do you expect him to predict when that was going to happen?

I can see it now...HH to ED: "Okay, congrats on the marriage. Now I know you're probably planning on having a family, but here are the rules, you only get pregnant near the end of season filming, that way during the early parts of your pregnancy, you won't be showing on screen, and I won't have to deal with trying to play "hide the bump". Then during the offseason, you can fill out, have your baby, have a couple of weeks of maternity leave, and be right ready to go straight back to work when we begin filming the new season." ED to HH: "Suuuureee, I'll get right on that."

Geri08

[29]May 11, 2011

BarryWeen3 wrote:

LinaLoN wrote:

Well, I agree that HH should have been aware of the fact that ED might get pregnant after she got married, but how in the world do you expect him to predict when that was going to happen?

I can see it now...HH to ED: "Okay, congrats on the marriage. Now I know you're probably planning on having a family, but here are the rules, you only get pregnant near the end of season filming, that way during the early parts of your pregnancy, you won't be showing on screen, and I won't have to deal with trying to play "hide the bump". Then during the offseason, you can fill out, have your baby, have a couple of weeks of maternity leave, and be right ready to go straight back to work when we begin filming the new season." ED to HH: "Suuuureee, I'll get right on that."

Don't you know Matt! That's exactly how it should have been!Smile

EddandBEANS

[30]May 11, 2011
    Depends. I just want them to start their relationship and end it with something big. Keep it very humorous and keep the tension between them going and it'll be fine for 1 more season.

Geri08

[31]May 11, 2011
    EddandBEANS wrote:
    Depends. I just want them to start their relationship and end it with something big. Keep it very humorous and keep the tension between them going and it'll be fine for 1 more season.

Welcome to the Forum...

Hirundine

[32]May 11, 2011
    • level: 26
    I say they just have Emily in the show as normal and make no attempt to hide *or* explain her increasingly-giant tummy. It'd be no less plausible and no more distracting than them working in a Toyota testimonial from her every other episode while the cast sits around oblivious.

reb124

[33]May 11, 2011

I've stopped watching Bones because it has become an infomercial for Toyota. It's one thing to have product placement passivley in the show. I'm used to that. But they have wired the commerials into the script itself. It's really annoying.

firefairyangel

[34]May 12, 2011
    • level: 12
    I just read that Hart Hanson was considering bringing in the Finder to fill in some of those episodes, to flesh out his character a little more. I wouldn't necessarily mind that, as long as he doesn't dominate the episode again. I'd obviously prefer episodes with Brennan, but if that can't happen, there's not much they can do.

lrigD

[35]May 13, 2011
    • level: 8
    I thought he'd said that he'd only bring in the Finder when the show itself didn't get picked up, and since The Finder DID get picked up...

fatavril

[36]May 13, 2011
    • level: 7
    yes!

Geri08

[37]May 14, 2011

Finder airing on Thursdays at 9 in Bones slot while Bones waits for Emily most likely until January...

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/blog-post/thursday-27338

BarryWeen3

[38]May 14, 2011
    • level: 14

Geri08 wrote:

Finder airing on Thursdays at 9 in Bones slot while Bones waits for Emily most likely until January...

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/blog-post/thursday-27338

Well, that's both a good thing and a bad thing. Bad in that it delays the return of Bones. Good in that maybe they'll have a full (or close to a full) season and there will be less interruptions and hiatus breaks.

doodles49

[39]May 15, 2011
    Hell Yeh!!

Starprincess13

[40]May 15, 2011
    • level: 24

doodles49 wrote:
    Hell Yeh!!

Welcome to the forum!!