Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Bones Renewed for Season 7 -- Speculation and Spoilers Here

BarryWeen3

[901]Dec 25, 2011
    • level: 14

Okay we now have the Women's Ultimate Crushes Tournament kicking off. Unlike the Men's Tournament which had a Classic Half of the bracket and a Current Half of the bracket, the Women's Tournament has four divisions (A, B, C, and D) which all have a mixture of Classic and Current crushes. I have to say looking at the Women's Tournament, I wonder why they did it so differently then the Men's. Most of the spy characters are in one division. There's one animated character in the tournament, WTF? Where's the consistency?

And Bones' Temperance Brennan is seeded #2 in Division A.

Now for the initial first round battles we have...

Division A:

Winners #1 FBI Agent Dana Scully (X-Files), #8 FBI Agent Erica Evans (V), #12 Fringe Division Agent Astrid Farnsworth (Fringe), #4 Fringe Division Agent Olivia Dunham (Fringe), #3 NCIS Forensic Scientist Abby Sciuto (NCIS), #11 Boston Medical Examiner Jordan Cavanaugh (Crossing Jordan), #7 Boston Medical Examiner Maura Isles (Rizzoli & Isles), and #2 Jeffersonian Forensic Anthropologist Temperance Brennan (Bones)

Division B:

Winners #1 NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Castle), #9 NYPD Detective Christine Cagney (Cagney & Lacey), #12 NYPD Detective Jackie Curatola (Blue Bloods), #4 Santa Barbara Police Detective Juliet O'Hara (Psych), #3 Boston Police Detective Jane Rizzoli (Rizzoli & Isles), #6 LAPD Detective Lydia Adams (Southland), #10 NYPD Detective Carrie Wells (Unforgettable), and #2 NYPD SVU Detective Olivia Benson (Law & Order: SVU)

Division C:

Winners #1 NCIS Agent Ziva David (NCIS), #8 Lieutenant Colonel Sarah Mackenzie (JAG), #5 CBI Agent Grace Van Pelt (The Mentalist), #4 NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye (NCIS: Los Angeles), #14 Palm Beach Police Sergeant Rita Lee Lance (Silk Stalkings), #6 Los Angeles County Police Officer Stacy Sheridan (T. J. Hooker), #7 FBI Profiler Special Agent Emily Prentiss (Criminal Minds), and #2 FBI Special Agent J. J. Jareau (Criminal Minds)

Division D:

Winners #1 CIA Agent Sidney Bristow (Alias), #8 CIA Agent Annie Walker (Covert Affairs), #5 Miami Bounty Hunter Fiona Glenanne (Burn Notice), #4 CIA Agent Sarah Walker (Chuck), #14 NYPD Detective Jane Timoney (Prime Suspect), #6 HPD 5-0 Task Force Officer Kono Kalakaua (Hawaii Five-0), #10 Division Recruit Alex (Nikita), and#2 Former Division Assassin Nikita(Nikita)

And now Round 2 has begun...

Division A:

Winners #1 FBI Agent Dana Scully (X-Files), #4 Fringe Division Agent Olivia Dunham (Fringe), #3 NCIS Forensic Scientist Abby Sciuto (NCIS), and #2 Jeffersonian Forensic Anthropologist Temperance Brennan (Bones)

Division B:

Winners #1 NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Castle), #4 SBPD Detective Juliet O'Hara (Psych), #3 Boston Police Detective Jane Rizzoli (Rizzoli & Isles), and #2 NYPD SVU Detective Olivia Benson (Law & Order: SVU)

Division C:

Winners #1 NCIS Agent Ziva David (NCIS), #4 NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye (NCIS: Los Angeles), #6 Los Angeles County Police Officer Stacy Sheridan (T. J. Hooker), and #2 FBI Special Agent J. J. Jareau (Criminal Minds)

Division D:

Winners #1 CIA Agent Sydney Bristow (Alias), #4 CIA Agent Sarah Walker (Chuck), #6 HPD 5-0 Task Force Officer Kono Kalakaua (Hawaii Five-0), and #2 Former Division Assassin Nikita (Nikita)

The Sweet Sixteen round begins...with an interesting pattern Divisions A & B have all 4 top seeds while Divisions C & D have top seeds #1, #2, and #4 but with seed #6 moving on instead of seed #3...

Division A:

Winners#1 FBI Agent Dana Scully (X-Files) and #3 NCIS Forensic Scientist Abby Sciuto (NCIS)

Division B:

Winners #1 NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Castle) and #3 Boston Police Detective Jane Rizzoli (Rizzoli & Isles)

Division C:

Winners #1 NCIS Agent Ziva David (NCIS)and#2 FBI Special Agent J. J. Jareau (Criminal Minds)

Division D:

Winners#4 CIA Agent Sarah Walker (Chuck)and #6 HPD 5-0 Task Force Officer Kono Kalakaua (Hawaii Five-0)

And the quarterfinal battles begin as we still 3 out of the 4 number 1 seeds still alive at this point...

Division A Winner: #1 FBI Agent Dana Scully (X-Files)

Division B Winner: #1 NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Castle)

Division C Winner:#1 NCIS Agent Ziva David (NCIS)

Division D Winner: #4 CIA Agent Sarah Walker(Chuck)

Semifinal Winner [A/B Bracket]: #1 NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Castle)

Semifinal Winner [C/D Bracket]: #1 NCIS Agent Ziva David (NCIS)

And in the grand finale #1 Kate Beckett is leading about 2 to 1 over #1 Ziva David

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[902]Dec 25, 2011

Geri08 wrote:

Happy Christmas everybody...Hope you all have a very happy and festive time...

Merry Christmas to you too and to everybody else.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Eat lots of turkey and stuffing and then groan about having eaten too much...

Geri08

[903]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 31

David Boreanaz interviewed by Joey Vendetta...Audio...

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?content=20111227_123311_1472

(Sports related so have not listened to it...Decided to post here because I do not know what he says in it...just being cautious)...

Geri08

[904]Dec 27, 2011

99 Reasons we love Hollywood...

http://uk.eonline.com/news/the_awful_truth/99_reasons_we_love_hollywood_63-55/281760#ixzz1hkur9jT8

bonebooth

[905]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 5

I still haven't heard any more about when & where they plan to squeeze the 3 extra episodes in. Has anyone else heard? Just kind of curious how they plan to do it. Undecided

bonebooth

[906]Dec 27, 2011

It seems a bit quiet on the spoiler front about their last episode before the break. I thought we'd be getting a few more tidbits from fox about Jan.12th episode by now.

BarryWeen3

[907]Dec 28, 2011

bonebooth wrote:

It seems a bit quiet on the spoiler front about their last episode before the break. I thought we'd be getting a few more tidbits from fox about Jan.12th episode by now.

Probably because the Jan 12th episode was originally scheduled to be the 6th episode of the very short fall portion of the 7th season and information was released previously when it was going to air in December. Now they're using the episode as a lead-in for The Finder. So we now have the start of our 5th serial killer storyline with a killer considered to be the anit-Brennan just as Broadsky last season was the anti-Booth. Should be interesting. I've liked the previous storylines except for the Gormorgon one, probably because of the way the ending seemed jarring and abrupt, but then again that storyline was affected by the writer's strike, so there are some extenuating circumstances for that storyline.

BarryWeen3

[908]Dec 28, 2011

bonebooth wrote:

I still haven't heard any more about when & where they plan to squeeze the 3 extra episodes in. Has anyone else heard? Just kind of curious how they plan to do it. Undecided

It's still 4 extra episodes at this point isn't it?

I'm thinking at some point there will be double airings of Bones on the same night like they did with Human Target or perhaps on two different nights in the same week.

Because with the 4 extra episodes they've got 11 episodes to squeeze in in 8 weeks (4/12 - 5/31).

BarryWeen3

[909]Dec 28, 2011

Well, it's a clean sweep for NCIS as Ziva David wins the female bracket side of the tournament but in a tighter race than the male side that was won by Tony Dinozzo.

Well it's not the #1 drama for nothing...

Geri08

[910]Dec 28, 2011

GMMR...Top Ten TV Episodes of 2011...

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2011/12/28/top-10-tv-episodes-of-2011/nggallery/image/bones-the-sign-in-the-silence

Geri08

[911]Dec 31, 2011

Happy New Year everybody...hope 2012 is your best year yet

Geri08

[912]Dec 31, 2011

Top 10 TV 'OMG' Moments...

http://uk.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=4257#160347

tanumanu

[913]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 2

Wishing a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!!Best Wishes!!!!

tanumanu

bonebooth

[914]Dec 31, 2011
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

bonebooth wrote:

It's still 4 extra episodes at this point isn't it?

I'm thinking at some point there will be double airings of Bones on the same night like they did with Human Target or perhaps on two different nights in the same week.

Because with the 4 extra episodes they've got 11 episodes to squeeze in in 8 weeks (4/12 - 5/31).

Hi Matt. I couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4 extra episodes. 4 sounds even better!!

sandyholl

[915]Dec 31, 2011
    • level: 1

This is a question that is really bothering me!!!!! Why does Bones' have to wait to show new episodes until april or may? Emily and the rest of the cast went back to work making new episodes on Dec.12.I'm sure they had a break for Christmas/New Years, but they should be going back to film in January if I understand correctly. Emily had 3 months pregnancy leave already so she should be at a place where she can film with the rest also. It seems to me that the promotion of The Finder is causing the problem. If it is a success[which I am doubtful of] 'why don't they move it to aspot that is not doing well instead of taking the place of Bones' which is a popular show!!!!! I want Bones' to return as soon as possible!!!PLEASE HART HANSON PUT THE FINDER IN ANOTHER TIME SLOT . TALK TO FOX !!!!IWANT BONES'PLEASE soooooooon!!!!!!!!!

BarryWeen3

[916]Jan 1, 2012

sandyholl wrote:

This is a question that is really bothering me!!!!! Why does Bones' have to wait to show new episodes until april or may? Emily and the rest of the cast went back to work making new episodes on Dec.12.I'm sure they had a break for Christmas/New Years, but they should be going back to film in January if I understand correctly. Emily had 3 months pregnancy leave already so she should be at a place where she can film with the rest also. It seems to me that the promotion of The Finder is causing the problem. If it is a success[which I am doubtful of] 'why don't they move it to aspot that is not doing well instead of taking the place of Bones' which is a popular show!!!!! I want Bones' to return as soon as possible!!!PLEASE HART HANSON PUT THE FINDER IN ANOTHER TIME SLOT . TALK TO FOX !!!!IWANT BONES'PLEASE soooooooon!!!!!!!!!

There really isn't that much room on FOX's schedule because unlike ABC, CBS, and NBC, FOX like the CW only program 10 hours of programming.

And in 2012 a lot of that is going to be used up by the return of American Idol as it takes over at the minimum of two hours of programming over two nights and sometimes as much as 4 hours plus the other reality shows returning, Kitchen Nightmares and Mobbed.

Then you've got returning shows House, Fringe, Glee. New shows Alcatraz, Touch, and The Finder.

Plus the comedies New Girl, Raising Hope, Breaking In. Plus Sunday is already set as the comedy block with the Simpsons, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, Cleveland Show.

They had already shortened the season for Bones this year, The Finder is Hart Hanson's project so he's going to try to promote that and FOX is too using the 6th episode of Bones, which should have aired in the fall, as the lead-in to the premiere of The Finder.

And me personally, I wouldn't say that Emily has had enough "rest", this is her first child, and if she could spend more time with him, I suspect she would want that.

It is what it is. This season is going to be very scattered, 5 episodes in the fall, 1 episode in the winter, and then 7 to 11 episodes in the spring, depending on how they're going to squeeze in those 4 extra episodes they ordered, which originally was going to be a mini-summer season.

Geri08

[917]Jan 2, 2012
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

sandyholl wrote:

There really isn't that much room on FOX's schedule because unlike ABC, CBS, and NBC, FOX like the CW only program 10 hours of programming.

And in 2012 a lot of that is going to be used up by the return of American Idol as it takes over at the minimum of two hours of programming over two nights and sometimes as much as 4 hours plus the other reality shows returning, Kitchen Nightmares and Mobbed.

Then you've got returning shows House, Fringe, Glee. New shows Alcatraz, Touch, and The Finder.

Plus the comedies New Girl, Raising Hope, Breaking In. Plus Sunday is already set as the comedy block with the Simpsons, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, Cleveland Show.

They had already shortened the season for Bones this year, The Finder is Hart Hanson's project so he's going to try to promote that and FOX is too using the 6th episode of Bones, which should have aired in the fall, as the lead-in to the premiere of The Finder.

And me personally, I wouldn't say that Emily has had enough "rest", this is her first child, and if she could spend more time with him, I suspect she would want that.

It is what it is. This season is going to be very scattered, 5 episodes in the fall, 1 episode in the winter, and then 7 to 11 episodes in the spring, depending on how they're going to squeeze in those 4 extra episodes they ordered, which originally was going to be a mini-summer season.

You know what I love about you Matt....you know your tv stuff! That was my lesson for today with regards to Fox's programming...

I have to agree with Sandyholl though...BTW...welcome to the Forum Sandyholl! I want less Finder (which in all honesty is going to be a major pooper in so many ways)...I can not see it doing well and it is majorly messing the Bones fans around BIG TIME! I can see where HH was going when he introduced it by way of Bones and Emily's pregnancy was a big God Send for him in regards to being able to promote it in lieu of Bones while Emily was on maternity! But seriously! At the cost of my Bones...not good! Don't mess around with the good stuff Hart!

Geri08

[919]Jan 2, 2012

Promo #3...The Crack in the Code...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJXBAmNC90&feature=share

Geri08

[920]Jan 4, 2012

Dean Lopata on Twitter...

'Today's our 1st day back for the rest of Season 7. Stay tuned'...