Bones Season 8 Spoilers

bonebooth

[1]May 15, 2012
    • level: 5

A new spoiler from HH on the return to season 8 http://tvline.com/2012/05/15/bones-season-8-spoilers/

Edited on 05/15/2012 3:10pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[3]May 15, 2012
    • level: 31

bonebooth wrote:

A new spoiler from HH on the return to season 8 http://tvline.com/2012/05/15/bones-season-8-spoilers/

Yeah! A new thread...That one answers a few questions for us...

Geri08

[4]May 15, 2012

Rumours going around on Twitter is that Bones will be back on either the 10th or 17th September...

OhMandy

[5]May 16, 2012
    Just read that link from the first post, and I am going to comment on something it said so if you haven't read that article I will say SPOILER WARNING for the text to follow I'm actually pretty disappointed to hear that it will, once again, likely be that we've "missed" a few months of the characters' time. Especially if Brennan has been gone that whole time, I'd feel bad for Booth missing all that time with his daughter!

BarryWeen3

[6]May 16, 2012
    • level: 14

OhMandy wrote:
    Just read that link from the first post, and I am going to comment on something it said so if you haven't read that article I will say SPOILER WARNING for the text to follow I'm actually pretty disappointed to hear that it will, once again, likely be that we've "missed" a few months of the characters' time. Especially if Brennan has been gone that whole time, I'd feel bad for Booth missing all that time with his daughter!

From what HH says in that article, I think it's not just likely but definite that the show will be advanced several months from the cliffhanger ending. As he says, since it's been several months between the season 7 finale and the season 8 premiere for the fans, it'll be the same for the show.

It's a choice on the part of the creator and yes likely will not be the choice that most fans want. Then there's the opposite choice other shows I watch are takinglike Castle, CSI, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Hawaii Five-0 which ended on cliffhangers thatI believe are going to pick up immediately after, at least I think so.

It also sounds from that article that the 4 bonus episodes will be sprinkled throughout season 8.

drmayeda

[7]May 20, 2012
    are we sure that was the season finale? My Pass with Amazon shows 22 episodes unless they have it wrong. It feels like a season finale but not according to my subscription. I was surprised by Glee going past 13 episodes. Bones is going much less than the 13 episodes so far. I feel a tad disappointed. Does anyone know for sure

BarryWeen3

[8]May 20, 2012

drmayeda wrote:
    are we sure that was the season finale? My Pass with Amazon shows 22 episodes unless they have it wrong. It feels like a season finale but not according to my subscription. I was surprised by Glee going past 13 episodes. Bones is going much less than the 13 episodes so far. I feel a tad disappointed. Does anyone know for sure

Season 7 was originally ordered for 13 episodes then later on FOX ordered 4 more episodes. Those 4 extra episodes became known as the "bonus" episodes. By the time the 4 extra episodes were ordered, HH and SN had already planned out season 7 so those 4 episodes became stand alone episodes that could fit in anywhere. There were rumors that possibly they might be shown as a mini-summer season, more than likely now they will be sprinkled into season 8. So yes, season 7 has ended with the season finale of The Past in the Present. There were 13 episodes this season,5 in the fall, 1 in January, and 7 in April/May.

wildhoney66

[9]May 22, 2012
    • level: 13

i think amazon has it wrong this time. my guess is that they are so used to having it be 22 episodes ? i dunno i'm just guessing. also this time it really doesn't bother me that it'll take place months later. at the end of last season it did when we found out she was preggers. & it really was cause i wanted to see the gang's reaction that's all.

this time it kinda makes a bit of sense cause we can now have the gang be further in figuring out how to get bones off the hook. do i feel sorry for booth that he'll be away from his daughter? HELL YEAH i do. but i'm also curious if little christine got to meet her uncle Russ! who we haven't seen in years! anyways this time it really didn't bother me. as for "Castle' that's different that's a show i would be pissed if after this finale we just had at the start of this month. i'd be pissed if he went months ahead. & he's smart enough to know that fans would be pissed about that.

so that's why it's picking right up where it left off. i think he also knew that last season as well when Beckett got shot. my point is i think it really depends on the cliff-hanger. in either case i bloody well HATE CLIFF-HANGERS! the reason being is really simple. if a show like say "Twin Peaks' gets cancelled like it did as everyone here knows. how in the hell are we suppose to know how it ends? i'd rather have it end with a conclusion.

"Blue Bloods" so far has gave us closure in their finales & i'm happy with that. so if that gets cancelled at some point we will know that everything worked out.by the way sorry for going off topic a bit here. he he

BarryWeen3

[10]May 22, 2012

wildhoney66 wrote:

i think amazon has it wrong this time. my guess is that they are so used to having it be 22 episodes ? i dunno i'm just guessing. also this time it really doesn't bother me that it'll take place months later. at the end of last season it did when we found out she was preggers. & it really was cause i wanted to see the gang's reaction that's all.

this time it kinda makes a bit of sense cause we can now have the gang be further in figuring out how to get bones off the hook. do i feel sorry for booth that he'll be away from his daughter? HELL YEAH i do. but i'm also curious if little christine got to meet her uncle Russ! who we haven't seen in years! anyways this time it really didn't bother me. as for "Castle' that's different that's a show i would be pissed if after this finale we just had at the start of this month. i'd be pissed if he went months ahead. & he's smart enough to know that fans would be pissed about that.

so that's why it's picking right up where it left off. i think he also knew that last season as well when Beckett got shot. my point is i think it really depends on the cliff-hanger. in either case i bloody well HATE CLIFF-HANGERS! the reason being is really simple. if a show like say "Twin Peaks' gets cancelled like it did as everyone here knows. how in the hell are we suppose to know how it ends? i'd rather have it end with a conclusion.

"Blue Bloods" so far has gave us closure in their finales & i'm happy with that. so if that gets cancelled at some point we will know that everything worked out.by the way sorry for going off topic a bit here. he he

You hate cliffhangers, then this year wasn't for you.

As let's see off the top of my head how many shows ended on cliffhangers: Hawaii Five-O, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bones, The Finder, Alcatraz, Person of Interest, CSI, Body of Proof, and Supernatural. I call Castle, Fringe, The Mentalist, Once Upon a Time sort of cliffhangers, they had resolutions but there were unresolved threads left at the end of those shows.

There's probably more, but that's what comes to mind right now.

Geri08

[11]May 22, 2012

BarryWeen3 wrote:

As let's see off the top of my head how many shows ended on cliffhangers: Hawaii Five-O, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bones, The Finder, Alcatraz, Person of Interest, CSI, Body of Proof, and Supernatural. I call Castle, Fringe, The Mentalist, Once Upon a Time sort of cliffhangers, they had resolutions but there were unresolved threads left at the end of those shows.

You must do nothing else but watch tv Matt...Where do you find the time?

BarryWeen3

[12]May 22, 2012

Geri08 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

You must do nothing else but watch tv Matt...Where do you find the time?

One magic word: TiVo

Gives me the leisure to watch and catch up on shows plus I read a lot of spoiler material so I knew the directions certain shows were going. But this season, it just seems to be a popular fad to end on a cliffhanger.

BarryWeen3

[13]May 22, 2012

Out of all the shows that ended on cliffhangers this year, I have to say the best one overallhas to be the Person of Interest finale, great suspense and drama from start to finish, and that ending, so cool.

For shippers, of course, it has to be Castle.

And even though it wasn't a cliffhanger ending (cause it couldn't be ), I have to say the series finale of House was very ehhh...

wildhoney66

[14]May 22, 2012

who you kidding 99.99% of shows today end a season that way. the only ones that didn't that i watch were CSI:NY,Miami" those didn't cause they weren't sure if they were coming back or not. & if they got cancelled they were kind enough to NOT leave us hanging. "Blue Bloods' & i think that's it. i dunno when tv shows & networks are going to get into their heads that cliff-hangers can't save a show & it doesn't make it either. it RARELY makes a show when it has a cliff-hanger. the only one that got the fame the most that i can think of at the top of my head is "Dallas'

& that's got a lot to do with 2 reasons. 1. it's a great finale. there's no doubt about it. & 2 nobody was really doing them at the time so that also had the impact of WTF? "Lost" well that's a bit different in the case where each episode ended in a cliff-hanger per say. i miss the days where we'd get the occassional cliff-hanger NOW EVERYONE does it. even damn comedy's now. though today's comedy shows i don't even watch anymore cause they suck major ass. i watch my drama shows & mystery shows mainly. & oh action shows as well. every now & than scif-fi. but you get the idea. but i've already said these morons end a season & we get stuck with a good cliff-hanger & there's prolly over 200 shows in my life time that have ended with one. & got cancelled. i'm only 33 by the way.

my parents watched "Missing" & they were pissed on how that ended & ya know what it got cancelled case in point. some of the shows this season didn't really feel like cliff-hangers to be honest. at least to me. "once upon a time" while it had one yes it did like you said give us closure as well. the same with "Castle" that yes had one. had closure as well. & it didn't piss me off at all this season. last year i was throwing my tv remote at my tv out of frustration. he he. oh 'Criminal Minds" didn't have a cliff-hanger this season that makes another one. it had a wedding that closed the season. so that was great for a change a wedding & no cliff-hanger. "The Mentalist' really didn't feel like a cliff-hanger to me. i mean we got closure & an explanation on why he was acting the way he did. they came close to get Red John. i didn't think they would have. but i do gotta ask is the dead body they found the new boss? it went kind of fast between the scenes.

or am wrong? & it was him? anyways, it felt like any other episode where they capture a follower & like Beckett did with that one dude in season 3. she tells him she will keep seeing him every week until he talks. that wasn't a cliff-hanger ending for an episode in the middle of the season. we pretty much got that in a way for "The Mentalist' & i can live with that. so it was a mixture of both i guess.

most of the in fact all the time it's NEVER like that. so it was a nice change to see that for a change. as for this season that just ended of "Bones" i liked it a LOT better than season 6 that's for damn sure. oh i knew it was going to end on a cliff-hanger like it always does. & it was one of the best episodes all season. kind of how like season 6 had a couple REAL good ones too. 'The Doctor in the Photo" being my favorite one all season. what i also hate is when you watch these summer shows like for example "White Collar" or "Covert Affairs' & they leave you with cliff-hangers & you have to wait a few months. & if they air all these episodes in a row like some "USA" shows do, you have to wait half a damn year for the resolution! kinda like the show 'Haven" it starts in either June or July & we don't get it back until than. after it ends in either Sept. or October. anyways,

sorry for going off topic a bit. this is just why it pisses me off when they do that that's all. anyways, i dunno what's coming on Bones next season. yes there are hints from that article i've read that too. i'm mainly curious to start with on the 1st episode of next season with turn out.

the show i think is slowly getting it's footing back at least it feels like that way to me. anyways sorry about my ramblings here. he he

BarryWeen3

[15]May 23, 2012

wildhoney66,

In regards to the Mentalist, that's why I didn't exactly call it a cliffhanger ending, but it does leave us with unresolved threads and questions. And yes the body in the limo was the recent new boss, the one who fired Jane in the previous episode. They are going through new bosses at almost one a year.

As for the cable shows, they all break their seasons in half. Oh, btw, since Sanctuary has been cancelled by SyFy, they decided to move the premiere of Haven from summer to the fall, so season 3 won't start till September.

And go ahead and ramble, I do it too.

Boy, have I derailed this thread.

Better mention Bones, there, back on topic.

Geri08

[16]May 23, 2012

Michael Ausiello...

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/grimm-spoilers-bones-rookie-blue-glee/

Now this is what I have been saying for years

BarryWeen3

[17]May 23, 2012

Geri08 wrote:

Michael Ausiello...

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/grimm-spoilers-bones-rookie-blue-glee/

Now this is what I have been saying for years

True, but it's not exactly new news as HH has said this before.

Geri08

[18]May 25, 2012

Overall TV Season Series Rankings...

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/full-2011-2012-tv-season-series-rankings/#more-277941

Bones did well, 44 and 46 respectively...

BarryWeen3

[19]May 25, 2012

Geri08 wrote:

Overall TV Season Series Rankings...

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/full-2011-2012-tv-season-series-rankings/#more-277941

Bones did well, 44 and 46 respectively...

Yeah, according to that article FOX won the 18-49 demo due to some of their juggernauts. But I was more amazed to see how many CBS shows were in the Top 50 of either list (18-49 or total viewers). CBS shows have half the shows in the Top 50 of total viewers. That explains why most of the shows I watch are on CBS.

wildhoney66

[20]May 26, 2012

well Barry thank you. i kept forgetting to look that up on 'The Mentalist' i gotta admit though it is tiring to see them go through bosses like that. & you are right of course it did leave questions unanswered. i am curious how that one chick they arrested at the end ya know that Jane slept with is going to play into next season cause i read she's going to be back.

& thanxs for the 'Haven" update i hadn't heard anything about that. one question though did 'Santuary" or however ya spell that? end in a cliff-hanger? cause i'm a bit behind on the show. i think i lost touch during season 3 at some point. & as for "Bones"' i am hoping we will see more of "Max' & maybe Russ! & since "ZZ Top" i believe is coming out with a new album this year i am curious if we will see Angela's father at all. i forget his name sorry. well at the moment.