We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Brennan and Boothe's Relationship

  • Avatar of -vesper-

    -vesper-

    [21]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 552
    I've always hated third parties. That's just because I get so jealous on behalf of the characters.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bouges13

    bouges13

    [22]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,622
    Booth doesn't have an "e" in it.. anyways, I think they will eventually get together. I haven't a clue if it should be sooner rather than later - I'm just along for the ride for as long as it lasts. As it is, I really enjoy their chemistry now; I like them arguing, I like them helping each other out and having each others back, I like both characters very much and I like the direction the show is going and that all the characters are so great as a whole. To me their relationship, whether it be professional or personal, does not matter too much so long as they stay true to the characters they are and continue to grow and develop into one of the better duos tv has to offer on a show that I think is continually getting better because of the writing and the actors that are driving this series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Official_squint

    Official_squint

    [23]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 12/04/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,474
    bouges13 wrote:
    Booth doesn't have an "e" in it.. anyways, I think they will eventually get together. I haven't a clue if it should be sooner rather than later - I'm just along for the ride for as long as it lasts. As it is, I really enjoy their chemistry now; I like them arguing, I like them helping each other out and having each others back, I like both characters very much and I like the direction the show is going and that all the characters are so great as a whole. To me their relationship, whether it be professional or personal, does not matter too much so long as they stay true to the characters they are and continue to grow and develop into one of the better duos tv has to offer on a show that I think is continually getting better because of the writing and the actors that are driving this series.


    yep well said, i just want the relationship to grow while they stay in character and see where that takes them!!
    And the 'e' is so frustrating me!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hirundine

    Hirundine

    [24]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 11,617
    (Speaking of the letter "e", on another board there was a thread for discussing the show "Heroes," but it was spelled "Heros." That really, really, really drove me nuts )
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [25]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414

    Hirundine wrote:
    (Speaking of the letter "e", on another board there was a thread for discussing the show "Heroes," but it was spelled "Heros." That really, really, really drove me nuts )

    Oh the correcting syndrome...

    I'm sorry if I'm continuing the off-topic thing but I have to say this... I've encountered in the last days a lot of Brennens (with an 'E' ) and that's so so annoying to me. It's BrennAn, BrennAn. I even found a fanfic with Brennens. As you can imagine I couldn't bring myself to read it.

    We really should start a thread about correcting syndrome

    Edited on 02/12/2008 1:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of divine529

    divine529

    [26]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 02/09/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 368
    Ok sorry about the "e" thing I have just read and heard it is spelled with an e. I agree with all of you they should get together but keep their characters and keep the show exciting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bouges13

    bouges13

    [27]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,622

    divine529 wrote:
    Ok sorry about the "e" thing I have just read and heard it is spelled with an e. I agree with all of you they should get together but keep their characters and keep the show exciting.

    You can edit it from the first post... if you want. And for whatever its worth, I would appreciate it because it bothers me more than it ought to

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lovn_depp

    lovn_depp

    [28]Feb 12, 2008
    • member since: 01/30/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 8
    hi i think booth and bones will definently get together at the very start they gave the impretion that they would get together and the show would totally dissapoint me if they didnt get together. I saw them kiss in that christmas ep on youtube and they felt something between them. I dont think either of them wanted to stop!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Official_squint

    Official_squint

    [29]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 12/04/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,474
    carioca22 wrote:

    Hirundine wrote:
    (Speaking of the letter "e", on another board there was a thread for discussing the show "Heroes," but it was spelled "Heros." That really, really, really drove me nuts )

    Oh the correcting syndrome...

    I'm sorry if I'm continuing the off-topic thing but I have to say this... I've encountered in the last days a lot of Brennens (with an 'E' ) and that's so so annoying to me. It's BrennAn, BrennAn. I even found a fanfic with Brennens. As you can imagine I couldn't bring myself to read it.

    We really should start a thread about correcting syndrome

    Oh i certainly think a correction thread it needed, this sounds harsh but it isn't meant to be, but some people need to learn how to use commas!!
    Edited on 02/13/2008 8:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hirundine

    Hirundine

    [30]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 11,617
    Or even commas!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Official_squint

    Official_squint

    [31]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 12/04/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,474
    Ah you!! You made me check a dictionary for the first time in like 5 years!!! It is infact true it has no ' in it!! I was so sure it did!! *slaps self*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hirundine

    Hirundine

    [32]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 11,617
    I made a thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of x_Malteaser_x

    x_Malteaser_x

    [33]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 01/28/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 5

    carioca22 wrote:
    I'm sorry if I'm continuing the off-topic thing but I have to say this... I've encountered in the last days a lot of Brennens (with an 'E' ) and that's so so annoying to me. It's BrennAn, BrennAn. I even found a fanfic with Brennens. As you can imagine I couldn't bring myself to read it.

    That's not that bad. I once found a fanfic where the writer had used the name 'Brendan' instead of Brennan.

    I hope the Writers keep them both single for a while. I hate it when they introduce new lovers. It throws Brennan's & Booth's chemistry off and I don't like how they replace precious Bones/Booth time with scenes with the new love interests. I hate how they wasted 4 episodes on the Sully character. Those episodes are my least watched episodes out of the entire series.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carioca22

    carioca22

    [34]Feb 13, 2008
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,414
    x_Malteaser_x wrote:

    carioca22 wrote:
    I'm sorry if I'm continuing the off-topic thing but I have to say this... I've encountered in the last days a lot of Brennens (with an 'E' ) and that's so so annoying to me. It's BrennAn, BrennAn. I even found a fanfic with Brennens. As you can imagine I couldn't bring myself to read it.

    That's not that bad. I once found a fanfic where the writer had used the name 'Brendan' instead of Brennan.

    I hope the Writers keep them both single for a while. I hate it when they introduce new lovers. It throws Brennan's & Booth's chemistry off and I don't like how they replace precious Bones/Booth time with scenes with the new love interests. I hate how they wasted 4 episodes on the Sully character. Those episodes are my least watched episodes out of the entire series.

    Brendan is just ridiculous... wasn't she a character on 90210?

    I'm with you, whenever I watch the second season I tend to skip those four. Nothing against Sully but he was stealing Booth's moments there...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Official_squint

    Official_squint

    [35]Feb 14, 2008
    • member since: 12/04/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,474
    No no no!! I liked sully, obviously i want B/B together, but these people are essential in the character development! Look at it from the outside, these are normal people, not your ordinary partnership yes, but they are NOT together yet and no matter how much they care about each other, they have both set a line, especially Booth and won't cross it, and firstly on some level they may love each other maybe but neither of them know it yet and it hasn't turned into that type of show yet.

    So that said they have to have love interests, to live their lifes. Would the characters be so good and well developed if they didn't lead partially normal lifes, have dates, meet new people, have sex. It's also fun seeing the other one sqiurm a bit and be akward!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 12678

    12678

    [36]Feb 14, 2008
    • member since: 02/04/08
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,438

    I liked Sully and I think that they should be dating other people (sometimes) because you get to see them jealous which is hillarious. I love it when DB plays petty, jealous or evil

    Edited on 02/14/2008 6:52am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of divine529

    divine529

    [37]Feb 16, 2008
    • member since: 02/09/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 368
    yeah it's good to get them jelous just makes them like each other more. but i wish that they would at least make a move to actually show that they know they love each other.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bouges13

    bouges13

    [38]Feb 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,622

    divine529 wrote:
    yeah it's good to get them jelous just makes them like each other more. but i wish that they would at least make a move to actually show that they know they love each other.

    I don't know about them being too obvious... yet. I kind of enjoy the subtly of their growing feelings for one another being slowly revealed as they try to ignore or push down their lust/love for each other. Their arguments are just flat out fun to watch, and the tension between them is great. I suspect that Brennan secretly wants to jump Booth's bones - sorry for the bad pun.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of divine529

    divine529

    [39]Feb 17, 2008
    • member since: 02/09/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 368
    your right i guess.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TVObsessee

    TVObsessee

    [40]Feb 24, 2008
    • member since: 03/05/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 283
    I don't think they will be getting into any relationships any time soon because of therapy... it seems like it is bringing them together in a way that makes the prospect of them having intimate relationships with anyone else sound ridiculous.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.