Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Did Booth suddenly forget about Parker?

Watashii

[1]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 2

I love Bones as a show but I am also aware if its flaws. It is not one of those that has to have a consistent continuity but what the heck happened to Parker? So after getting Brennan pregnant, Booth suddenly forgot about his other child? I am just so curious to why the writers have not brought him back this season.

I just watched the new episode tonight and they were talking about getting their house, and there was no mention of Parker at all. Like it is as if it is the first time Booth is having a kid especially the way he acts all excited.

I'm a fan of the show but I don't follow spoilers or show news, so I was wondering if Parker will come back? Anyone else find it extremely odd that they haven't mentioned Parker at all after the pregnancy?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tanargue

[2]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 9
    Don't forget that Parker lives with his mother Rebecca and Booth's access to Parker is limited. In fact he probably has no legal right to access at all.
    At times in the past Parker has featured with Booth - Christmas Season One and Three. Booth used to coach his T-ball team etc. Parker also wanted his dad to get a new girlfriend so he could go swimming like his friend whose dad remarried and had a pool at the new house. Brennan let Parker and Booth have access to the pool at her appartment house so maybe if their new house has a pool Parker will be able to come and swim?
    Don't forget though that every time a character reappears in an episode the original creator of that character is paid. Hum.

Geri08

[3]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 31
    Watashii wrote:

I love Bones as a show but I am also aware if its flaws. It is not one of those that has to have a consistent continuity but what the heck happened to Parker? So after getting Brennan pregnant, Booth suddenly forgot about his other child? I am just so curious to why the writers have not brought him back this season.

I just watched the new episode tonight and they were talking about getting their house, and there was no mention of Parker at all. Like it is as if it is the first time Booth is having a kid especially the way he acts all excited.

I'm a fan of the show but I don't follow spoilers or show news, so I was wondering if Parker will come back? Anyone else find it extremely odd that they haven't mentioned Parker at all after the pregnancy?

There are alot of things which we have not seen and have not heard since this pair got together. Alot of it is left up to our imaginations as SN and HH have decided that all 'that' is not something we need to see or hear! Just to know that it has transpired is enough! However,
    ***SPOILER***

CrazyAsian1080

[4]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 7

Remember Zak? No one talks about him any more. Also, what happened when everyone left? At least Murry died.

Shazbar

[7]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 1
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Remember Zak? No one talks about him any more. Also, what happened when everyone left? At least Murry died.

When everyone left? Do you mean when brennan and daisy went to indonesia, booth went to afganistan and angela and hodgins went to paris? No one talks about zack anymore because they feel betrayed by him because he was, or at least was working for, a cannibal.. so he's in a mental home..

ClaireStewart

[8]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 2

Parker's mum move to canada in one of the previous series and since she has custody booth really can't do much about it

Geri08

[9]Feb 8, 2012
    ClaireStewart wrote:

Parker's mum move to canada in one of the previous series and since she has custody booth really can't do much about it

Parker's mum did not move to Canada...they went on vacation there over the Christmas one time...Parker and Rebecca live in DC but Booth only sees him every so often....probably the usual custody arrangements!

BarryWeen3

[10]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 14

Geri08 wrote:
    ClaireStewart wrote:

Parker's mum did not move to Canada...they went on vacation there over the Christmas one time...Parker and Rebecca live in DC but Booth only sees him every so often....probably the usual custody arrangements!

It's kinda of weird that they haven't had Parker on since early last season, The Twisted Bones in the Melted Truck.

I'm vaguely recalling someone suggesting maybe they're saving Parker's next appearance for the birth of his half-sibling.

Geri08

[11]Feb 9, 2012
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    ClaireStewart wrote:

It's kinda of weird that they haven't had Parker on since early last season, The Twisted Bones in the Melted Truck.

I'm vaguely recalling someone suggesting maybe they're saving Parker's next appearance for the birth of his half-sibling.

Yes Matt...I think he will make an appearance in the episode after the birth...makes more sense

wildhoney66

[12]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 13

i'm sure he's seen him since we last saw him. unless they decide to tell him about it after the baby is born? which would be just plain stupid if ya ask me. also he's excited cause he acts like it's his 1st kid. we know it isn't. but for one it'll be the 1st kid he has that he can actually raise.

with "Parker" like you peeps have said he has limited time with him so he really isn't raising him. 2ndly if anyone here watches 'Castle"they have a habit where some of the characters have relationships off screen. an example would be his mom dated this old rich dude. we heard about him but i don't think we ever saw him. & if we did it was only once or twice. & he later ended up dying. in short they have relationships on that show that isn't always shown, so 'Bones" i think is a bit like that as well.

we know about "Parker" but we hardly see the kid cause i don't think he is always needed for some episodes. but i do agree that they should have had him on more often this season. after all he's getting a sister. also i think you tend to forget that we do see "Zack" well the actor anyways appear in at least once a season. in season 4 i think it was? or it could have been season 5. he appeared in 'Booths" dream finale.

i dunno it just seems like we see him at least once. as for how this season is so far. it's MILES better than last season by far! even though in the 2nd half it ended up getting a LOT better. & i think it's working having put them together. even though it does feel like they waited far too long.

the way it's written i think is pretty realistic. as well. & on how "Bones" is it really fits on how she is too. in short they are doing a better job writing that than i thought they would. so that's a plus as well. at least i think so.