Discussion Thread Speculation/Thoughts for the Season 5 Final. BEWARE SPOILERS

Geri08

[1]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 31

There will be so much speculation leading up to the final of this season...Just thought a thread like this would be good at this stage...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geri08

[2]Apr 10, 2010
    I posted this earlier on the Spoiler Thread but am moving it here now...
    ~~
    Just a thought on the 100th and I am posting it here (rather than the episode thread) because I might mention some future spoilers...I was ruminating last night (as I sometimes do) and I have decided to call the six remaining episodes of this season between the 100th and the Finale the six degrees of separation...I feel that it will be Bones who is going to have to make the next move in their relationship (if and when she suddenly realises that she wants to take a chance on them too)...Booth has already made the first move, he got knocked down (but I think when he has had time to digest all that he will know why it happened) and that old saying, once bitten, twice shy and all!...The way the spoilers are going at the moment for the finale, we know that something big is going to happen, there are going to be major changes and we are all surmising at this stage on all the possibilities...If Bones is supposed to be going on a dig for six months/a year (whatever) then Booth might decide to take up any army offer that is on the table...I think at this stage (hopefully) he will have ended any romantic dealings with fishlady, knowing that he can not move on from Bones and just wanting to get away from all the memories especially now that she is going away...I do not think (hope)that he would be the one to make the first decision to go away because I think HE and also TPTB would/could not do that to our Bones...She has been deserted/left by everyone else in her life and Booth of all people knows that...I think that would destroy her...I think she would understand WHY he was doing it but it still would be desertion and as Cam said she would NEVER trust anyone again...I am HOPING that she will realise what she wants and is willing to take a chance and that she goes after him/stops him before he goes and tells him...HOWEVER, I think that maybe at that stage it might be too late for him to change his plans...They both know how they feel about each other and are willing to give it a try but (and this is where it will all drag into season 6) they have to wait until he returns from where ever he is going...

KxGx

[3]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 6

Melikes this thread.

I truly think that they will heading to coupledom for next season. I would love it if they try to keep it secret so they can continue working togther, it would be an awesome way to keep the heat and sexual tension..it may even turn up a notch. It worked really well for several episodes with chandler and monica on friends with the characters gradually finding out. Of course Ange would be the first but i think they are so flirty and couple like already that people may actually not notice the change. I think Brennan could actually be quite good at seperating work and love so not giving many clues at all although id prefer it to see the secret looks and smiles and hand touches.......

Well thats my fantasy out of the way, onto the speculation. I think that bones will feel jealous of Booth and Dr Fishy but will rationalise her feelings. many people in this sitaution will try and turn the situation around by also dating someone else and i think that Brennan will subconsiouly be doing this by going out with Hacker again almost to get back at Booth. i do not think the jealousy will be the catalyst for her to admit her real feelings but it will be factor.

We also have, and this seems not ot have been mentioned much, the gravedigger trial. Now the gravedigger episodes were extremely emotional. If you cast your mind to series 4, Ange made Brennan realise that she loved booth (even if it is just in the atta girl kinda way) We also have the possibility of the letter being read and what it may contain. This episode is going to have huge ramifications.

And then finally, we have the separation of the couple. This IS going to be the catalyst, i am convinced of that. There is no way this season is going to end without some sort of dramatic emotional showdown.

I cant wait.

Edited on 04/10/2010 11:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

Geri08

[5]Apr 10, 2010
    KxGx wrote:

Melikes this thread.

I think that bones will feel jealous of Booth and Dr Fishy but will rationalise her feelings. many people in this sitaution will try and turn the situation around by also dating someone else and i think that Brennan will subconsiouly be doing this by going out with Hacker again almost to get back at Booth. i do not think the jealousy will be the catalyst for her to admit her real feelings but it will be factor.

We also have, and this seems not ot have been mentioned much, the gravedigger trial. Now the gravedigger episodes were extremely emotional. If you cast your mind to series 4, Ange made Brennan realise that she loved booth (even if it is just in the atta girl kinda way) We also have the possibility of the letter being read and what it may contain. This episode is going to have huge ramifications.

And then finally, we have the separation of the couple. This IS going to be the catalyst, i am convinced of that. There is no way this season is going to end without some sort of dramatic emotional showdown.

I cant wait.

I do not believe that 'jealousy' alone is going to do it for her either...I think that the catalyst for her will be losing him completely, be it not working together or him going away...It will be a mixture and 'time'...time for her to think...really think...And with regards to the gravedigger...I really feel that this is going to be a biggie...I think that the letter she wrote is going to have some ramifications...It may give Booth some more information about how she felt about him when she was in a near death experience...Have to doubt that the season final is going to be dramatic and very emotional...I am so looking forward to it...I am not good with angst but if done well I just might be alright...

Joy_keenan

[6]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 6
    Speaking of the gravedigger our we sure that there will be a letter read at some point, or is that speculation cuz if there is and with the new history we know that could be a huge factor their developing relationship

divine529

[7]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 14

Yes I agree with all of this especially the gravedigger letter! But I need to put in my two cents. Ok the quote from the 100th "Nothing happens unless first a dream" holds a lot of significance to the show especially how their relationship will eventually progress. For instance Booth had that dream in the season 4 finale called the End in the Beginning. This season finale is called the Beginning in the End...now I think this holds a lot of significance because Brennan and Booth get broken up so in essence they are starting a new chapter in their lives and we will see some major development after that. Remember how they said that FBI can't be involved with other agents or consultants? Their breaking up is a good thing so now they can fully be together and whatnot but the End in the Beginning is a good thing because it shows what the outcome will be: marriage and a baby on the way...I don't know about the club though... So what I'm saying is that they won't give up and neither should we! Booth says he'll move on but he can't because he loves her too much and doesn't want to lose her but he feels like he should see what his other options are before going back to here hence Catherine Klein...Brennan on the other hand loves Booth but is afraid that if they don't work out and loses him forever she will break in to a million pieces and no one will be able to put her back together again. So they are both struggling with this...

There is so much more I can say about all of this but I'll come back later...

Geri08

[8]Apr 10, 2010
    Joy_keenan wrote:
    Speaking of the gravedigger our we sure that there will be a letter read at some point, or is that speculation cuz if there is and with the new history we know that could be a huge factor their developing relationship

Yes...I think in the sides for that episode it is mentioned that the letter is read out in court...

Geri08

[9]Apr 10, 2010
    divine529 wrote:

For instance Booth had that dream in the season 4 finale called the End in the Beginning. This season finale is called the Beginning in the End...now I think this holds a lot of significance because Brennan and Booth get broken up so in essence they are starting a new chapter in their lives and we will see some major development after that. Remember how they said that FBI can't be involved with other agents or consultants? Their breaking up is a good thing so now they can fully be together and whatnot but the End in the Beginning is a good thing because it shows what the outcome will be: marriage and a baby on the way...

With regards to the End in the Beginning and the Beginning in the End...I believe that the End in the Beginning was literally the way the 'End' of the series will be with them together and we saw this at the very beginning of the episode with Bones coming home to Booth and getting into bed with him...then there is a white flash and we see them the next morning when Cam knocks at the door, this is them as Bren and Booth in Booth's coma dream...Then we have the Beginning in the End, the season 5 final and that literally will be the beginning of their relationship in the end of the episode...leading on to what I think will be Bones going after Booth to tell him how she feels...I hope you can understand that...

ARollingStone11

[10]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 3
    First, the Gravedigger trial, I bet the letter will be read and will have some impact on both the B&B relationship and the Angela/Hodgins relationship. As for the B&B for the rest of the season. I bet they'll spend less time together outside of work, so Brennan might feel that Booth is slipping away (unless she does something about it). And their work relationship should be weird and awkward the next episodes and I bet everyone will pick up on the strange vibe. As for the season finale, I bet Bones leave Washington and we'll see the rest of the team trying to get her back in the early stages of the next season. If Booth joins the US Army wherever she is, that'll just be lame in my back. And the character Booth is gonna start dating does sound like Bones light, and Rena Sofer does also look like Bones light so

amethyst20003

[11]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 3

I am actually super afraid of what's happening at the end of the season. I saw the interview that Emily did for the 100th episode, and the interviewer asked Emily if the last scene in the season finale was hard to film, because David said it was difficult. So obviously my scarred mind (given that writers have indeed done horrible things to my favorite characters on my shows) immediately went to a not so pleasant alternative to what could occur here at the end. But I certainly do hope that the end of the season will hint at my B&B relationship finally occuring.

divine529

[12]Apr 10, 2010

Geri08 wrote:
    divine529 wrote:

For instance Booth had that dream in the season 4 finale called the End in the Beginning. This season finale is called the Beginning in the End...now I think this holds a lot of significance because Brennan and Booth get broken up so in essence they are starting a new chapter in their lives and we will see some major development after that. Remember how they said that FBI can't be involved with other agents or consultants? Their breaking up is a good thing so now they can fully be together and whatnot but the End in the Beginning is a good thing because it shows what the outcome will be: marriage and a baby on the way...

With regards to the End in the Beginning and the Beginning in the End...I believe that the End in the Beginning was literally the way the 'End' of the series will be with them together and we saw this at the very beginning of the episode with Bones coming home to Booth and getting into bed with him...then there is a white flash and we see them the next morning when Cam knocks at the door, this is them as Bren and Booth in Booth's coma dream...Then we have the Beginning in the End, the season 5 final and that literally will be the beginning of their relationship in the end of the episode...leading on to what I think will be Bones going after Booth to tell him how she feels...I hope you can understand that...

I agree but I like to think that it won't be the end of the series that there will be some kind of continuation of what happens but you are probably right. But Booth's coma dream won't be real just the part at the beginning of the dream. I do agree about what you said about the Beginning in the End though...

pinkybanana2

[13]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 5
    .leading on to what I think will be Bones going after Booth to tell him how she feel

- Geri what do you mean by "go after Booth"? Is there a spoiler or speculation or something about Booth going somewhere?

I don't believe the writers will leave B/B totally in the lurch. It'll be definitive, whatever it is. The End in the Beginning was an ending to their denial, Brennan's anyway. Booth nearly died. He lost a bit of himself, but she was there - she's always there. Perhaps she realised how much she loved him there? IMO, anyway.

The Sums in the Part of the Whole - moving on from the S4 final. Booth steps up to the plate. Brennan does the utterly selfless thing and shoots him down because she feels she's not good enough.

Soon, Booth will meet fishywoman/Brennan-Lite. He'll try and move on.

The season finale is a wedding, right? So surely it'll be Sweets' wedding to Daisy, unless the writers pull a fast one and reunite Hodgela (I doubt it) or have Cam marry her new dude. A definitive chapter - an ending - will close in the S5 finale, I'm sure of it. Something BIG is gonna happen. From that will probably come one of the main arcs for next season, and it'll be totally BB centric. While I don't think they'll properly get together at the end of this series, they will have by the end of the next.

Ha ha, but this is only speculation. What do I know?

BarryWeen3

[14]Apr 10, 2010
    pinkybanana2 wrote:
    .leading on to what I think will be Bones going after Booth to tell him how she feel

- Geri what do you mean by "go after Booth"? Is there a spoiler or speculation or something about Booth going somewhere?

I don't believe the writers will leave B/B totally in the lurch. It'll be definitive, whatever it is. The End in the Beginning was an ending to their denial, Brennan's anyway. Booth nearly died. He lost a bit of himself, but she was there - she's always there. Perhaps she realised how much she loved him there? IMO, anyway.

You know that this is exactly what the writers and the creator had in mind, fans interested in what happens from here on, speculating as to what could happen, tearing their hair out in frustation at the ending of the 100th episode, etc. This was Hart Hanson's master plan for 100 episodes, to make all the Bones fans go cuckoo in frustation as to what's going to happen to Booth and Brennan's relationship from this point. I can just see Hart Hanson laughing an evil scientist laugh somewhere at the results of his machinations...

penelope1985

[15]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 21
    I'm reposting my post from the spoiler thread:

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! The speculation has begun... Touche Ger. Maybe you're right. I agree that Brennan is probably the one to go out all the way and say I love you to Booth because once she realises that what she feels about will is romantic love then it will be a fact. And Brennan is all about the facts. She will have to make her new found knowledge public. About Booth, people blame Brennan for immediately rejecting Booth but Booth, although a gambler, didn't go all the way in. He should have tried to convince her more. He is able to make her understand everything. She has already admitted that she believes in love now. She has stated that she wants to be open to love like other people do and that she is jealous of the feelings other people get to experience. So what the hell was Booth doing? He should have insisted. Remind her of all the things that they have shared and let her that THIS is what love is and not for everyone. It very rarely is like theirs, all consuming and absolute. So Booth asked and then he was turned down and then he said "well, I tried. It didn't work out so now I have to move on"
    Brennan will not be like that. When she understands - and she will because she will realize that her relationship with Booth extends further than solving cases. When she'll ask him to go out for a beer after a case and he will have to rush to make it on time for his reservation with the fish lady she will understand that Booth moving on means no more dinner, no more late night calls, no more eye sex over dead bodies. And then It will sink in. And it will be her that takes the step forward for sure
    Maybe she'll go to stop him or maybe it will not have to go that far. Although I think that an airport scene means exactly this. That someone is stopping someone or that someone is saying goodbye at the airport. Ger make the thread! Its a good idea.

penelope1985

[16]Apr 11, 2010
    pinkybanana2 wrote:

Booth considers taking up a military post somewhere in the US and Brennan is asked to go on a dig in Indonesia for a year. So no more partnership for a year. Caroline Julian describes this very acurately by saying:" The way you two are running from each other this WIIL be your last case!"

Geri08

[17]Apr 11, 2010
    divine529 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    divine529 wrote:

I agree but I like to think that it won't be the end of the series that there will be some kind of continuation of what happens but you are probably right. But Booth's coma dream won't be real just the part at the beginning of the dream. I do agree about what you said about the Beginning in the End though...

Oh I do not think that their relationship will be the end of the show or the final scene in the show...That scene at the beginning of the End in the Beginning was to show their relationship in the future...It could be at any stage in the futute and I am hoping that we get at least one season of this pair together...

penelope1985

[18]Apr 11, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    divine529 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    divine529 wrote:

Oh I do not think that their relationship will be the end of the show or the final scene in the show...That scene at the beginning of the End in the Beginning was to show their relationship in the future...It could be at any stage in the futute and I am hoping that we get at least one season of this pair together...

Hmmm ratings will determine that....

Geri08

[19]Apr 11, 2010
    pinkybanana2 wrote:

The Sums in the Part of the Whole - moving on from the S4 final. Booth steps up to the plate. Brennan does the utterly selfless thing and shoots him down because she feels she's not good enough.

Soon, Booth will meet fishywoman/Brennan-Lite. He'll try and move on.

The season finale is a wedding, right? So surely it'll be Sweets' wedding to Daisy, unless the writers pull a fast one and reunite Hodgela (I doubt it) or have Cam marry her new dude. A definitive chapter - an ending - will close in the S5 finale, I'm sure of it. Something BIG is gonna happen. From that will probably come one of the main arcs for next season, and it'll be totally BB centric. While I don't think they'll properly get together at the end of this series, they will have by the end of the next.

Actually it is going to be Angela and Jack getting married...This has shown up in the sides (now we know the sides can lie sometimes too)...Sweets and Daisy are engaged but I do not think we will see a wedding from them this season...Then we have Jared and Padme...do not know about that either...

Geri08

[20]Apr 11, 2010
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    divine529 wrote:

Geri08 wrote:
    divine529 wrote:

Hmmm ratings will determine that....

True...but speculating already on Twitterdome is that Bones is good for at least a couple of more seasons...