Discussion Thread Speculation/Thoughts for the Season 5 Final. BEWARE SPOILERS

penelope1985

[141]Apr 23, 2010
    • level: 21
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    Isn't this getting a little out of hand? I thought this thread was more for thoughts about the finale and the episodes leading up to it :/

Well at least it is about the future...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ARollingStone11

[142]Apr 23, 2010
    • level: 3
    As long as we stay in the Bones world it must be okay to go a little bit off topic. Healthy discussion is only good, in my opinion. As two very wise men once said "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time you might get what you need". However, to go a bit more on topic, the Gravedigger episode and the season finale is gonna be big. I hope the letter Brennan wrote is gonna get out in the public. And I really hope that Booth doesn't leave to go somewhere with the Army. Last, but not least, only 22 episodes this season is a bit disappointing.

KxGx

[143]Apr 23, 2010
    • level: 6
    utgotye wrote:
    KxGx wrote:
    I dont say that i can see it from Brennans point of view. I dont have Aspergers, I dont have a damaged past, i am not a scientist (funnily enough i actually relate more to booth workwise as i work in the police)
    I am not at all like her.

I am defending her because i Like her. Also - the whole amused by her mocking him. I think we have each other muddled up here. i a from the Uk and if i said something kept me amused i dont necessarily mean i find it funny, sort of keeps me occupied/entertained. What i meant is that i do think that booth enjoys their little debates in the car. I dont specifically mean the religios aspect, if he really didnt like it he doesnt have to talk about it, which he does. i want what Booth wants. He wants her. I'm not saying i dont want him to move on. i think he should and if hes happy fine. i want him to get what he want, he deserves what he wants. I think she can be that person.

I see. Yes, despite both speaking English, something was lost in translation there. I would agree with basically everything you said. I don't want him to move on at all. I'm like you, I want to see him with her (if that's what he truly wants). However, from his point of view, that isn't going to happen now because she (apparently) doesn't want it/him. He NEEDS to move on and he isn't helping himself by having drinks with her after their dates. When they are alone at the diner or Founding Fathers is when these little moments seem to happen and he just doesn't need that right now.

I think, at last, we may have reached agreement. He doesnt need that right now, perhaps, as i think is the case, he said he needs to move on (and we have agreed he should try at least)but i dont think he really wants to move on which is why he agreed to continue working together and agreed to dance and so-on. Meghan ... We are having this discussion in this thread because it orginially started in the spoilers thread and we agreed to move here because it seemed the most appropriate. I know its not exactly what the thread was started for but i didnt feel the need to start a new one for what i did not think was going to be a long debate.
    It has lasted a while but i think we are starting to tire and i think we have all said pretty much everything we can so i cant see it lasting much longer and the thread can go back to what it was originally designed for.

Geri08

[144]Apr 23, 2010
    • level: 31
    As ARollingStone said 'it's ok to go a little off topic every now and again' and it was basically in keeping with what is going on at the moment (in the show)...You are right KxGx, there was no point in discussing it somewhere else...It was a necessary debate at the time and everyone needed their say...Always healthy...

Geri08

[145]Apr 23, 2010
    ARollingStone11 wrote:
    As long as we stay in the Bones world it must be okay to go a little bit off topic. Healthy discussion is only good, in my opinion. As two very wise men once said "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time you might get what you need". However, to go a bit more on topic, the Gravedigger episode and the season finale is gonna be big. I hope the letter Brennan wrote is gonna get out in the public. And I really hope that Booth doesn't leave to go somewhere with the Army. Last, but not least, only 22 episodes this season is a bit disappointing.

I agree with you that the GD episode and the final are going to be BIG! We have not heard much about either episode (and that is deliberate I feel)...even the stills are rather oblique...They will give us what they want but I believe that the good stuff will be kept mum right up until it airs and we see it...Just remember everyone though, that no matter what happens, the title says it all...'The beginning in the End'...I mean that says it all! Everything happens eventually...

penelope1985

[146]Apr 23, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    ARollingStone11 wrote:

I agree with you that the GD episode and the final are going to be BIG! We have not heard much about either episode (and that is deliberate I feel)...even the stills are rather oblique...They will give us what they want but I believe that the good stuff will be kept mum right up until it airs and we see it...Just remember everyone though, that no matter what happens, the title says it all...'The beginning in the End'...I mean that says it all! Everything happens eventually...

Ummmm I think we'll have a tone of promotions and spoilers for May Sweeps...

Meaghanlr92

[147]Apr 23, 2010
    • level: 4
    Geri08 wrote:
    As ARollingStone said 'it's ok to go a little off topic every now and again' and it was basically in keeping with what is going on at the moment (in the show)...You are right KxGx, there was no point in discussing it somewhere else...It was a necessary debate at the time and everyone needed their say...Always healthy...
    I agree, but it's sort of been going on since page four, and it started in more than one thread. (I thought I'd seen a debate thread a while back . . . Hmm . . .)

It's good to have debates now and then, too. I just thought it would've been good to get back on topic is all.

Geri08

[148]Apr 23, 2010
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    I agree, but it's sort of been going on since page four, and it started in more than one thread. (I thought I'd seen a debate thread a while back . . . Hmm . . .)

It's good to have debates now and then, too. I just thought it would've been good to get back on topic is all.

You were right! How do you feel about what is coming up from now until the final?

utgotye

[149]Apr 23, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:

You were right! How do you feel about what is coming up from now until the final?

I've been thinking about the possible accomplice for the Gravedigger. Could it possibly be someone we've already seen? If you put me on the spot I'd say it was Vega's assistant or publicist...whatever her name was, Jamie or Janine or Jane or something like that. Any ideas? Finding out that the Gravedigger was Taffet was a bit of a surprise.

KxGx

[150]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 6
    Id say it was a man.

Starprincess13

[151]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 24

utgotye wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    I agree, but it's sort of been going on since page four, and it started in more than one thread. (I thought I'd seen a debate thread a while back . . . Hmm . . .) It's good to have debates now and then, too. I just thought it would've been good to get back on topic is all.
    I've been thinking about the possible accomplice for the Gravedigger. Could it possibly be someone we've already seen? If you put me on the spot I'd say it was Vega's assistant or publicist...whatever her name was, Jamie or Janine or Jane or something like that. Any ideas? Finding out that the Gravedigger was Taffet was a bit of a surprise.

Am I remembering spoilers wrong or did we hear something about how they might not be completely finished with the Gravedigger after the trial? I keep thinking that we heard something that the episode ends leaving a possibility for the Gravedigger to come back (suggesting that Taffet doesn't die in 5.21) but I'm not 100% sure if we did or not. If we did, it could mean that an accomplice might appear later in the series.

Meaghanlr92

[152]Apr 24, 2010
    I think an accomplice to GD would be a twist, maybe too much like Gormagon, but I could see it happening. I miss season-long, heart-pounding and heart-wrenching plot arcs like that (even just single episodes, too. It's been a while since we had an intense episode).

Thought I'd post this again in case anyone missed it.

I saw a bit of last season's finale last week, and was wondering about the first of it. '. . . The first part of this story begins not with a thunderclap, but a knock.' A knock . . . Anok . . . Anok from Night at the Bones Museum . . . If that's true, and something started in that episode, then what was it? Was Brennan dating Fivehead the beginning of something? Was it the part about Brennan telling Fivehead that thing about Booth setting off something, or what about the last scene between B&B? Also, I have a feeling the clock issue from the episode has something to do with this season's finale. If the sides are true, doesn't Booth have to go away with the military? Hart Hanson is extremely good at placing clues everywhere, and I know the S4 finale and this whole season are littered with them. I wonder if he'll ever reveal them, because I'd love to know what and where they are.

Geri08

[153]Apr 24, 2010
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    I think an accomplice to GD would be a twist, maybe too much like Gormagon, but I could see it happening. I miss season-long, heart-pounding and heart-wrenching plot arcs like that (even just single episodes, too. It's been a while since we had an intense episode).

Thought I'd post this again in case anyone missed it.

I saw a bit of last season's finale last week, and was wondering about the first of it. '. . . The first part of this story begins not with a thunderclap, but a knock.' A knock . . . Anok . . . Anok from Night at the Bones Museum . . . If that's true, and something started in that episode, then what was it? Was Brennan dating Fivehead the beginning of something? Was it the part about Brennan telling Fivehead that thing about Booth setting off something, or what about the last scene between B&B? Also, I have a feeling the clock issue from the episode has something to do with this season's finale. If the sides are true, doesn't Booth have to go away with the military? Hart Hanson is extremely good at placing clues everywhere, and I know the S4 finale and this whole season are littered with them. I wonder if he'll ever reveal them, because I'd love to know what and where they are.

My guess is that in 'Museum' we have the beginning of the third parties for one...Hodgins says 'a strom is coming'...possibly referring to the BB problems at the moment and the third parties...Yes you are right about the clocks...There were two of them, one standard and one military...at the time they signified the dream and their future reality...Maybe the military one will be Bones visiting him while he is away in the army???

Geri08

[154]Apr 24, 2010
    Starprincess13 wrote:

utgotye wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    Meaghanlr92 wrote:
    Geri08 wrote:
    I agree, but it's sort of been going on since page four, and it started in more than one thread. (I thought I'd seen a debate thread a while back . . . Hmm . . .) It's good to have debates now and then, too. I just thought it would've been good to get back on topic is all.

Am I remembering spoilers wrong or did we hear something about how they might not be completely finished with the Gravedigger after the trial? I keep thinking that we heard something that the episode ends leaving a possibility for the Gravedigger to come back (suggesting that Taffet doesn't die in 5.21) but I'm not 100% sure if we did or not. If we did, it could mean that an accomplice might appear later in the series.

Yes you are right...they are not finished with her just yet! HH joked that maybe Brennan should not have hit her with that case in Hero in the Hold...

Geri08

[155]Apr 28, 2010
    I think we all have a fair idea how we think the final is shaping up...but you know HH...I really believe that we might get a surprise or two thrown in for good measure...I have my own ideas on that (just keeping them to myself for the moment)...

Question...HH has said on Twitter...

'I don't want to offer up any spoilers, but the rotating squinterns idea is, in theory, working very well for the show'...

I have to wonder what he means by that...we know that he definitely means something...I mean, if the team are supposed to be breaking up for a year...Booth going off to the army, Ange and Jack off to Paris...We do not know if Bones will go on that dig or not (I think she changed her mind about going, although with Booth departing she might decide to go)...all that are left behind are Cam and Sweets...What about the squints? Now if Bones stays, that will not be an issue, but if she goes, what will happen? I suppose the squints could keep rotating in her place! They would need someone in the Jeffersonian...Cam could supervise as normal...

What do you think guys...I have a feeling that there is more to this HH spoiler than meets the eye somehow!

Question 2...Does anyone know or can they remember how the 'time difference/six months a year' was originally worded? I would really appreciate it...

penelope1985

[156]Apr 28, 2010
    Geri08 wrote:
    I think we all have a fair idea how we think the final is shaping up...but you know HH...I really believe that we might get a surprise or two thrown in for good measure...I have my own ideas on that (just keeping them to myself for the moment)...

Question...HH has said on Twitter...

'I don't want to offer up any spoilers, but the rotating squinterns idea is, in theory, working very well for the show'...

I have to wonder what he means by that...we know that he definitely means something...I mean, if the team are supposed to be breaking up for a year...Booth going off to the army, Ange and Jack off to Paris...We do not know if Bones will go on that dig or not (I think she changed her mind about going, although with Booth departing she might decide to go)...all that are left behind are Cam and Sweets...What about the squints? Now if Bones stays, that will not be an issue, but if she goes, what will happen? I suppose the squints could keep rotating in her place! They would need someone in the Jeffersonian...Cam could supervise as normal...

What do you think guys...I have a feeling that there is more to this HH spoiler than meets the eye somehow!

Question 2...Does anyone know or can they remember how the 'time difference/six months a year' was originally worded? I would really appreciate it...

Come on! There is no show without BB solving murders together.

ARollingStone11

[157]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 3
    Everyone spread around the world and Cam + the interns left behind to solve crime? Not seeing that one. Could be good for one episode if that episode revolves around getting BB, Angela and Hodgins back to DC.

It will be even worse if they are suppose to break up for a year and the show does a time jump into the future. That will be, for me, as annoying as twitter or Twilight. Even if Booth goes to the army and the rest stay behind I doubt I'll bother to watch the show anymore.

Geri08

[158]Apr 28, 2010
    I know that there would be no show without BB...I also know that when we come back for season 6 in September, this 'year' will be up...We will not have to live through it...so we will still get BB together working cases, trying to sort themselves out etc. etc...What I was asking is what will happen to the squints in the interm (that year that we won't see)...I know that Hart means something by that statement and I am just wondering what? We also know that he has said when asked about Zach coming back that the rotating squints idea was working well and they would continue with it...

Starprincess13

[159]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 24

Geri08 wrote:
    I know that there would be no show without BB...I also know that when we come back for season 6 in September, this 'year' will be up...We will not have to live through it...so we will still get BB together working cases, trying to sort themselves out etc. etc...What I was asking is what will happen to the squints in the interm (that year that we won't see)...I know that Hart means something by that statement and I am just wondering what? We also know that he has said when asked about Zach coming back that the rotating squints idea was working well and they would continue with it...

That's definitely an interesting thought. If they are studying Forensic Anthropology, would they be able to be supervised by Cam who has no expertise in that area, would they have to temporarily go somewhere else or if they would just continue it when Brennan comes back? Hart had also said before that they might even get a new intern or two so maybe that whole situation might lead into that for next season.

I find it amusing how Hart and Stephen usually have hidden meanings in the messages and how we obsessively pore over each one because we are never sure if there is one in it or not. I bet they would get a kick out of reading our comments in this forum.

Meaghanlr92

[160]Apr 28, 2010
    I might be alone here, but I really don't want a time skip. The last show that had a time skip went horribly downhill (although, it was a four-year time skip and then everyone was adults in a show that used to be about teens), and even though Bones probably won't go down the same road, I have an aversion to it the other show was so bad. Still, all of these spoilers are just making me more excited for the finale overall. I can't wait until May 20th . . .