Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Fanfiction

Davids_Angel297

[1]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 12
    okay, so i realized that this forum doesn't have a fanfiction thread, and there are a lot of members that write or read fanfictions. for those that dont know, fanfictions are stories that a writer makes up based on, in this case, Bones. the most popular topic is writing ways for our favorite noncouple Booth and Brennan to get together. so, this is a thread devoted completely to fanfiction, as the other thread i made was..wel...deleted. ha.anyways, because not everyone is at the same age and not everyone has seen every episode of Bones, im going to set some rules.
    your post should look like this:
    Title of the storysummary of the story
    Rated either:K= 8 and upT= 14 and upM= 18 and up
    Spoilers for: whatever episode it has spoilers from or NO SPOILERS
    then, you should write your story, but put it in a spoiler tab, whic goes like this: [ spoiler ] your story [ /spoiler ] except without the spaces.put together, it should look like this:

***SPOILER***
     PLEASE, KEEP MULTICHAPTER FICTIONS UNDER 5 CHAPTERS, IF THERE IS MORE, PLEASE POST IT ON FANFICTION.NET AND THEN POST THE LINK HERE.
    and for feedback, please try to say something constructive or nice, not rude. we'd like to keep this a nice forum, mmkay?
    oh, and you may also just put the link to your fanfiction.net story if you are just that lazy. just kidding. maybe.

Edited on 06/15/2007 8:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SquintSquad10

[2]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 5

Okay, so i wasn't going crazy, the other thread did get deleted! *sigh of relief that I'm not crazy* Okay, I know you said not to just post the link, but my fanfic is more than five chapters long, so... here's the link to it on FF.net. Dee's Fanfic. It's about Brennan getting kidnapped, and well, that's all I'm gonna say because I don't wanna spoil it. Rating is either a K or T, not really sure, I'll go with T just to be safe if you think the case is kind of bleh. Reviews would be VERY VERY nice, I've only got one chapter to go but constructive critisism is welcome too, in order to help me write my next fanfic.

I've also written a little ficlet, Here In Your Arms (no, not like the song by HelloGoodbye ) that you can check out if you want. It's just some B/B fluff, not really even a whole fic because it's very short. I'll post it here in a little bit, this will be waaaay too long if I post it now.

I'm so excited for this thread! Yay for fanfics!!

Davids_Angel297

[3]Jun 15, 2007
    SquintSquad10 wrote:

Okay, so i wasn't going crazy, the other thread did get deleted! *sigh of relief that I'm not crazy* Okay, I know you said not to just post the link, but my fanfic is more than five chapters long, so... here's the link to it on FF.net. Dee's Fanfic. It's about Brennan getting kidnapped, and well, that's all I'm gonna say because I don't wanna spoil it. Rating is either a K or T, not really sure, I'll go with T just to be safe if you think the case is kind of bleh. Reviews would be VERY VERY nice, I've only got one chapter to go but constructive critisism is welcome too, in order to help me write my next fanfic.

I've also written a little ficlet, Here In Your Arms (no, not like the song by HelloGoodbye ) that you can check out if you want. It's just some B/B fluff, not really even a whole fic because it's very short. I'll post it here in a little bit, this will be waaaay too long if I post it now.

I'm so excited for this thread! Yay for fanfics!!

Dee. i pretty much love your story. i love it.

Davids_Angel297

[5]Jun 15, 2007
    so i guess i should post one since i'm the person who started this? 
    Title: Candle 
    Summary: Meh. my muse got the best of me. i got inspired by the song 'Candle' by VAST and well yeah. the words in parentheses are the lyrics to the song.
    Rated: K i guess 
    No Spoilers, unless you dont know who Brennan's father is  

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 06/15/2007 10:29pm

JessStretch

[6]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 6

yay! fanfiction is the best.

I have written 10 Bones stories on ff.net, but have ummed and aahed, and decided to post my most popular story and its sequel on here.

You'll have to make do with the links, unfortunately, because they are both about 9 chapters long.

Pain, and its sequel, Cure

I was astounded by the response these got on ff.net, and hopefully you guys like them as well. Please let me know, either on this thread or in a PM. Feedback helps me write better, and constructive criticism is always accepted, as long as it constructive. Flames help no one.

JessStretch

[7]Jun 15, 2007
    Angel, I'm sorry, but that didn't make much sense to me. The storyline was fabulous, really great analogy and character depth, but some of the sentences seemed disjointed and broken in the middle. I know that this site doesn't usually cooperate with where you want new lines to go, and this is probably the issue. Was it a song fic? Some of the lines seemed like lyrics, but maybe that was the site reconfiguring the lines. Can you PM it to me, please?

SquintSquad10

[8]Jun 16, 2007

Thanks, Angel! I'm so happy you liked my story!! Strechy's are, like, amazing, so be sure to check them out. "Cure" is truly wonderful, I kept nagging her to put up new chapters all the time...

Angel, I loved that little ficlet! Great character depth for Brennan; it really seemed like an actual part of the show with the candles and the backstory on them. And I loved the fact that Booth came and just held her, that was written beautifully. There were song lyrics, Strechy, all the parts in parenthesis were. I think there was one line down near the end that was suppossed to be song lyrics too, but maybe was forgotten to put in parenthesis, which may have been why you were confused. But great job, Angel, I loved that!!

Davids_Angel297

[9]Jun 16, 2007
    JessStretch wrote:
    Angel, I'm sorry, but that didn't make much sense to me. The storyline was fabulous, really great analogy and character depth, but some of the sentences seemed disjointed and broken in the middle. I know that this site doesn't usually cooperate with where you want new lines to go, and this is probably the issue. Was it a song fic? Some of the lines seemed like lyrics, but maybe that was the site reconfiguring the lines. Can you PM it to me, please?

yeah i made a note in the beggining that the stuff in parentheses was the song lyrics.
    i think you read it before i edited it, but just in case, i'll PM it to you. its true the website DIDNT cooperate with me and it took me a while to edit it.
    right now i cant PM it to you, but i will later when i get to the other computer that lets me PM stuff.

JessStretch

[10]Jun 17, 2007
    Okay, that's what I thought. I can't wait for you to PM it to me. Love to read it!

Davids_Angel297

[11]Jun 17, 2007
    JessStretch wrote:
    Okay, that's what I thought. I can't wait for you to PM it to me. Love to read it!
    Stretchy i cant PM it to you, its too long! and i dont have a fanfiction.net account. got any ideas as to what to do?

EDIT:never mind. its sent.
    Edited on 06/17/2007 7:11am

mag31

[13]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    Yeah, wonderful idea. I've just read Angel's text and I've begun "An Unsuspecting Hero", that's great, I love what you write all ! I'm not going to write too, and not in English anyway, but I will read all that you've done, expecting for new !!

Davids_Angel297

[14]Jun 17, 2007
    mag31 wrote:
    Yeah, wonderful idea. I've just read Angel's text and I've begun "An Unsuspecting Hero", that's great, I love what you write all ! I'm not going to write too, and not in English anyway, but I will read all that you've done, expecting for new !!

oh no! please write!!! if you have a question about English you can always ask!!!

JessStretch

[15]Jun 17, 2007
    Hey, mag31, you favourited me on ff.net! Yay! Angel, I love that story! Fantastic flow, and it is really indepth and captures the atmosphere brilliantly. I am a bit concerned that she leaves candles alight over night though... Fire hazard! Oh, and if you want to email it to me next time, PM me and I'll give you my address.

SquintSquad10

[16]Jun 17, 2007

Aww, Mag, you favorited me and my story on ff.net, too! Thanks so much!! I'm glad you're liking An Unsuspecting Hero. It's only got one chapter left, but I already have an idea for a new fic in mind.

Anybody else got fanfics? Come on now, don't be shy! I LOVE fanfiction, so I hope this thread gives people an opportunity to post them, I always love to read new fanfics! B/B fluff is my favorite to read and write, with maybe a side order of angst or a dramatic case. But mostly fluff. What can I say? I'm just a fluffy, hopless romantic kinda girl.

mag31

[17]Jun 17, 2007
    Yes, I loved SquintSquad10 story and I'm now reading Jess' ones (I've just finished "Pain" so I'm going to begin "Cure") and I love what you write too ! And Angel, I'm not going to write anything in English because it's not the same to write a story than to chat in a forum, and as I need to improve my English much more before. Maybe I will have an idea and will write something in FRENCH. But I'm better (and more used) at writing heroic fantasy stories than fanfictions. Nevermind, I'm enjoying sooo much reading you, please keep on writing!

JessStretch

[18]Jun 18, 2007

Hiya!

I've decided to post one of my smaller stories on here, it is on ff.net as well, but the format didn't turn out as well as I hoped on there. So I'll try and work these spoiler taggys...

***SPOILER***

Hopefully that worked. And that you understood that it was a heap of emails exchanged between the Squint squad and Booth. Let me know what you think!

Edited on 06/18/2007 3:04am

mag31

[19]Jun 18, 2007

Lol, I loved it, I found really original to make a story coming from e-mail exchanges. I remember you love Angela's character, I think that in your stories she's the best one too.

Well Jess, I proclaim myself your fan number one in France :p

Edited on 06/18/2007 9:36am

SquintSquad10

[20]Jun 18, 2007

Ahh, Strechy, I'm so glad you posted that over here! Obviously I've read it on ff.net, because I've read all your stuff about ten times, just because it's all so good. But I'm glad you posted it here, I haven't read that one in a while, and now I am reminded of how great it was! Strechy you are SUCH an amazing writer! Not to get all sappy, but reading your stuff actually got me started writing fanfics in the first place. So, thanks

By the way, Mag, I'm Dee. That way you don't have to say "SquintSquad10's stuff", because hey, that is a little bit of a mouthful. That would be so cool if you wrote fanfics in french! I wonder if I'd be able to understand it, since I take french at school...probably not all of it, but hey, it would be cool. If you ever get around to writing one, be sure to send it to me!!