Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

International Squints - A forum for all the non-US Bones fans!

Bones18

[1]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 10

Hiya!!!!!!!!

I'm Su and I'm Portuguese.

Because of that, I came here to create a board where all the fans of Bones that are foreign can discuss Bones in their countries... (but you're welcome too if you ARE from the US!) For example, lets suppose you live here, in Portugal, like me, and that you still haven't seen season 3, like me...you can come here to whine and moan about how sad it is that Fox Portugal is now eliminating almost all criminal shows!

And you can complain about any country, any season, any episode! Or, you can just NOT complain, if you don't have anything to complain about!

This is a place where you can chat just about anything: episodes, spoilers, fanfic, fanart, your country, I repeat: ANYTHING!!

Hope you feel like home and come here often!

Bye
    Susana

Edited on 12/03/2007 2:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iheartBooth

[2]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 8

Hey Su!

Glad to see i'm not the only one... A Fox não presta!!! You can see the eps that are posted in youtube. But it's still really really bad. Anyways, found this by accident, but if you want to, podiamos falar em português ...

Claudia

Edited on 11/13/2007 12:56pm

carioca22

[3]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 15

Hello or Olá

I'm from Brazil so I understand the things you wrote. Fox here sucks too, it's probably an universal phenomena.

Bones used to be aired in english with subtitles, this year they decided to dub it. I was soo pi§§ed.

I'm glad I don't need Fox Brazil to watch Bones, but I wouldn't mind watching Bones over and over again on TV if it wasn't dubbed.

-vesper-

[4]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 12

Ooh yay!

I'm from Finland and the way they treat Bones hereis devastating. First of all, it's on the worst timeslot ever: it's on at about 11.30pm (they keep changing it actually). They started showing season two at the beginning of the summer and then ended it mid-season a few months ago. They said that it's a 'summer show' and therefore will continue next summer. What's up with that? Thankfully I can follow the show via internet...

I guess I have something to be grateful though: at least they're not dubbing the show

Bones18

[5]Nov 13, 2007
    Olá, Cláudia, claro que podemos falar em Português, se quiseres! I'm just afraid that other people might think it's rude! Let's hope k não! (Abiso: Tenho mta tendencia a misturar Ingles km Portugues... )
    And yes, I could watch the epis in youtube if my "placa grafica" /dunno how to say it in english...) actually worked well! that means that I can't even watch snippets of the show's 3rd season!

Olá Carioca! So nice to meet someone who talks Portuguese but isn't Portuguese! That's a change! Omg, they dubbed Bones in Brazil? Tha's awful! At least in portugal, they don't do that to any show! I guess I'm kinda lucky, uh?

Hi, vesper! How I understand your problem with the timeslots! SIC, a tv channel her, plays really good shows, but always long past midnight! And what the hell s that suposed to mean? Summer show? What? That's just stupid!

Okay, guys, thanks for the posts, they warm my heart! (Critics and complains tend to do that to people! J/k)

If you have any suggestion of a nice (or not) chat or you just want to say I, THIS IS YOUR THREAD!

Manu4380

[6]Nov 13, 2007
    Bones18 wrote:
    Hi, vesper! How I understand your problem with the timeslots! SIC, a tv channel her, plays really good shows, but always long past midnight!

SIC's not even the worst... You know that tv shows like Ugly Betty, Jericho, CSI: Miami air on the weekends in the afternoon...
    But TVI... well... you do realize that if I want to watch an episode of House I'll have to wait until 0:30 or so and then you know how long the breaks are... TVI must have some record on the breaks... My God... nobody waits that much to watch the other parts of the episode...
    And you know what else I found out?
    You know that Bones aired on RTP2... well... let's just say that they aren't going to air it again... yeah... sad, right?... (no comments ...)

So, yeah... I'm Portuguese too, but you can tell by my banner, right?

iheartBooth

[7]Nov 13, 2007

Just wondering Su, where in Portugal are you from? I'm from Oeiras, maybe we could find people to start an actual fan club...

C

iheartBooth

[8]Nov 13, 2007
    Manu4380 wrote:
    So, yeah... I'm Portuguese too, but you can tell by my banner, right?
    Yeah, also by your BFU title... I'm glad to realise i'm not the only *loyal and borderline obsessed* fan of Bones in Portugal. Good to know I'm not alone C

JessStretch

[9]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 6
    *stands up*
    Hi, i'm Jess, and I'm from Australia. I love Bones too, and hate Channel 7, the station that shows it over here. We have not seen past the 6th ep of the second season. There are no immediate plans to reschedule it.
    I have seen all of S2, and up to ep 6 of S3, thanks to the wonderful lifesaver that is the internet. It's nice to meet other foreigners who are suffering from "Stupid-Tv-station-itis" like me. *sits down*

Hopeless_Savage

[10]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 9

Woo, big fan from here in England.

Can't wait for Bones and Booth to finally see whats right in front of them. Love those two!

twisted_fairy

[11]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 2
    Hey! I'm Ana from Brazil =)

The Fox ins't all that great at all. Besides not yet showing the 3rd season, they dubbed seasons 1 and 2, so whatching on it just for the fun of it it's just awful (thank God for SAP =P). I couldn't wait for they to start showing season 3, so I'm downloading it.

But even with all that against, I can't get enough of it. I just love it! =D

tainted_elf

[12]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 12
    I'm from Mexico and I have a "ñ" in my keyboard !

I think easily 60% of the forumers could go into this thread. tv.com is a very international site. Funny huh?

temphare

[13]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 3

Hi my name is Ivana, I'm from Croatia and i LOOOOVE Bones!!!! in my country we only saw the first season and then nothing, nada.... luckily i discovered the wonders of the Internet so i am getting my bones fix every week, still it is not enough, it is never going to be enough.

what other shows are you guy obsessed about or is Bones your only drug?

geezbones

[14]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 6
    great Topic!

I'm from Argentina and i'm a bones geek.hahaa i love this show. And i have to agree with you all that FOX SUCKS. and here they are going through reruns of the first season. so at least it's not that bad. but still i hate fox for making us wait sooo long for new eppies.

Bones18

[15]Nov 14, 2007
    Wow, so many people posting here! Manu, honey, so glad to see you here! So, you're Portuguese? (-->> that's me pretending to be sarcastic!(cuz I'm not!)) And you're right about TVI, i guess I jut don't watch any TVI series except for House, which I watched in Fox as you know...and those breaks, they should definitely be on the Guiness book!

Claudia, oh no, you're so far away from me! I'm from Porto, actually! But I know some people who live near me and would be willing to crate a fan club! (points to manu subtly) Okay, it's just one, actually, but I know more people on this site that are portuguese, so even though we're far, maybe we can create like an anual meeting or something! That would be cool!
    (btw, glad to see you settled on a nickname, although I still think Cláudia is beautiful!)

Hi, Jess, great to see you around here! I had heard about the problems in Australia with Bones...I'm really sorry about it, good thing you have the web!

I totally agree with you on that, Savage!

Oi, Ana! bem-vinda! yeah, carioca mentioned the dubbing problem, how awful! *shudder* Thank God they don't do that here in Portugal!

Hi, elfie! Come estas? (I think it's like that, cuz in ptguese it is but like this "estás") yeah, I know you're right, I guess I just wanted a place where people could complain-I mean, talk about Bones in their countries and chat about anything and everything! And ñ is in your keyboard? That's cool, it would be really useful here to when I'm talking on MSN Messenger! (we use ñ instead of no or não)! x)

Helo, Ivana, nice to meet you! Thank God for Internet! And although Bones is my main obcession, I really like other shows too, like CSI; CSI:NY, JAG (oldie, I know), House, etc...

Argentina? Wow, you're far away! Okay, not really, you're as far as elfie! Yeah, Fox is awful with how long they make us wait!

Bye
    Susana

signe_le

[16]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    Great topic! Hi, I'm Signe, and I'm from Denmark! ;D
    It's actually not that bad here in DK, they just started airing the 3rd season, but were only at the second one.. Kind of bad, well at least I can watch episodes on the Internet.. (If I can't wait, which is usually the reason.. )
    See you!

carioca22

[17]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 15

Hey Ana, I thought I was the only brazilian around here. Nice to see someone from around. Like my nick says I'm from Rio.

Wow there's Bones' fans everywhere, that's so cool

So your keyboard has an ñ, Elfie. Mine has this ç

Like I suspected Fox is bad everywhere.

Bones18

[18]Nov 14, 2007
    Hi, Signe! You're lucky, here in portugal, season 2 finished in early September and they will air season 3 only on February (hopefully)!

I have a ç too in my keyboard! YAY! lol, sorry, I'm a bit hyper today...am I the only one here that gets sugar high?

bye
    Su

iheartBooth

[19]Nov 14, 2007

Hi Su (again ) We should definitely start an official portuguese fan club of Bones. I mean, what's not to love about it? I think the annual meeting is the awesomest idea ever. Can you imagine us Bones-dorks all dressed up like squints or wonderwoman and clark kent after a really bad date ?

Hey everyone else! I'm shocked to see Bones is such a huge phenom, reaching every country (ok, a lil exaggerated but still..)!

Answering specifically Ivana's q, i'm absolutely hopelessly addicted to tv shows. I watch csi, csi:miami, CSI:NY, JAG, NCIS, Bones (duh!), Grey's anatomy, ugly betty, brothers and sisters, house, gilmore girls (my number 2, close-second after bones )...i could go on forever. TV is the greatest invention ever (closely followed by the internet and the computers).

I never got sugar high, bet i'd love the experience. Anyone care to try and explain it to me?

C

Bones18

[20]Nov 14, 2007
    Hi Claudia! (Do you mind if I call you that instead of C? We really should create the Portuguese fan club, I wasn't kidding! Maybe we can even create a forum for it or something! OMG, can you imagine us like in Coiimbra, kinda halfway between Porto and Oeiras, with blue labcoats and superman tshirts under it or the Wonderwoman bracelets? People would think we're nuts! (Not that they don't think already! )

A JAG fan! YAY! I'm so happy to see I'm not the only portuguese fan!

Answering your question, sugar high happens when you eat lots of sugary things, like candies or chocolate or cakes or coke and get hyperactive due to the sugar...that doens't happen to everyone, though...but to me it does...

We really should talk about the Fan Club, if you want to, you can add me on MSN Messenger, my e-mail is on my profile

bye
    Su